Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Soul Purpose

Snoopy Pyjamas

by asherschick 5 reviews

Light and little.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-05-12 - Updated: 2008-05-12 - 3318 words

2Original
25. Snoopy Pyjamas


Thirty minutes until show time.

Defne stood in front of the mirror, checking out her reflection for the second time that night. She fumbled with her hair a little. Then undid and redid her red studded belt. She was wearing a matching red and black patterned T-shirt with tight black jeans. She had abandoned her beloved boots for the sake of her outfit and decided to go with red chucks instead.

To get her attention away from herself, she scanned the room for something or rather someone to mess with, in order to spend the time left until it was time to go up on stage and do what they do.

She spotted Devon who was standing in front of another mirror, petting his hair absently, looking just a tad bit miserable. Really, that guy had serious problems with his hair. His nervousness seemed to make him unable to do anything but be unsatisfied with his hair. His hair! He was such a pussy…

So, the singer marched up to the bassist with the apparent hair-addiction.

“Hey, Devon!”

He didn’t respond immediately so she called again, moving closer to him this time.

“Yoo, Devon!”

“What?” he turned around sharply, dumbfounded.

“I want Skittles.” she stated matter-of-factly, blinking up at him with huge innocent (fake) eyes.

“Look, I didn’t eat the last package, okay? Don’t blame me! It was probably Zack.” he ended his words in a whisper, shooting a dark look at the guitarist at the other end of the room, currently sipping some beer.

“I know Zack ate the last package. But that doesn’t stop me from wanting them.” she said, sounding bitchy.

The bassist raised his brows in confusion and humor.

“Well, what do you want me to do about that, huh, princess?”

“I want you to come with me to go get some Skittles. And. Don’t. Fucking. Call. Me. That.” she said punctuating each word carefully with a thrust of her forefinger against his chest.

He rolled his eyes.

“Yeah, ‘cause you’re so not behaving like a goddamn fucking princess.” he said. “I want Skittles, Devon!” he imitated in a little girl voice which didn’t even faintly resemble Defne’s voice.

She punched him in the stomach half-heartedly.

“Come on… You know I’m just messing with you, D! But please, can’t we at least search for some Skittles? I’d really like some right now.” she said dreamily.

He blinked down at her thoughtfully.

“Yeah. I guess I could use some of those sour purple ones. God, they taste good!”

“Uh-huh. The blue ones, too. And we won’t give Zack any!”

A devilish lightning stroke in the depths of Devon’s forest green eyes.

“Okay. Let’s go.” he said immediately.

They got out of the dressing room and walked across a narrow hallway which led to the exit of the backstage area. Naturally bodyguards were “guarding” the entrance/exit area.

They came to a halt when they heard sounds of an argument.

“Look, miss, you ain’t got a backstage pass, right? That means you don’t get around me to the other side.” said the deep voice of a guard.

“You don’t understand.” sighed an exasperated voice of a woman. “I’m telling you she’s my friend. Can’t you just call her over?”

“I don’t think so-”

“Look, just. Why won’t you listen to me for a minute? She should be expecting me!” Her voice was getting higher-pitched.

Defne frowned and stared at Devon for some time. Then her eyes slowly started to get bigger and she smiled.

“Wow, she’s here!” she exclaimed all of a sudden.

She turned around the nearby corner and stepped outside, blinking at the setting sun a couple times before moving towards where the raised voices were coming from.

“Sereeen!” she shouted when she saw her best friend.

The girl who was being held from the arm by some effective amount of muscle seemed to relax. She even managed a tiny smile. She was about five inches taller then Defne, with wavy shoulder length dark brown hair and a pale face. Her equally pale hand lifted to the air to wave at her hand.

“Defne!” she cried. “Thank you, thank you!” she continued in Turkish.

The singer ran over to her friend in a rush. The bassist followed her.

The bodyguard looked at Defne and asked:

“Is she really your friend?”

She nodded enthusiastically as she ended up next to them. Then the guard let Seren go and they stood staring at each others’ faces for a moment before breaking into hysterical laughter and moving closer to pull each other in a tight hug.

They laughed and hugged until Seren’s eyes watered and Defne’s belly ached so hard she couldn’t breathe.

When they finally let go of each other, Seren patted her friend’s back warmly and said in Turkish:

“Wow! I missed this…”

Defne gave a floppy grin.

“Yeah. You don’t know how much I missed this, too.” she answered back in her native language.

Just then the singer noticed her band mate standing awkwardly to the side, looking like he was almost afraid to spoil an intimate moment.

“Hey Seren, you remember Devon, right?” she switched to English immediately.

The other girl looked at the bassist kinda shyly.

“Yeah, I do. You play base, right?” she asked to construct conversation.

He nodded silently.

“Really nice to see you again.”

“You, too.” he said, finally smiling.

Seren studied him as they walked back the way Defne and Devon came.

“You had your hair different last year, didn't you?” she asked.

“Uhh, yeah. It used to be black and a little longer than this. But I got tired of dying it so…”

“I think it looks good like this.” she said, taking in the bassist’s naturally shaggy chestnut hair.

Devon scratched his neck shyly.

