Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Keep The Faith.

Purge.

by AstroZombiee 2 reviews

Did someone say PLOT TWIST?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2008-04-27 - Updated: 2008-04-28 - 1850 words

0Unrated
FRANKIE’S POV
I was sitting in the living room of the Way residence, watching Mikey play some car game on Xbox. “I’m getting food. You want?” I shook my head and looked out the window. After breakfast that morning, (which I had skipped, staying in bed) Donna had gone out, so there was only me, Mikey and Gerard, who was yet to make an appearance. We heard him in the shower, and thought maybe he’d come out and say something. He didn’t though. I could tell Donna wanted to see him as much as we did too. She was heartbroken when we carried him in last night. We had to explain what had happened over the span of the tour. We had to explain the thick red marks on his wrists, why he had lost so much weight, why he was passed out… She had cried a lot last night. And she wanted to see him, but she also wanted to wait. Me, I couldn’t wait. “Mikey… I’m gonna go down and see Gee.” Mikey looked unsure at first, but the shrugged and said “Ok. Get him to come up if you can, it’d be cool if he was here waiting when mom came home.” I nodded and walked to the door of the basement, which I opened and then cautiously walked down the steps silently. I expected to see Gerard curled up in his doona, asleep. But when I looked at his bed, he wasn’t there. I looked around, and there he was, lying on the floor, on his stomach, propped up by his elbows and drawing. “Gerard?” I said quietly, suddenly wishing I hadn’t come down. I wasn’t ready to see Gerard. What was gonna come of this? Every time I talked to Gerard it was the same thing. He looked up at me. He still looked sick, but so beautiful. I noted the dark circles around his eyes, his lips that had no colour…. The bandages on his arms. He didn’t say anything, but patted the floor in front of him. “Your arm looks… better.” I said, in an attempt of conversation. Again, he said nothing, but pushed his drawing at me. It didn’t look finished, but I turned it over and picked it up. It was a neat little black and white drawing of our band, but instead of just shading in the black bits, he’d just written ‘sorry’ in tiny writing. There was no lines in this drawing, only that word, over and over. Tears sprang to my eyes and a smile worked itself onto my face as I looked at the picture. Ray and Bob were on either end, Gerard was in the middle, asleep, but being held up by me and Mikey, on either side of him. In front of us, on the floor, was a pile of razors, broken glass, liquid and barbed wire. I handed it back to him, and he looked down at it and then up at me. “I guess I can’t really say anything now. I figure the word is nothing compared to any action. And I’m trying to prove myself through my actions every day. I know it would be easier with you guys’ help but I don’t think I deserve it. That’s why I haven’t talked to you. But if, ever, you can bring yourself to forgive me, I’ll do everything in my power to make it work. Whatever it is.” His voice sounded croaky, and dusty. He looked down at the floor and crossed his legs, pulling them close to him, like a small child scared in a storm. “Gerard…” I said softly. “I know things just aren’t going to go back to how they were right now… But I’m willing to give it a second chance. I meant every word I said to you in the last week. But that doesn’t mean I don’t love you any less. I can see you’re trying, and I love that. I hate to see you hurting, but if it’s what gets you back together, then so be it. Mikey wants to see you, your mom wants to see you. Bob’s coming back from Chicago in a few days and he’ll wanna see you. Ray wants to kill you… But I think that requires seeing you too.” I said. He smiled weakly and then looked up at me. “Thank you…” whispered Gerard, pulling me in for a hug. I hugged him back, smiling. “Y’know what Gee? Excuse me being corny, but I think things are gonna pick up now.” Gerard nodded and said “Lets go upstairs.” I stood up and we walked up together.

