Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > There's A Good Reason These Tables Are Numbered

Chapter 1- You Just Haven't Thought Of It Yet.

by QuitLollygaggin 2 reviews

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2008-05-01 - Updated: 2008-05-04 - 2446 words

0Unrated
Please, leave all overcoats, canes and top hats with the doorman.

I emptied the pockets of my knock off Chanel coat before entering the building. A cheerful doorman greeted me when I walked in. I pulled off the cheap coat and dropped it in his open arms. He smiled politely and hung it on free hook. I gripped my purse tighter as I merged through the drawn curtains. Loud music and people chattering filled the room. I took a quick glance around. I don’t belong here.

And from that moment, you’ll be out of place and under dressed.

I stared down at my vintage thrift store dress. I looked hideous compared to majority of the girls here. My boring blonde hair cascaded over my pale boney shoulders lifelessly and my even paler face was barely covered in makeup. I wanted to go home. I wanted to be back in my one bedroom apartment, curled up in my bed and watching House. I turned around fast on my Kmart heels and headed back to the drawn curtains, hoping I’d be gone before he saw me.
“Keltie!” My name echoed through the banquet hall. I stopped and took a deep breath. I guess I didn’t leave quick enough.

I’m wrecking this evening already and loving every minute of it.

I spun back around and faced him. His grinning face made me forget how ridiculous I looked and how out of place I really felt. I smiled back before pulling myself to walk closer to him. I saw girls stare at me enviously. I finally felt like one of the pretty girls in the room. I turned my attention back to him.
“Ryan,” I started. He grabbed my small boney hands in his and kissed each softly. His small lips tingled against my skin. I blushed.
“Were you trying to leave?” He questioned. I nodded reluctantly. “Why?”
“I’m fine now.” I told him.

Ruining this banquet for the mildly inspiring and choreographed.

Ryan kissed me and then started leading me to the crowded dance floor. I started to resist, but he just pulled harder. I gave up and trailed behind him. Girls from every direction shot me dirty looks. I held Ryan’s hand tighter. He was mine, why should I let them get to me. Everyone moved away from me and Ryan as we danced. He was like Moses, parting the sea. He placed his hand on the small of back and pulled me into his small body.

When you’re in black slacks with accentuating, off-white, pinstripes… everything goes according to plan.

He pulled away from me and twirled me slowly. My boring blonde hair suddenly seemed lively and gorgeous, my cheap vintage dress seemed expensive and one of a kind and my face seemed to glow in the banquet lights. I laughed at Ryan’s ridiculous outfit. He didn’t seem to care how ridiculous he looked and I figured, neither should I. The girls continued to stare and I continued to enjoy every minute of it. I was finally, for once in my life, being envied.

I am the new cancer, never looked better and you can’t stand it.

“Enjoying yourself?” Ryan whispered in my ear. Chills ran up and down my body. I nodded and moved rested my head on his shoulder. We danced gracefully across the dance floor. Our bodies moved as one. The slow song ended and we separated.
“I’m going to get us drinks.” Ryan said. He kissed me on the cheek and left me alone on the dance floor. All my security went away. I no longer felt pretty anymore. I watched Ryan as he poured punch into two cups while talking to a very pretty brunette. I felt jealousy run through my body. I wanted to pounce on that girl and beat the crap out of her. I clenched my fists at my sides and resisted from running over there. I watched the brunette lean into Ryan and whisper something in his ear. Ryan laughed and set the two cups he was holding down. Another girl with short black air walked up to Ryan. I watched them in rage. Girls were flocking to him like he was god. But then again, he pretty much was. Being in one of the most well known bands gave you that kind of power. I couldn’t stand it anymore. I pushed my hair behind my shoulders and strutted towards Ryan. I walked with all confidence and stepped between Ryan and the girls. He looked alarmed but then kissed me on the lips. I heard the girls gasp and I smiled to myself.

