Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Demon of Konoha

Two Within

by oliverookami 0 reviews

He's Back and the conflict within shows its face. Will Oliver keep it in the dark or will Karei find out?

Category: Naruto - Rating: R - Genres: Fantasy,Romance - Warnings: [!] [!!] [!!!] [V] - Published: 2008-04-28 - Updated: 2008-04-28 - 2868 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: Again I own none of the Naruto characters BAAAAKA




“Wake up baka!!” someone yelled at Oliver as he laid on the sofa in his own home. This pissed him off to no end. He paid and refurbished it for two years. Nothing but hammering and restoring all for this and to add insult to injury it use to belong to his mother.

“What!?” He yelled back at the person in his room. Again this pissed him off. Wait he thought wasn’t Karei in my room and why is she here again? She was and she somehow tricked the wolf ninja to give her his room.

“Morning moron” said a familiar white wolf. Shinikiba was lying on the floor by Oliver. Shinikiba laughed/howled at Oliver.

“Shut up!” Oliver yelled at the wolf that had been making fun of him the whole month that Karei was there. This was only going to last one week but she would not leave. She moved all her stuff into his room and kicked him to the couch.

“You making breakfast?” Oliver asked Karei as she walked by. Oliver couldn’t keep his eyes off her. Karei Tenshi was as her name meant, beauty in every way. Oliver knew that she was only going to leave him one day but he was willing to do anything to stop that.

“Yea what do you want?” She asked which threw Oliver for a loop. She never did this so why now he thought.

“Pancakes and bacon please.” He said as he started to go through his morning routine. This is too weird, it may be a trap, but why he thought. She can’t go back and she’d be kill by someone if she tried anything. The thought of someone killing her pissed him off. To him, it seemed like it came from nowhere. Again she makes me do, say, and think things I only said or did for Hana. Now that he though of it he did not think of Hana this whole month.

“They’ll be done in an hour” Karei said as she went to the kitchen. Oliver was not nervous about her cooking. His overly sensitive nose told him enough and if she poisoned it, he’d tell.

“Thanks” he said from his bedroom as he went to the closet to only find his clothes ordered in some way. “What’s with this?!” he yelled at the top of his laughs.

“I organized your clothes.” Karei said nonchalantly.

“Why” he yelled as he heard Shinikiba laugh howling again. Karei came into the room and walked over to the closet.

“This was a mess. Now your shirts are in here, your pants in here, and your boxers in here.” She said nonchalantly. His jaw hit the floor.

“You touched my boxers?” he asked in a state of shock and disbelief. But somewhere deep, and I mean deep inside him, he was moved by this. It freaked him out of his mind.

“Yea and I’m scarred for life” she joked at it.

“I know” Shinikiba said from the doorway. Karei jumped at the sound of his voice. She still was not accustomed to a talking wolf or a wolf in the house for that matter. Oliver and Shinikiba laughed at her and she chucked a kunai at Oliver.

“You missed” he said laughing then he smelled something in the air that made him laugh harder, “The food’s burning”

“Oh shit.” She yelled as she ran to the kitchen. Oliver and Shinikiba followed her into the kitchen laughing all the way. The pancakes weren’t burned, but it was time to flip them. Karei turned and punched Oliver in the arm. This only made him laugh even harder then before because he knew that he got to her.

“Gotcha baka.” He said snickering now. He always teased her this way and it worked every time. “For a kunoichi you not that bright.”

She gasped, slapped him in the arm, and yelled, “Jackass!”

“Yep”

“Where are you going today?” she asked as if they were married. He could never get over this. He had no thoughts of marrying her.

“To meet Naruto to get our mission.” Naruto knew that Karei was an ex spy but he was ok with it because Oliver was watching over her.

“Oh, what time do you need to be there?” she asked as she checked the bacon.

“Ten.”

“Shit” she said as she looked at the clock

“What?”

“It’s eleven!” She yelled. Oliver knew that, but he didn’t care. Naruto was ok with him being a couple of hours late.

“So” He said as he stretched his arms and legs.

“Go, I’ll reheat your food when you get back.” She said in no mood to be swayed.

“Ok’’ he said reluctantly “Let’s go Shinikiba.”

“He can stay” Karei said to irritate Oliver. It did, but he wasn’t going to show her. He walked though the door without looking back and met Kiba at the door.

“Hey Kiba, what’s up?” Oliver asked as Kiba stared at the manor that Oliver’s mother “left” him. It showed the mark of the Shinijin, a white cross and black inverted cross. It represented the end of things and the paths of life.

“Nothing, I was wondering if Karei was here.” Kiba said.