GERARD’S POV
When Frankie and I got up the stairs, we just went and sat in the lounge room. I sat down next to Mikey, who I could tell was very stressed. “Mikes… I’m- “He cut me off, putting his arm around me. “Look, it’s fine. Just don’t do it again, or I’ll cut off your nuts.” I winced and laughed, pulling him into a hug. I had so missed these times, the closeness I had once shared with my loved ones. I kinda knew that things wouldn’t be the same, but I also knew that if I tried hard enough, they could be better.
Ray came over later that day, and us four guys hung out, played Xbox and pigged out on pizza (well, Mikey, Ray and I had. Frank went to the bathroom and when he got back it was gone.) just like we used to. Bob called and said he’d be there the next morning, and my mom came home around 7. “Gerard, honey, you’re awake!” She had said when she walked in. I could tell she was trying to be happy to see me, but I could see the disappointment in her eyes. I hugged her and lead her into the kitchen. “Mom.” I started. “I’m so sorry you had to see me like I was the other night. I’m sorry it got to that point, but now, things will be better than they ever were. Because I think all that had been building up, drug and alcohol wise, was eventually going to lead to something like that. I knew it all along. But it’s ok, because I needed something like that to show me the light, and pull me out of that life. And it did.” She said nothing, but smiled and pulled me into a warm hug. “Baby, it’s ok. I’m so glad you’re better. Now, how does lasagne sound?” I smiled “Fucking great!” She crossed her arms “Gerard Arthur Way, don’t curse.” I rolled my eyes and walked back to the lounge room. “Lasagne, guys.” Mikey and Ray high fived each other, ray saying “Yes!” loudly. Frank just smiled weakly and looked away. What’s wrong now? I thought. I went and sat next to him. “Frankie, what’s up?” I said. He shook his head and said “Oh, nothing. Just not looking forward to dinner, that’s all.” I tilted my head. “But you love Mama’s lasagne.” He flinched, looking uncomfortable and said “Yeah, but I had a huge breakfast.” Mikey looked up sharply at Frankie then… I didn’t know he had been listening. I laughed and said “Oh… Yeah I feel a bit overwhelmed by Mama Donna’s cooking sometimes too.” I grinned and headed down to the basement to change for dinner. It was gonna be an awesome night.

MIKEY’S POV
We were all sitting at the table, halfway through a delicious dinner. Frank, however, didn’t seem to be enjoying it. Mama had forced a tiny portion upon him after 10 minutes protest, but he hadn’t touched it. I picked up the half full basket of garlic bread and offered it to him. “bread, Frankie? It’s home made…” He shook his head and looked down. I ate the rest of my food in silence, thinking. When everyone was done, I stood up and said “I’ll wash up. Frankie, you help.” He rolled his eyes at me and stood up, picking up cutlery and plates, and following me into the kitchen, where he dumped the plates and went back for more. I grabbed him by the shirt and pulled him back. “Frank we need to talk.” He raised his eyebrows. “Uh, ok man… What’s up?” I let go of him and said quietly “I noticed you telling Gee before abut your huge breakfast. Well, it’s true that mama made a huge breakfast this morning, but I don’t know what you know about it. Not much, I’d assume, considering you slept through it.” His eyes widened and he swallowed. “You didn’t eat anything today, Frankie. I’ve been with you all day.” He stepped to the left and shuffled himself a bit. “Yeah, I wasn’t hungry today, man. Stress, you know.” He smiled weakly. “Eh, ok, but you’re having desert.” He nodded and walked out. I ran the water into the sink, and thought. I actually hadn’t seen Frankie eat anything in days. Ah well, I thought. I’m not gonna make a bit fuss out of some guy with small stomach cavities. But I will keep an eye on it.

FRANKIE’S POV
I looked down into what seemed to be an endless bowl of ice cream. I thought about what Mikey said to me before, while building a little tower with the cold, sticky stuff. It wasn’t like I was deliberately trying not to eat, I just really wasn’t hungry. And besides, it’s about time I cut down on junkfood, I was getting a bit of a pot belly. Gerard was over on the lounge. He didn’t have to have desert. Mikey and Ray had finished, and Mama Donna had gone to bed. Mikey looked at me expectantly. “Can I refreeze it for later?” I asked hopefully. Ray said “Sure. You don’t have to eat desert. Gee, Frankie, what are you, 6?” Then he laughed and walked off to the kitchen with his empty bowl. I hurried after him to scrape mine into the bin before Mikey attacked me. I rinsed the bowl and went to sit next to Gee, avoiding Mikey’s reproachful glare.


Hey guys. Not to jump to the next storyline to quickly....
Anyway I'm totally gonna be a StoryWhore now, but if anyone here reads "I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love" By PLWwayy, then can you review it pls? And if you don't read it, you should. It's a really good story, but she's not gonna update till she gets some reviews on her last two chapters, guys. So yeah... It's actually an awesome story too.

And review this one :D
Thanks guyssss, love you.

xxEC
Sign up to rate and review this story