Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > There's A Good Reason These Tables Are Numbered

Chapter 3- Wait For Me

by QuitLollygaggin 1 review

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2008-05-05 - Updated: 2008-05-05 - 603 words

0Unrated
“We’re stuck.” Ryan stated. I stared at him like he was crazy, like I didn’t know we were stuck in a damn elevator. I slid down the wall and sat on the floor. I hugged my knees, wishing this was all just a dream. The last thing I wanted was to be stuck in an elevator with Ryan. I wanted to know about the brunette. How did he know her? And why did he kiss her?

“Who is she?” I spoke up. Ryan stepped closer to me before sitting in front of me. I hated being this close to him. I wanted him more when he was close. I tried pulling my legs closer to my body so I was farther away from him. It didn’t work. Ryan placed his hand on my knee and scotched closer.

God, why was he so cute. I looked at him waiting for an answer. He opened his mouth, no words escaped. I waited some more.
“Well,” I persisted. Ryan took his hand off my knee and ran it through is messy brown hair.
“Her name’s Ashlee,” Ryan replied. “We used to date.” I nodded hoping he’d continue. Knowing that she was an ex wasn’t enough for me. Ryan moved from in front of me to next to me. His arm brushed against mine and I got goose bumps.

“She has some issues.” Ryan continued.
“No kidding.” I mumbled. I looked at Ryan out of the corner of my eye, he had an annoyed expression on his face. It seemed like he didn’t want to talk about her. I stayed silent as Ryan collected himself enough to continue.
“She was controlling.” He said. “She was manipulative.” Ryan sighed and turned his boy to face me once again.
“I’m over her.” He told me. I nodded and smiled slightly. Ryan smiled like he thought I was forgiving him. I still didn’t understand why I was so upset over this. It was one kiss by a crazy girl. I know Ryan better then this. I know he won’t do it again. But I also knew Ashleigh would be back and seeing as she’s so freaking manipulative, it wouldn’t be the last time he’d kiss her.

“I don’t want to see you anymore.” I blurted. I stood up quickly to leave, but only to remember I was stuck in an elevator with him. Ryan stood up and placed his hands on my shoulders.
“Keltie, I’m over her.” Ryan whined, trying to make it sound convincing. “I promise.”
I wanted to believe him. Damn my trust issues. His innocent chocolate eyes begged for forgiveness. No matter how much I tried, I just couldn’t.
“I need time.” I said. Moments later the elevator doors opened. I didn’t care what floor we were on, I got off and ran for the stairs.

I heard Ryan’s footsteps close behind. I slowed down figuring he’d catch up anyways.
“Keltie, I’m so sorry.” I turned around.
“I know.” I said. “It’s not you, it’s me.” I repeated that same cliché line one to many times. I could never seem to trust anyone and I only end up hurting myself.
“It’s not you.” Ryan insisted. I shook my head and forced back tears. “You can trust me, I swear.”
“Just wait for me.” I said to him. He gave me a hug. I felt myself wrap my arms around him reluctantly.
“I will.” He whispered. He pulled away and guided me towards the stairs.
Sign up to rate and review this story