“Why?”

“Ino wants some of her recipes.” Kiba answered. Karei “invited” them over two days ago and Ino hasn’t shut up about it.

“Ok, I’ll tell her later.”

“Thanks!” Kiba said overly relieved. Ino must have been taking a toll on the poor dog boy. He had bags under his eyes and she always demanded someone’s complete attention.

“See ya.” Oliver said and left before Kiba could say another thing. He had to get to Naruto so he could eat. It took the wolf ninja ten seconds in fire demon state to cross the entire village. He, of course, kicked in the door.

“What the hell, Dattebayo!” Naruto yelled as the door hit the wall next to him.

“Sorry” Oliver said as he ended the fire demon jutsu.

“What do you want?” Naruto said still mad at the smiling wolf demon.

“My next mission.” Oliver said as he became stern and calm, the work side of him.

“There is none.” A black eyed ninja said with a snake crawling around his arm.

“Stop doing that, you remind me of Orochi.” Oliver said starting to get mad at that thought.

“That why he does it.” A pink haired Kunoichi said ringing her finger though Sasuke’s hair, “but I agree with him, it is creepy, Please stop Sasuke-kun.”

“Ok Honey” Sasuke said as he sent the snake back to wherever it came from.

“Thank Sakura.” Oliver said.

“I may agree with you but it was not for you.” She said mad at him as always.

“So there is no more mission?” Oliver said trying to change the subject. “Why, aren’t we at war?”

“No, the mist village surrendered after you stole those scrolls.” Naruto said

“Damn, if I knew they would have done that, I wouldn’t have accepted that mission.” Oliver said in his same sadistic humor as always.

Team seven should have been use to this but they still stared at the wolf demon as he left. He started back for the Shinijin manor but stopped as he smelled a mist ninja walking to Naruto’s office. He turned on his heels and went towards the ninja but stayed some distance away. The ninja stopped at the kicked in door and stated that he was the messenger of the village hidden in the mist. After two or three minutes of listening, Oliver started back on his way home.

“What’s the new mission?” Karei asked as she laid the late breakfast in front of Oliver.

“There is none” Oliver said. Karei and Shinikiba both let out a sigh of despair. They looked at each other for some time then started laughing. Oliver, fed up with this, (pun intended) walked into the living room. What happened when I was gone he thought as he started eating his meal. Karei entered the room and sat down next to him. What now? “Yes?”

“Well I was thinking, now that I’m staying here, why don’t we get to know each other?” She asked as if they just started dating.

“What’s that got to do with anything? And you’re leaving as soon as we find another place you like.” Oliver said.

“I’m what?” she asked in the same tone as earlier, “I thought that we had something.” This throw Oliver off. Does she mean what I think she means?

“You think we’re dating or something?” he asked almost dumbfounded.

“Yea.” She said. Not missing a beat she gave him the best puppy dog eyes he had ever seen. She won this battle in more ways than one.

“Well what don’t you know?” he asked giving in.

“I don’t know your likes and dislikes.” She said

“I like training, a challenge” the next thing shocked him too “and you.” He said without thinking.

She stared at him like he was a new revelation, shocked and dumbfounded. “Oh” was all she could say. She looked away. Is she blushing Oliver thought. He looked at Shinikaba to see if she was. The dog shook his head yes. Why?

“So, yea, what do you like?” He asked trying to continue the subject or at least change the mood.

“I like the color pink and I guess you too.” She said in a low tone. She still looked at the ground.

ok I have had enough of this Oliver thought. “I’m going out for a bit if that’s ok.”

“Ok” she replied trying to look happy. He could see her eyes told him that she wanted him to stay. He had to get out or he might actually fall in love with this girl. He would not put her through the pain that the wives of an Ookami did. The “process” that followed marriage was to literally mix the Ookami’s blood with the other’s blood. The Ookami blood would attack and replace the other’s blood. Oliver’s mother didn’t do this because her kekkei genkai would be lost.

“Bye” he said as he went through the door.

“Bye” she said in that same meek, sad voice. Damn, she is getting to me. he thought as he walked aimlessly through Konoha. She actually likes me. Me! Why me? I’m a fool, an ass, an… he took a deep breath at the next realization. Ookami. I don’t deserve her. he didn’t want to put her in the pain he saw his aunt go through. The constant screaming, the flow of tears that came out till she was red in the eyes. He ran his fingers through his hair, trying to forget ever thing in that horrible memory. Why god? I know you’re there! So why? Why did I fall in love with rain? He sat on a bench in the park looking at the sky for some time. Nothing came to him. He got up and went to the gym to fight. No one was there so he made a clone of himself and started. He beat the clone in twenty minutes. I’m slipping. he yelled inside of himself. It should only take me three minutes, Damn, she finally got to me. She’s all I can think of now. He took a quick shower and change back into his clothes. He got himself a soda from the vending machine and continued to walk aimlessly.

