Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Twenty-One Letters Ending in T

Chapter 26.

by never_save_me 6 reviews

“For the last fucking time, I’m not seeing Escher! She came to me because you upset her. You don’t own the rights to Escher Frank, and I’ll lay down bets that I know her better than you do”

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2008-05-01 - Updated: 2008-05-01 - 1128 words

0Unrated
AN: Awwww, all of those reviews were so darned cute! I'm so glad everyone is likeing the story and I'm tryint to reply to each review personally. They seriously make my day!

Escher’s throat was dry when she woke up and went in search, on unsteady legs, for water. She felt that overwhelming feeling of dread and regret that so often mars the morning after the night before. She groaned at the way she had behaved as she padded into the kitchen and switched on the coffee machine. The apartment was mercifully silent.

She poured herself a big glass of water and swallowed two aspirins. She turned to move into the living room and screamed.

“I didn’t mean to frighten you” Gerard said with a smirk.

“Jesus Christ Gee” Escher exclaimed, she had forgotten all about him crashing the night before.

He moved back to the couch and slumped down on it.

“Just like old times” He said quietly.

“No,” Escher disagreed, shaking her head, “not so much like old times”


She leaned into him as they watched cartoons and he absentmindedly stroked her hair.

“Why don’t you tell him?” Gerard asked softly.

Escher’s chest rose and fell steadily, the calm, heavy breathing like someone asleep. She changed her position to rest her head on his chest and shrugged.

“I tried, last night…I just, I can’t feel this way Gee”

“Well you obviously do”

“I can’t feel this way about Frank”

“Why?”

Escher sighed and blew a strand of hair out of her face.

“Because he’s a client, because he’s Frank-fucking-Iero, because I just can’t”

“Escher, have you even dated anyone aside from JB since you and Johnny broke up?”

Escher stiffened in his embrace.

“I…”

“Why not?”

Escher burrowed further into him like a sulking child.

“I don’t know Gee, I never met anyone”

“Bullshit”

“Fine I…I don’t feel that I can have that again”

“What you had with Johnny?”

“I know it sounds stupid because it was so disastrous but we really fucking loved each other, no holds barred, no doubt, straight down fucking loved each other. I’ve only loved someone like that once before and it was completely one-sided. So I think that Johnny was as good as its getting. I peaked, I peaked at twenty-fucking one with my junkie husband” She moaned.

Gerard tightened his arm around her.

“I know you don’t like hearing it, but you’re wrong Escher”


It was early evening before Gerard made it home to the apartment the guys had been sharing during recording. Bob waved from where he was playing X-Box and Gerard rolled his eyes, heading to the kitchen for coffee.

“You’re a real fucking asshole, you know that?”

Gerard jumped as he heard Frank’s voice.

“You’re fucking engaged to Eliza Gerard, and you’re running off with other girls”

Gerard rolled his eyes.

“Whatever Frank, I’m not up for this right now”

“Oh why, were you up doing something else all night?” Frank spat.

“For the last fucking time, I’m not seeing Escher! She came to me because you upset her. You don’t own the rights to Escher Frank, and I’ll lay down bets that I know her better than you do”

Frank opened his mouth for a retort but Gerard silenced him with a glare.

“And I think you need to take a long hard look at why you’re so worried about Escher and I anyway?”

“I don’t want her to get hurt”

“Oh bullshit Frank, we all know what’s going on okay? We all know you’ve got a hard-on for her. So grow the fuck up and tell her!”

Frank narrowed his hazel eyes at his best friend.

“You don’t know what you’re talking about Gerard”


Escher resisted the urge to roll her eyes when Frank slipped into the seat across from her at Canary where she was enjoying a mojito Franka had made for her.

“I don’t want to fight” Frank began, “I just want to know what happened the other night and why you left with Gerard”

Escher closed her eyes and breathed deeply, willing him to have disappeared when she opened her eyes again.

No such luck, he was still there, staring at her, trying to break her down and force an answer out of her. She groaned.

“I am very sorry about the other night Frank,” She said quietly, keeping her voice level.

He was surprised, he wasn’t expecting that.

“It was incredibly unprofessional of me…” She continued, “The first thing you’re told when you work for a record company is that you don’t get involved with the talent. I should never have attended that party with you. I was going to speak to you on Monday about this, but now is as good a time as any I suppose. I think it’s for the best that we no longer see each other socially, that is, outside of work hours”

He gaped at her but she pushed on.

“Are you fucking serious?”

“Yes Frank, I am”

“But we’re friends Escher”

She snorted and leaned back in her seat.

“Frank you have made it abundantly clear that we’re not friends”

“You’ll still see Gerard though?”

Escher pinched the bridge of her nose.

“Gerard and my friendship is just that, you wouldn’t understand”

“Try me” Frank dared her.

“Gerard and I have known each other for four years Frank. He knew me at my worst”

“Your worst? I don’t get it”

“He knew me when I was a gin-soaked coke head Frank, Johnny and I were the people Gee and Bert used to go out with. I got sober first, then Gee decided to get sober as well. We helped each other but our relationship has never been anything but platonic. My…I have feelings for somebody else”

Frank’s eyes widened and Escher wished that she could discern one flash of jealousy or hurt in them, but
no, nothing, just shock.

“JB?” Frank asked.

“No, not JB…now Frank, I have to go, I have things to do”

“Escher I’m sorry I kissed you” He said to her back as she began to walk away, his voice heavy and filled with sadness.

She felt her shoulders slump and raw emotion catch in her throat.

“You always were, weren’t you Frank?”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean I was always a mistake to you!” Escher hissed, turning to face him.

He shook his head but his silence said enough, she was right she thought, she would always be his dirty little secret.
Sign up to rate and review this story