Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > We Must Reinvent Love

Applause, Applause, No, Wait, Wait, Dear Studio Audience, I’ve An Announcement To Make

by Music_Is_Love 0 reviews

*read

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2008-04-30 - Updated: 2008-05-01 - 722 words

0Unrated
An hour later, Ryan and Brendon switched. Brendon handed over the controlled and sat back beside Sarah.

“So,” he began loudly, “An exciting game.”

“For sure.” She smiled. He wrapped an arm around her shoulders.

“Sarah, as the newest addition to our little group, how do you feel?” He asked in an
announcer voice, holding an invisible microphone to her lips. She giggled, leaning forward.

“I feel lovely, Brendon. It’s an honor to be here tonight.” They both fell into a fit of
laughter and Ryan looked over, slightly annoyed by his friends’ shameless flirting. Spencer snuck up on him at that moment, shooting his player in the head. Ryan scoffed and Brendon took the controller as Spencer cheered about beating both their asses. Ryan watched as Brendon showed Sarah the controls and stood, announcing that he had to go to the washroom. He stood in front of the mirror and stared at his reflection.

Of course she’d like Brendon more, he thought, look at me. I’m… scrawny and short. He shook his head, scratching the back of it and sighed. Maybe he did have something for the girl after all.

Another hour later, the game had been shut off. Spencer was still on the floor, but facing them, Ryan and Brendon were sitting a few feet apart on the couch, and Sarah was sprawled across them, her head in Brendon’s lap. She was laughing lightly as he made stupid faces, which looked even dumber upside down. Otherwise, no one had said a word in ten minutes, after they’d all laughed for twenty about nothing in particular.

“What time is it?” She asked. Ryan looked over at the clock on the wall.

“Almost eight.”

“Shit.” She sighed, closing her eyes.

“What’s wrong?” Brendon asked, staring down into her face.

“I have to work at ten and I still need to shower.

“Oh, does that mean you gotta go?”

She nodded, sitting up in Ryan’s lap.

“I’m afraid so.”

“Do you need a ride?” Ryan asked. She smiled.

“No, I can call a cab.”

“No, no. I’ll drive you.”

“It’s fine, Ryan.” She assured, standing.

“Well,” He said, also standing, “At least let me walk you out.”

“Oh, alright. If you must.” She gave in with an over-dramatic fake sigh. “Bye, guys.”

“Bye.” Spencer waved, smiling. Brendon stood, taking her hand and kissing it lightly.

“Goodbye, for now, my darling.” He joked. Sarah laughed and Ryan hurried her out, glaring at his friend. He closed the door behind him and they walked slowly down the hall.

“I had a really great time tonight, Ry.” She told him truthfully, “The most fun I’ve
had in a long time.”

“Good.” He replied, grinning.

“You’re friends are great. Really funny.”

“Yeah…” he looked down at his feet, sticking his hands in his pockets.

“So, I’ll be working tonight, if you want to stop by that’d be cool.”

He swallowed the lump in his throat from just thinking about her dancing, and shrugged.

“M-maybe.”

They stopped at the elevator and she pressed the button silently. When the doors
opened, she turned to him, smiling.

“Well, call me tomorrow, Ryan. Not before three, though.” she laughed.

“Will do.”

She leaned forward, kissing him on the cheek lightly.

“See you tomorrow, Ryan.” And she disappeared into the elevator. He slowly raised a hand to his cheek, touching it gingerly, before rushing back to his apartment. Brendon and Spencer were talking when he walked in, and he frowned, crossing his arms in front of his chest. Brendon looked up at him.

“What?”

“You know what.”

Brendon sighed.

“I don’t see what’s wrong with her knowing we’re in a band, Ryan. I really don’t.”

“It’s not about that.”

“Then what is it about?”

“I don’t really appreciate you hitting on my friends.”

“Why not? I hit on you.” the younger man joked, fluttering his eyelashes, “You’re
just jealous.”

“Of Sarah?!”

“What? No. Of me. ‘Cause I put the moves on her. She totally dug me.” He laughed.

“I told you, I don’t like her like that.”

“Uh huh. Surrree ya don’t.”

Ryan rolled his eyes, flopping down on the couch beside him.

“Whatever. Spence, hand me that controller.”
Sign up to rate and review this story