I know because you say so under your breath.

The girls whispered some more as me and Ryan stayed lip locked.
“They’re jealous.” I whispered to Ryan. He just nodded and kissed me again. I pulled away from Ryan after a few more minutes and turned to face the girls. They both stared at me in disgust, like I was infected with some disease. I placed my hands on my boney hips and stared back at them.
“You’re to good for her.” The brunette said before walking away, the other one followed close behind. My eyes filled with tears and I fled to the bathrooms. I knew I should of stayed home.
“Keltie!” Ryan’s voice echoed through the banquet hall once again.

Reading lips asking “When did he get all confident?”

“Yeah, she’s with Ryan.” I heard someone say as I ran past them.
“When did he get all confident?” Someone else said. I ran faster, tears poured down my face.
“Why would he date someone like her?” The voices filled my head. I tried running faster. My small legs wouldn’t let me.

Next is a trip to the ladies room in vain.

I reached the bathroom and pushed hard on the door, causing it to fly open. I caught my balance before I fell to the ground. A few girls stood at the mirror applying makeup. I ran into the nearest stall and plopped my unshapely butt on the toilet. I buried my head in my hands and cried.

No, you just can’t keep up with these fashionistas. Tonight you are a whispering campaigne.

I heard a few more girls enter the bathroom. I dried my tears and pulled my feet up so no one could see me.
“Did you see that disgusting dress?” The voice came from the pretty brunette. I held back more tears as I listened intently. A few more indecipherable whispers were exchanged. I stood up from the toilet and pushed open the stall door. The brunette saw me in the reflection of the mirror. An evil smile crept across her perfectly tan face.
“Aw were you crying?” She asked, the fakeness in her voice made me sick.

Tonight your name is ‘Cheap’ and to them you look like shit.

“Don’t be nice.” I hissed. The brunette turned around. She stepped closer and became centimeters away from me.
“Fine,” She began. “You look like shit and the dress looks cheap. Oh and your shoes,” She stopped and looked down at my feet. “Shouldn’t even be sold they’re so ugly.” The other girls in the bathroom snickered. The brunette pursed her small red lips and crossed her arms over her fake boobs. I held back tears.
“You’re jealous.” The words escaped my lips and hit her like a truck. Her jaw dropped and she stepped back.
“Please honey, I could have Ryan cheat on you in a second.” She snapped. The girls erupted in laughter.
“I’d like to see you try.” I challenged. The girls continued to laugh. One by one they headed for the door. They all left except the brunette. She stood at the door, one hand on the door, the other clutching her Prada purse.
“You’re on.” She said and left the bathroom.

Talk to the mirror, choke back tears and keep telling yourself “I’m a diva! I’m a diva!”

I stood in front of the mirror. The girl looking back at me was disgraceful. She let those girls get the best of her. Ryan’s mine and that’s all that matters right now.
“I’m better then them.” I told myself. I tried forcing the tears back but there was no use. I let them get the best of me. I stopped crying and fixed myself up before heading back to the banquet hall. The music was soft and mellow. It calmed me down a little. I scanned the room for Ryan. I spotted him standing alone in a corner. Out of the corner of my eye I saw the brunette approaching him. I slipped into the closest chair and watched from afar. I knew she couldn’t get him.

Oh and the smokes in that cigarette box at your table, they just so happen to be laced with nitroglycerin.

I picked up a cigarette from the small box on the table and placed it between my lips. I fumbled around in my purse for a lighter. I found nothing. I was about to remove the cigarette from my lips when a flame ignited at the tip of my cigarette. I followed the flame to the hand holding it. It was a male, I could tell by the size of his hand. I followed the hand up to its face. None other then Brendon Urie. I smiled as I exhaled the toxic smoke. I hated smoking, but never got around to quitting. Brendon shoved the lighter into his coat pocket.
“Why are you here, alone, and not with Ryan?” Brendon asked. I nodded towards Ryan and the brunette.
“Ah, I see.” Brendon said. “But you’re his girlfriend.”
“I know.” I said. “I’m seeing if she can live up to her word.” Brendon looked at me curiously.
“Never mind.” I said and put out my cigarette.

