Categories > Anime/Manga > Vampire Knight > The Darkest Room

Father

by kisara_chan 0 reviews

Zero doubts Cross's fatherly capabilities

Category: Vampire Knight - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Horror,Humor,Sci-fi - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2008-05-06 - Updated: 2008-05-06 - 438 words

0Unrated
It was with a solemn expression that Kaien Cross leaned over his, one too many time boarded, desk. The man in front of him was equally solemn, not through any course of events except his own demeanour, loading and reloading a hand pistol in his grasp.

This room was also painted a scarlet shade, though no screams echoed in its halls. The only occupants of this room sat in silence, each inaudibly daring the other to say what they both were thinking.

Pale haired and po-faced, Zero Kiryu glared from the slow motion of the cuckoo clock to the markings on his Bloody Rose, shaped like a dozen splinters of wood.

Slamming his pistol onto the desktop, he rose to his feet, confirming the words on both of their minds.

“ALL OF THIS IS YOUR FAULT!” He screamed, pointing at the headmaster. “If Yuuki had not been patrolling all week then she would not have been so exhausted!”

Apart from taking a sip of his cupped soup, the headmaster said and did nothing, which seemed to infuriate Zero even more. Perhaps it was because he was the one who had dragged Aidou from Yuuki’s neck or because he knew of her die-hard willingness to protect the Academy. It was Zero, after all, who stood and took notes.

“WHAT KIND OF FATHER SENDS HIS OWN CHILD TO THE DOGS?!” He roared. “ DID YOU EVEN SEE THE MARKS ON HER NECK?”

Pausing to catch his breath, he glared at his opponent, whose nonchalant demeanour remained unbroken. Sipping his soup once more, the headmaster smiled broadly at Zero.

“Zero-kunnnn, these harsh words are so unlike you,” he said. “If I thought Yuuki could not handle the life of a guardian, I would not have given her the task… of course I know that falling asleep was not part of the deal…”
He twisted a lock of hair around a finger thoughtfully and then slammed both hands onto his hips as if in conclusion.

“Perhaps I shall send in a doctor to investigate my Yukkie-chan!”

Crumpling up his face, Kiryu swiped his gun from the desk and turned to leave the room.

“Whatever, headmaster,” he said, heading for the door.

“Pleaaaaaase, call me FAAAAAATHERRR.”

For a moment Kiryu considered the man behind the desk, eyes glinting from behind large glasses in hope and hands pressed tightly together in front of his chest as if in prayer.
Sighing, he crossed the threshold and closed the door, leaving the student waiting for an audience a chance to go in.

Of all the lives in all the world, Kiryu often wondered…why that one…
Sign up to rate and review this story