Categories > Anime/Manga > Gundam Wing > Life Callings

Chapter 1: Reunited/ First encounters

by StarrLilly 0 reviews

Duo reunites with a childhood friend, setting chaos into motion

Category: Gundam Wing - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Humor, Romance - Characters: Duo, Heero, Quatre, Trowa, Wufei, Zechs - Warnings: [?] [R] [V] - Published: 2006-02-15 - Updated: 2006-02-15 - 813 words

-1MarySue
Life Callings, Chap 1

Parings:you'll see

takes a deep breathAU, extreme OOC, OC, Yaoi, Yuri, u name it, this has it, maybe lemon, angst,mystery, a little bit of everything. even torture and NCS. gasps for breath

WARNING: insanity is ahead.

Disclaimer: GW ain't mine. never was, never will be. whimpers

''=thoughts

"Bye guys, "Duo yells, "Be back in an hour!!" He runs out of the house, letting the door slam behind him. 'It feels great to be back in this place.' He thought. 'I haven't been here in years.' He slowly wanders the streets, lost in the memories of his past, and the girl who haunts them. 'Starrfyre1).' He sighs forlornly, a lone figure walking down the bustling streets. He hears it as he's turning the corner by the grocery store. That song. 'The one she used to play before...' he quickly cuts off the thought as he rounds the corner. The achingly familiar, yet haunting song was coming from a familiar looking red head on the side of the square, by the fountain. 'Is it her?!' To test out his theory, he walks close to her and whistles a few bars of an Irish jig. The girl starts and looks up. Their gazes lock.

"Duo!" the young woman cries, running towards him.

"Starr? Is that you?" She leaps into his arms. He twirls her around, laughing merrily.

"Been a long time Shin-Chan." She says after being put back on the ground.

"Too long, Starr-child." They kiss. Intense silvery green -violet eyes stare deep into merry violet ones. Same eyes, same message, just older.

`You ok?'

` I'm Fine. And you?'

` Same as always.'

` I missed you.' They embrace.

"Man," Duo starts," I haven't seen you since..."


"We were fourteen." Starr states. " That was four years ago. As you can see," she gestures to herself," I've grown a lot since then." She has, too. Her long red hair is even longer, now almost reaching her feet in two French braids. Her boyishly thin waist has disappeared; the curves of her hips are faintly visible through her traditional jean shorts, crop top and mesh over shirt. Her youthful awkwardness has vanished. She moves now with a delicate grace. "You have too, I notice." She says her eyes roaming appreciatively over his body. "And you've finally grown, too. I toldja you would."

"Yeah, you did" he chuckles softly. They stare into each other's eyes for a moment, lost in the memories of their past.

"How's life been treatin' you?" She asks abruptly, shaking out of her revere.

" I'm livin' with a few of my buds in a house we bought a few weeks ago." Duo replies non-chantilly. "Want to see it?"

"Sure!" She replies eagerly, and they head off back towards Duo's house. When they reach it, they find that it's very empty. "Duo, you mind if I use your bathroom?"

"No, go ahead. " She heads up the stairs.

"It's the first door on the left!" he yells up at her. "Hey Starr,' Duo yells, " I'm goin for some groceries, so make yourself at home! The guys should be back soon."

"Okay!" she replies, "I'm gonna go take a shower. Mind if a borrow some of your clothes?"

"Sure!" he replies heading out the door.

"Shway! " She declares. She hurriedly takes off her ragged gear and turns on the shower. She enters the shower and starts to wash the dirt off. 'Man, I must have three years worth of dirt and muck to wash off. It feels great to finally get clean.' She thinks rinsing off her hair. She doesn't hear the door open and close, or Heero's greeting call. As he heads towards his room, she has just gotten dressed into Duo's clothes and headed to his room to dry her hair. She sits on his bed drying her hair out. Heero comes in, thinks she's Duo, and starts fixing her hair for her. She lets him, thinking he's Duo. When he's finished she turns around to thank him, and sees Heero. She squeaks in surprise, falling off the bed. She gets back up, only to find a gun in her face. "Um... hi!" she says weakly, staring into a pair of cold cobalt eyes.

" Who are you?" Heero demands. "Who sent you here? And where's Duo?" Duo chooses this time to come bounding into the room.

"Oi! Starr! You ready yet..." His voice drifts off as he notices the tableau in front of him. "Heero! Drop the gun!" He cries in panic. Surprised, Heero complies. "Starrfyre, meet my best friend Heero." She nods at him. "Heero, meet my old friend Starrfyre." He looks at her, mild confusion in his eyes.

'But, she looks just like him! In those clothes...'His mind races at the thought.

TBC

1) inside joke. you'd only get it if ya read my teaser. no, starr is not me.
Sign up to rate and review this story