Categories > Anime/Manga > Vampire Knight > The Darkest Room

The Darkest Room

by kisara_chan 0 reviews

Strange things are happening at Cross Accademy - what could be the source??

Category: Vampire Knight - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Sci-fi - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2008-05-06 - Updated: 2008-05-06 - 735 words

1Exciting
In the furthest corner of the darkest room, there is a secret. A secret, hidden inside a darkened hallway with curtains of maroon velvet and portraits of screaming virgins; bleeding from their own eyeballs as creatures of unaccountable beauty step closer with goblets.

Even as you stand there, taking in your surroundings, echoed screams are the only noise you are likely to ever hear. Curiosity takes over you and you follow it, taking in the bloodied art that decorates each scarlet wall - maimed victims of a faceless breed, granite gargoyles flickering in the candlelight.

You reach a door at the top of the stairwell and cast your eyes over the shadows at the bottom. You have no contemplation as to what kind of hellish underbelly it leads to, or any kind of interest in finding out; reaching out a shaking hand to the brass handle in front of you, you grip hold of the chilling metal. The screams from within do not subside and you pause for a moment, taking your breath before lunging through the door.

It is a chilling interior that meets you - a bedroom in shades of cold ivory, bed in the centre. For a moment you stand and stare at the woman inside it, wrapped in silk blankets and howling in agony. The screams were hers all along.

It takes her a long while to notice your presence in the room and into your face, eyes a desirous shade of scarlet - a weak smile slipping onto her face. Taking a deep breath, you hear her whisper,

“SLEEPING ON THE JOB AGAIN, YUUKI?!”

It was the fourth time that week that Yuuki Cross had fallen asleep on patrol. It wasn’t due to tediousness or lack of sleep - in fact - there was no likely explanation at all, the only thing in her routine that had changed was waking up in odd places having drifted off.
Glaring up at whoever had called out, she gripped hold the tree branch behind her and dragged herself to her feet, feeling a slight dizzy sensation in her temples and hoping her partner never found out.

It would be a disaster if he found out.

“Heyy…you don’t look so good, Yuuki…” came the voice again and placing a hand to her forehead, she squinted in its direction - sighing inwardly as she took in the golden features of one Hanabusa Aidou.

“Aidou-senpai…” she grunted. “You shouldn’t be on the grounds at this hour…”

In her peripheral vision, she saw him tilt his head towards her - heard his shuffling footsteps on the grass towards her. Her heart thumping in her chest, Yuuki reached for any kind of weapon to use; the circumstances were not running in her favour.

Cold delicate hands with a texture of ivory rested on her shoulders. Remembering her dream, Yuuki quaked in their grasp - scraping her nails through the lawn, she reached for her weapon, finding nothing.

“I could say the same for you,” whispered Aidou. “Asleep under the tree - who are you teasing? What is your intention, Yuuki Cross? Laying where any good natured vampire can see you…asleep instead of patrolling…”

Yuuki did not answer - what answers were there? One way or another, she had endangered herself…lying in such a precarious place, any member of the Night Class could have…

Suddenly, Aidou’s hands around her neck seemed much tighter than before.

There was no mistake, she understood why the other students called him ‘idol’ instead of Aidou - the story was that his face was that of a cherub, carved at the footstool of the gods. Beholding him was like beholding something divine - right then, something fiendish. They say even Lucifer himself was handsome.

Smiling into her face with garnet eyes and polished fangs, he traced her neck with a pallid finger.

“May I partake from your neck?” he whispered, never waiting to hear the answer.

Leaning closely into her neck as Yuuki writhed in his grasp, her limbs motionless and numb, Aidou’s fangs scraped against her skin - Yuuki only just becoming aware of the sharpness as warm drops of blood trickled down her front.

She never would find out if Aidou finished, for it all went black before it was over - the final object of her consciousness the sound of a clicking gun.
Sign up to rate and review this story