I know, I know, it just doesn’t feel like a night out with no one sizing you up.

I watched Ryan carefully. They continued to talk and laugh. I felt jealousy rage inside of me again. The brunette leaned into Ryan. Her small lips pouted and ready to be pressed against his. I pushed away from the table and stood up. I heard whispers all around me. Everyone saw what was going on. They knew she could get him if she tried. She pressed her filthy lips against my boyfriends. People continued to whisper. I stormed past everyone and made my way to Ryan. I reached them. I grabbed the brunette by her long fake hair and pulled her away from Ryan. She screamed in pain.
“You dirty slut!” I yelled smacking her hard across the face.
“I told you so!” She spat. I pushed her hard causing her to go crashing into a large plant. Ryan stared at me in shock.
“I’m so sorry.” He pleaded. I turned around and headed back to the table where Brendon was sitting.

I’ve never been so surreptitious, so of course you’ll be distracted when I spike the punch.

He quickly shoved something in his pocket when I reached the table.
“What was that?” I asked.
“Lighter.” He said quickly. I nodded and sat down. He pushed a drink towards me.
“Drink up baby.”
“It’s punch.” I said taking a sip of the non alcoholic drink.
“Well, uh, drinking punch makes everything better.” He said smiling. I gulped down the sweet beverage and asked for more. Brendon got up and made his way to the punch bowl. I felt a little light headed. I set my head on the table and waited for Brendon to return. Why hasn’t Ryan came over to apologize yet? I lifted my head up just as Brendon was returning to the table. He set the punch in front of me. I picked it up and downed it in one chug.
“I’m not getting back up.” Brendon said. I burped and tried to keep my body still. I started to sway slowly in my seat.
“It’s fine.” I slurred. Why was my speech slurred? Why couldn’t I see straight? I glared at Brendon.
“What?” He asked.
“Did you spike my drink?” I demanded. Brendon threw up his hands in defense.
“No.” He stated. I didn’t believe him. I stood up from the table trying to keep my balance. I was drunk. I tried to focus as I looked around the room for Ryan. I saw him standing by the door with his cell phone pressed to his ear. I started to make my way towards him, stumbling more and more with every step. Ryan saw me and put his phone away. He began to walk towards me. I stopped and waited for him. He got to me and placed his lips on mine begging for acceptance. I accepted and let him kiss me. I forgot about everything that happened and just let him kiss me. I swayed a bit.
“Are you drunk?” Ryan asked pulling away. I shrugged my shoulders and my body tilted forward into his arms. He caught me and stood me up straight. He stared into my eyes, like he was searching for an answer.
“Keltie, there’s no alcohol here,” Ryan said. “How are you drunk?” I shrugged my shoulders again. Ryan held me up as we waked back to the table where Brendon was still sitting. Brendon smiled at us devilishly when we approached.
“Brendon!” Ryan scolded. “Did you put anything in her drink.” His words were distant and I really didn’t understand any of it. Ryan sat me in a chair and continued to yell at
Brendon. I swayed in the chair for awhile until I lost my balance and fell to the ground, ripping my dress from the bust down. I stared down at my dress in dismay. Everyone seemed to stop what they were doing and started whispering and laughing. Tears stung my eyes and I tried to stand up. The alcohol pushed me back down. Ryan lifted me up and held me in his arms. He took off his coat and wrapped it around me. I accepted the coat and pushed him away. I tried running but I couldn’t.
“Call me a cab.” I slurred to Ryan. He nodded reluctantly. Their taunting whispers filled my head, causing it to spin more. The last thing I remembered was laying in the bathroom with Ryan next to me holding my hair back.
Sign up to rate and review this story