Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Can't Find The Way Home

This Is The Best Day Ever.

by AshamedToRiseAndBe 8 reviews

hmm... Interview,, pretty predictible. (: aww,, Frankiee, heart himm.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2008-04-28 - Updated: 2008-04-28 - 1423 words

5Ambiance
YEEESSHHH
Awww!! Thank You for making my previous chapter GREEEEEEN!

New Chapter… uhhmm… something I needed to say but now I forgot? |:

Oh yeah, the ages of everyone. I kinda changed it a bit, just to fit in with the whole school scenario. So yeah… &&








”Can’t Find The Way Home”
-----------------------------------


Previously;
“Excuse me, but we need Gerard for his interview.” She smiled sweetly at the teacher and then at me. He nodded, gesturing for me to go.
I glanced at Frank who mouthed ‘Good Luck.’ I bit my lip before exiting the classroom, slowly.

____________________


Chapter Two; This Is The Best Day Ever.



“The Way’s are here to see you. Are you ready, Gerard?” Annie asked, as she marched my down the narrow hallway, on the way to her office where the consultation was being held.

“Uhhmm, yeah. I think.” I replied, struggling to catch up to her.

“No need to be apprehensive, they seem very pleasant.”
I nodded slightly, continuing to jog behind her.

We arrived at the front of the home, where she spun around on her black high heels and stopped me by positioning her hands on my shoulders.

“Wait here,” She said, sternly. I nodded huskily and adopted a seat on the opposite side of the room. She entered the office, quickly, smiling cheerfully.

What did she say their surname was? Way, was it? Way. Gerard Way. Gerard …Way. It sounded foreign; perhaps it was because I’ve never had another name but Gerard. I don’t know. I contemplated over my new life. I wondered if I had any siblings, where we lived, if I’d be allowed to go out, if I’d make any new friends. My thoughts swiftly converted to Frank. Life here would be difficult for him now. We were like brothers; we’d help each other out. He was constantly tormented over his height or appearance. Hopefully he’d be out here in no time.

“Gerard.” Annie called from the door. My head shot up. “We’re ready for you to come in now.”

I inhaled deeply, before slowly standing up and shuffled to the office.
Annie stepped aside to let me in the small room; I nodded in appreciation and nervously stepped in.
Behind a timber desk, sat two joyful looking people, grins occupied their faces.

“Gerard, this is Mrs. Way.” She said, extending her arm in the direction of a slender looking woman. “And this, Mr. Way.” Doing the same for the man.
My heart pumped as I greeted each of them with a shy ‘Hello, pleased to meet you.’

“And same with you, Gerard.” Mr. Way smiled. I relaxed a bit and took a seat opposite him.

“I’ll leave you guys to get to know each other a little bit better. I’ll return in a few minutes.” Annie stated, we watched her exit the room before I snapped my head back to my, hopefully new caretakers.

As I took my seat¸, I caught a glimpse of someone hiding behind the shoulder of Mrs. Way. I tilted my head slightly to find a better view of the mysterious figure. She noticed me doing so and let out a light laugh. “Come on Michael, don’t be shy.”

She stretched her hand behind her and I was small fingers wrap her hand. She slowly shuffled out from behind her and jumped on her lap. His cameral coloured hair was rigid and messy. He had a slender figure, much like his mother and small round glasses that sat on the middle of his nose that made me smile.

“This is Michael—“

“Mikey.” The boy corrected Mr. Way.

“Mikey, our son” he rolled his eyes. “He’s eleven.”

I smiled polity at Mikey and he returned me with a shaky grin.

“So, Gerard. Tell us about yourself.” Mrs. Way said.

I wiped my long, brown hair off my face and looked her straight in the eyes. “Well, my name is Gerard, obviously. No one knows what my last name is. I was abandoned on the doorstep when I was only a few days old and I’ve been here ever since.” I said, trying to sound happy about it.

“And do you like it here?” Mr. Way asked.

“Id rather be somewhere else.” I answered truthfully.

“What do you like to do for fun?”

“I… Draw. I guess I am a good drawer. And I like comic books.” I shrugged. The smiles never left their faces. Mikey’s even grew larger.

“So does Mikey.” Mrs. Way smiled, rubbing Mikey’s shoulder. “And you’re in seventh grade?”

I nodded my head. “Yes, seventh.”

“Mikey’s in sixth.”
Mikey nodded proudly.

At that moment, Annie re-entered. “Alright, Gerard. You had better get back to class. I’ll pull you out again in about half an hour.” I nodded and stood up, pushing my chair back under the table.

“It was nice meeting you Mr. Way, Mrs. Way.” I smiled, slightly bowing. “You too, Mikey.” I waved goodbye to him, which was gratefully returned.

I closed the door behind me, stopping for a second to tie my shoe up.

“So how’d it go?” Annie asked the Ways.

“I want him!” I heard Mikey answer cheerfully.

“You don’t want to see one of our other children?”

“No.” Mikey answered sternly. “I want him.”

I lightly laughed and returned to class.





I took my seat next to Frank in class. I heard him rip out a piece of paper from his workbook. I looked at him curiously. He scribbled something down before passing it to me under the desk.

It read;

OMG, What happened. U leaving me?

It was alright. Dunno if I’m going yet. They’ll come and take me outta class soon tho. I replied.

He sent the note back. They nice?

Very. They got a son, Mikey. He’s Ur age. But yeah, they r nice.



He nodded, screwed the paper up and shoved it under his desk. I could see the despondency in his eyes. I didn’t want to leave him here and there is no way the Way’s will want to adopt another son. I don’t even know if they want me yet. The rest of the lesson was silence between Frank and I until Annie came and disturbed the classroom once again, Mr. & Mrs. Way and Mikey standing behind her. I was excused again from the classroom and as I stood up, I heard Frank whisper a goodbye. I looked back at him miserably and gave him a sad smile, as if this was going to be the final time I see him.

All of the kids watched me exit the classroom, with their harsh eyes on me and me only. I don’t think I could be happier or sadder to leave that room. I turned to the Ways and Annie.

“Well, Gerard,” Annie started, looking at Mikey’s parents as if she wanted them to continue.

Mr. Way knelt down on one knee, as if he was about to propose to me. He was now around my height. A little bit shorter.

“Gerard, if you would like, we would be honoured to adopt you, and rightfully call you our son.” Mr Way said, slowly. “This is only if you want to. We are more than happy if you want to stay here with all of your friends, but I guarantee that you will make new ones in Bellville with our family.”

I wore an ear-to-ear smile when I heard the words escape his lips.

“Will you be our son, Gerard?” Mrs. Way asked. Mikey beamed at me. “And my brother!” he said happily.

Annie looked at me, smiling considerately. Tears were welling in my eyes, which I fought very hard to keep back. I was finally going to have a family!

“Yes!” I answered gleefully, “I’d love to.”

Mrs. Way gasped, and quickly hugged me before turning to Mr. Way and embracing him. Mikey jumped and very quickly hugged me too.

“Alright, Gerard. Why don’t you go and pack your trunk while your new parents sign some forms, yeah?” she said.

New parents.

I nodded happily. “Michael, you go up and help him.” Mrs. Way said, raising her eyebrows. Mikey nodded too and followed me upstairs.





____________________

That’s all for now Folks.

Yes, Ray. I cut it short, sorryyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don’t kill me):


Review instead, yeeah?

You see the button? Its right ther ▼ Click it.

xD
Do it...
▼▼▼▼▼▼▼
Sign up to rate and review this story