Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Escaping Darkness

Death Worries.

by brokenhalo 0 reviews

Death Worries.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2008-04-23 - Updated: 2008-04-23 - 672 words - Complete

0Unrated
Death Worries.
Gerard's POV
Scratching my fingers through my messy blonde locks, I barely glanced at the passing mirror upon entering the bathroom, feet moving automatically about a normal morning routine. Reaching for my toothbrush a loud crash thundered against the opposite wall, raised voices following as the neighbours began their morning routine of arguing and awaking the rest of the apartment building.
Spitting out a mouthful of foam, I stood up straighter with the sounding of the doorbell, its shriek sending shivers down my spine as I quickly cleaned up and pulled on a seemingly clean tshirt, casting a sideways glance at my beautiful wife dozing peacefully. Gripping the door handle, rattling within the frame, I was instantly caught in a web of hazel, surrounded with red raw sadness as fragile tears fell down his pale face.
“Frank!” Grabbing his arms, I gave my friend the once over before questioning him, it had been over a year since we had seen each other, now he was randomly standing on my doorstep. “What’s wrong? Why are you crying? Is Mary okay?”
Frank sniffed, hoodie covered arm rising and following the wet trail beneath his nose. “Ray’s dead.”
My body froze, knees weakening beneath the weight of Frank's whisper, my own hazel eyes boring into Frank's to discover his lie. The deep depression felt when losing a friend was cleaving through Frank's soul. He wasn’t lying.
“No.” I whispered, our worse fears suddenly in a spotlight.
“We have to leave, right now.”
Nodding in agreement, I quickly composed myself, rushing back into the apartment to wake Sarah.

Sarah’s POV
Gripping Gerard's hand, his wedding ring stung my fingers as he escorted me though the grassy dunes, our shoes sinking in the golden sand, the oddity of a normal house perched on a small hill in the distance.
Mixed emotions twisted my guts, heart thumping loudly within its ribbed home, amber eyes focusing on Gerard's determined face. His mourning cast to the back of his mind so he could process the evil latching onto our trail. How did that evil find us?
Approaching the house, painted a plain cream to match the fluffy clouds in the sky, I caught my first glimpse of Mary.
My dear friend waited patiently on the deck, wearing a sun dress that proudly showed her pregnant stomach, toffee eyes locking on Frank before she swiftly skipped down the steps, throwing herself at her love, smothering his face in doting kisses.
Gerard squeezed my hand, eyes shifting to see him a flash a rare smile since the murderous news.
“Thank god you’re both safe.” Mary sighed, embracing Gerard and I at the same time before giving us a quick inspection just to be sure. “I’ve been so worried. Where’s Bob and Mikey?”
“Mikey will be here tomorrow,” Gerard replied. “but we haven’t heard from Bob yet.”
Frank and Gerard exchanged gazes not missed by Mary or myself, the two men managing a kiss on our cheeks before easing away from us to scale the steps and disappear inside.
“They’ll figure something out.” Mary reassured me, hands slipping into mine as I noticed her tone didn’t portray the worry and angst held within her gaze. “They know what they’re doing.”
“Is that convincing you?” The delicate skin of Mary's neck shuttered before her brown waves shook lightly. “That’s what I thought.”

Hugging my knees tightly into my chest, eyes glanced down at Gerard sleeping beside me, he would whimper and groan every once in awhile, nightmares plaguing his dreams.
Fondly caressing my fingertips over his crinkled brow then back through his blonde locks, Gerard sighed, tongue slipping from his mouth to lick his parched lips and rolling onto his side, taking half of the blankets with him.
Stretching my legs over the twisted sheets, I shimmied down the bed, rolling on my side to snuggle against Gerard's burly form, it was the only place I felt safe right now.
Sign up to rate and review this story