“Hey Oliver!” he heard out of nowhere. He looked to where he thought he heard it from and there stood Ino dragging poor Kiba behind her. Oliver would have laughed that the sight of Kiba but he was caught up in his own mind.

“What?” he asked trying to show he wasn’t in the mood to listen to the random thoughts of a blonde bitch. She didn’t get the point.

“How is Karei?” She asked still not looking Oliver’s way.

He let out a long sigh. “Ok, can you go away?”

“Why? Did you and Karei get in a fight?” Ino asked. This set off every bit of anger in Oliver.

Kiba thankfully saw this in his eye “Ino lets go.”

“Why?” she asked still not getting what she had just done.

“Just go.” Oliver yelled trying not to slap the little bitch. She was still the dumbass blonde that brought down the other blondes like Oliver. “Just get the hell out of here!” everyone looked at him this time. Everyone was worried that if he snapped he would do three times the damage that Kyuubi did. It was all the wolf of light and darks fault. The wolf was the Biiju that Oliver’s mother placed inside him to help protect him. He wished that she never did this but he was thankful for her action.

“Ok, but you didn’t need to yell” Ino said in that dumb airhead blonde voice. That Bitch is going to drive me insane. I don’t know how Kiba puts up with it. Oliver was sitting in the park again. This was the only place he could calm down. Maybe it was because of the fact that Jiraiya and Tsunade would play hide and go seek or some other games with him when he was young. What happened to those days? He missed the old pervy saga and the princess of medication or whatever people called her. Jiraiya was killed by Pein and Oliver in a fit of rage killed three of the Akatsuki members and thrashed the others. A blaze of rage refueled inside of Oliver at the thought of those bastards. He began to think of other things. Tsunade left the village after Naruto became the hokage and Shizune died from a kunai to the heart. Oliver knew where she was but Tsunade asked him not to tell Naruto or anyone in Konoha. I should talk to her. No, she’d just laugh at me. Go to her8 a sadistic voice inside his head said. Oliver first thought that it was Shinikiba but they could never do something like this. Who is this He yelled. This time it was a peaceful calming voice Yes, go to her. Oliver suddenly felt pain course through his body. He fell to the ground in a crumpled ball. Go to her* the voices yelled and the pain moved to his stomach and back. Oliver fought the pain for a good hour before passing out, hoping the demon would not take over.

He woke up in his room and hear weeping coming from the living room. Oh god no “He’s awake” Said Shinikiba from the other room. Karei came running in the room balling her eyes out. What happened? “I thought I lost you!” Karei yelled.

“What?” Oliver asked in a confused state.

“Shino found you in the park passed out five hours ago!”

“Stop yelling please?” Oliver asked trying to stay calm. This was not the first time the demon tried to fight its way out, just the first time it talked. Two voice? I guess I a should have known. The wolf of light and dark was believed to be two wolf demon that the Shinigami fused together to stop Kyuubi who was sealed by the fourth before the wolf was sent to fight. Now it was in Oliver and he tried everything to stop it from taking over. Unlike the other biiju, the Wolf of light and dark did not have a tailed state; it just amplified the Shinobi’s ability to that of Kyuubi’s or may be passed it. Oliver did not want to know for sure. So He kept the demon inside him in a coma state.

“Okay, sorry.” Karei said in a low, almost inaudible voice.

“It’s ok,” Oliver whispered feeling pain in his heart. I can not fall in love, not with her, I will not put her through that pain. “I’m ok, I just fell asleep, that’s all.”

“Does this happen often?”

“Yes.” It was Shinikiba who answer this time. He knew Oliver’s dark secret. In fact everyone but Karei in Konoha knew. Oliver would thank him but Karei would have heard him.

“Oh, why didn’t you tell me?”

“I didn’t want you to worry every time we were somewhere together.” Oliver said faking his smile.Actually, I didn’t want you to leave. Stop it Oliver, you can’t do this!

“You should have told me” Karei said. She had finally stopped weeping and started to act like she always did. “Then I wouldn’t seem like a baka!”

“You’re not the Baka” Oliver said with a laugh. “I am.” As soon as the words left his mouth he throw a kunai at the window killing the rain ninja in the window. “Looks like the fun just began!”
Sign up to rate and review this story