Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Secrets Make Don't Make Friends

Stumbling Over Words

by wheresyourheart 8 reviews

something amazing could happen. will it?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2008-04-24 - Updated: 2008-04-24 - 837 words

0Unrated

Turning the key to shut off the car, Gerard says in a soft voice, "we're here". I study the surroundings--- we're somewhere on a dirt road in the woods, in the distance a small shack and a creek about ten feet away. That's about it.

"Where are we?" I ask. I'd heard about serial killers that brought their next victims in a secluded area to do away with them... but Gerard would never do that.

I hope.

"It's just this place," he tells me, "that I like to go to be alone. I've never told anybody where it is before.

Never brought anyone here."

Gerard gets out of the car, but I don't, so he motions for me to follow. I open the car door and make my way towards him. Soon we're wandering off the path and are starting to get into some really thick trees, that give off a creepy vibe.

"Uh, Gerard?" I ask.

"Yeah?" he answers.

I clear my throat. "Where are we going?"

"We're almost there."

Biting my lip, I speak the words I've been wanting to for a while, "Are we lost?"

That's when he turns around to look at me and laughs. "No, I come here all the time. Don't worry, I'm not going to get us lost."

And on we walk, farther and farther until Gerard turns to look at me again, this time not laughing. "Yeah, I think we're lost."

My heart speeds up because we've been walking so far and are probably over two miles away from the car, the sun is starting to set, and I'm half expecting Gerard to really be a serial killer or something. Another side of me is also kind of excited, being here alone, away from so many people, with Gerard. Gorgeous Gerard.

"What?" I say, my voice kind of squeeking like a little boy hitting puberty.

Gerard grins, then snorts, which is followed by a burst of laughter.

"What?" I repeat, this time a bit frusterated.

I watch as Gerard moves a couple of branches aside, revealing a clearing. Both of us walk into it, and I feel like I'm inside a television tuned to discovery channel HD. Gerard and I are standing on a wide area of grass, a cliff that overlooks the suberbs, off to the side a small waterfall from the creek I'd noticed earlier, and the most beautiful willow tree right by it, which Gerard walks over to and is now sitting under, leaned against the trunk of the tree. He pats the spot beside him and I plop myself down.

For a few minutes, we sit in silence. Gerard clears his throat and says, "I wrote a song. A new one."

"Yeah?" I say. Our legs touch, and his warmth is so comfortable. But I told him I'm gay, and I don't want to freak him out or anything, so I move it away.

Gerard starts singing softly,

"Late dawns and early sunsets, just like my favorite scenes
Then holding hands and life was perfect, just like up on the screen
And the whole time while always giving
Counting your face among the living..."


I'm looking out towards all of the homes and when he pauses, I see him out of the corner of my eye look at me, then continues,

"Up and down escalators, pennies and colder fountains
Elevators and half price sales, trapped in by all these mountains..."


He stops again, and I look to see what he's doing. He's looking at me, too, and our eyes lock.

"Running away and hiding with you
I never thought they'd get me here
Not knowing you'd change from just one bite
I fought them all off just to hold you close and tight..."


"That's beautiful," I tell him. And it really is--- the words, the way he sings them with all of his heart. I'd never heard him sing putting that much into it.

Gerard runs his fingers through his hair, getting the stray strands out of his eyes. This whole time, we haven't taken our eyes off eachother. "Frank?" he says, a barely audible whisper.

"Yeah?"

"...Can I kiss you?" he asks, looking shy.

Did I just hear what I think I heard? "Uh... excuse me?"

"Can I, uh, kiss you," he repeats, stumbling over his words.

My stomach gets that funny feeling like when you go fast over a small hill in a car, and your stomach does that strange flip thing. "Sure," I whisper.

And he leans in and kisses me softly on the lips, a surge of electricity running between us. Literally.

We both pull away quick at the same time. "Ouch," he says.

I giggle nervously, how odd. I'd never been shocked by static electricity during a kiss.




















__________________________
Hmmm, it's happened. Any good? Sorry it's a bit short, I've got the itchiest rash. I don't even know where I got it, my mom and I both have it. It's on my leg and my arm. Eugh. Yeucckkk!
So, reveiws? thanks :)
Sign up to rate and review this story