Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Twenty-One Letters Ending in T

Chapter 29.

by never_save_me 9 reviews

That morning he awoke with a smile on his face, remembering the night before. Remembering that tiny body beneath him and the feel of her around him even as they fell asleep.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero - Published: 2008-05-04 - Updated: 2008-05-05 - 888 words

2Exciting
AN: Awwww, everyone was so happy to see them finally get together! I'm sorry


It was one of those sights that could make your throat tighten and your eyes sting. It was a sight, that once seen, could never leave you the same. Sarah smiled to herself as she stared down at Escher, her boss, her confidant, her savior…her best friend, folded into Frank’s tight embrace in the 4am light. She sighed as she closed the door, knowing that in some way she had helped, and hoping that this would make it all alright.


Sarah had found Escher – or been found by Escher – when she responded to an ad in the New York Post for experienced bar tenders. She had been mildly surprised to see such a young girl – only a couple of years older than herself – interviewing her. She had started that afternoon. E had always said she had just had a feeling about Sarah and Laz.


It was a month or so later that Sarah had been evicted, and Escher had taken her in, as well as Laz a few months after that. Sarah had been amazed by the apartment but had never asked questions. Escher was a solitary person, despite how many people gathered around her. Sarah knew if she waited long enough, the story would come out.


And it had, over a bottle of port one evening she had divulged the story of Johnny to Sarah and Laz, had told them of the separation and his death. But even then Sarah had suspected that Escher’s heart did not belong to that poor, dead boy.


She leaned against the wall and lit a cigarette, deciding that she could hear her bed calling and hoping against hope that the half packed duffel bag stayed right where it was beside the bed.


Escher tried to control the shaking in her hand as she moved quietly around the room in the dawn light. She went to the kitchen to make the call to cancel her Monday flight and rummaged through the kitchen draws to find a note pad.


She swore vehemently when she couldn’t get her hand to work properly, couldn’t get her mind to work properly so that her thoughts could leak onto the page, so she just wrote the truth instead.


The frigid city air, when it finally hit her face seemed to have a soothing effect on her, despite the way it bit at her nose and lips and tossed her bangs about. She closed her eyes, knowing she had made the right decision.



Frank usually found waking from such a deep sleep quite troublesome, he was cranky and disoriented. But that morning he awoke with a smile on his face, remembering the night before. Remembering that tiny body beneath him and the feel of her around him even as they fell asleep.


That smile turned to a confused frown as he realized he no longer held her in his arms. He got out of the bed and pulled on his jeans and hoodie, moving out to the kitchen where he found Sarah and Laz drinking coffee, he had obviously slept in.

“Uh, hey guys” He said, blushing furiously.


Laszlow smirked at him and Sarah grinned, offering him a coffee. He took it gratefully and had a sip.

“Where’s Esch?” He asked.

Sarah frowned.

“Isn’t she in her room with you?”

Frank felt his chest tighten at her words, at the look on her face.

“No” He replied slowly, drawing out the single consonant.

“Bathroom?” Laz asked, his suggestion lost on Frank as he stormed back to the bedroom.


The duffelbag and suitcase were gone. How could she pack so silently, without waking him? Had his sleep honestly been so deep? So content? He heard the thundering of Sarah and Laz behind him as he noticed the sheet of paper on her pillow, folded so that he could barely notice it.


He picked it up, already having an idea of what it would mean.


I’m sorry, I lied


He squeezed his eyes shut as Sarah took the sheet of paper, her eyes widening at the simplicity of the message.

“Oh God” She whispered, her words barely audible.

Frank felt Laszlow’s hand fall heavily on his shoulder.

“I’m sorry”

“The airport,” Sarah muttered, “If we hurry she might not have left yet”

“No” Frank said,

“But we don’t know where she’s flying, she didn’t even have a ticket booked, if we hurry we could still…”

“I said no!” Frankie said again, his voice growing stronger.

Sarah blinked back tears as Laz slipped his arm around her shoulders.

“I’m sorry Sarah, but fuck her. If she wants to run away again, I’m not going to fucking stop her”


Frank let himself into the apartment he was still sharing with the guys, after he decided to move out of the apartment he’d shared with Jamia. Gerard was sitting on the couch, still in those stupid skeleton pyjamas but even that couldn’t bring a smile to his face.

“Fuck Frankie!” Gee exclaimed over his bowl of Lucky Charms, “Where the fuck have you been?”

“She’s gone” Frank said in reply, heading straight for his room and ignoring his friends concerned glance.
Sign up to rate and review this story