“Thanks.” he started “Ummm… I dunno if I remember right but I think you used to have glasses…”

Seren blinked unconsciously at the mention of her glasses. She was fine with her contact lenses as far as she didn’t think about them actually being nestled in her eyes.

“Yeah, I’m wearing lenses, now.” she muttered silently.

“You know what, it took me years to persuade her to wear those stupid lenses. She didn’t like the glasses but didn’t wanna have those things in her eyes, either. I still dunno how I exactly managed to persuade her from across the Atlantic.” Defne chimed in.

So they made small talk as they walked towards the back door. Devon stopped, his features turning into a smooth frown.

“I think you still need a backstage pass so they won’t give you any trouble once you’re inside.” he said. “I’ll go get you one. You girls wait right here!”

And then he jogged into the building and disappeared down the narrow corridors.

“So, did I manage to surprise you?” Seren asked.

“Oh, yeah… I was just dragging Devon out to find Skittles and then I heard your voice and went crazy!”

The taller girl shot the shorter one a smug look and grinned.

“Well that was the exact effect I was aiming for.”

Defne grinned back at her and asked after suddenly realizing something.

“Hey, don’t you have a suitcase or something?”

She got an eye roll as a response.

“Yeah, I came to a rock show with my arms full of suitcases…”

The singer tossed her hair back and scoffed.

“Okay. That was stupid, I know. But, when did you actually set foot in the country?”

“Two days ago.”

“And you didn’t tell me?” she cried, not believing.

“Well, you were the one who wanted to be ‘surprised’!” the other girl responded, impatiently.

Defne sighed.

“So, where are you staying? Cause you’re not staying there tonight! You’re rooming with me, I’ll call Aby and tell her to set things up.” she said winking.

Seren shrugged, smiling.

“Fine with me. I’ve got lots to talk to you about.”

The singer did a little dance, holding up her fisted hands in the air. “Yay!”

The taller girl checked her watch.

“So, how long till you have to be on stage?” she asked.

Defne craned her neck to be able to see the time on her friend’s watch.

“Umm, 20 minutes, I guess…”

Seren let out an exasperated sigh.

“How am I supposed to find a good spot to see the show, now?”

Defne shook hear head in amusement.

“You’re not going to, dumbass. You’re gonna watch from backstage!”

The other girls’ eyes sparkled with excitement.

Then Devon came and interrupted their conversation, handing the pass to Seren, giving her his winning, fan-girl-melting smile, and dragging Defne back inside, telling that the stage manager went crazy when she couldn’t find Defne in the building when it was a matter of minutes till they had to be on stage.

And the show began.

-------------------

At night, the girls retreated to the privacy of their cozy hotel room. They took turns taking showers. Defne got to be the first one to get cleaned up because she had been the stinkier one.

While Seren was in the bathroom, Defne brushed her hair and dried it as much as she could with a fluffy white hotel towel. She had put on her light blue Snoopy pyjamas and was feeling very soft and comfortable, until a faint knock sounded on the door of the room, that is. So the lead singer padded barefoot to open the door.

She was met with the most adorable sight she could meet in the middle of the night.

A certain frontman was standing in front of her wearing black sweatpants and a Misfits shirt, slightly hunched forward, looking like he was trying to be unrecognizable to any other person that might be in the hallway. Apparently he had only yet stepped out of shower, too, because his hair was wet and tendrils of it were plastered against his forehead and the side of his face. He smiled at her coyly from behind his amazingly thick eyelashes.

“Hey!” he whispered softly.

She couldn’t help but smile stupidly.

“Hey…” she responded almost automatically, her hand shooting up to squeeze his upper arm lightly. Then she shook herself out of it and whispered hastily:

“What the hell are you doing here, Gerard?”

He gave her a long blink that almost stretched to eternity as he moved closer and leaned against the door frame.

“I missed you.” he purred, managing to use the voice trick silently.

She couldn’t help the little shiver that ran down her spine.

“You did?” she asked hesitantly.

He nodded enthusiastically, biting his lip, and held her upper arms, rubbing his palms over them.

“I did.”

She licked her lips as she took another step closer to him.

“Well, I missed you, too.”

He grinned cheekily.

“Good.” he stated solely and leaned in for a kiss.

Defne moved back just at the final moment.

“Gerard, Seren’s here.” she whispered urgently.

But that was just cruel. How could she expect him to stay away from her when she pronounced his name like that? Standing in front of him with her beautiful wet hair and in her stupid Snoopy pyjamas and looking all adorable like that?

“Nhhhaahh” he whined, pouting all the way long. “I don’t care! Isn’t she your best friend? Aren’t you already gonna tell her about us?” he tugged on the sleeve of her arm as he whined like an insistent little child wanting his parents to buy him the new action figure on the shelf.

She blinked up at him. “Ummm, I dunno. I. I mean… Do-do you want me t-to? I mean, is it okay for me to tell her?” she asked hesitantly.

He smiled at her naiveté and leaned in to peck her on the forehead.

“If it was up to me, I’d have told everyone by now, that I have such a wonderful person like you… But everyone knowing usually screws things up so… But there’s nothing wrong with confiding in your best friend, right?”

She nodded.

“Yeah.”

“Okay, then I can tell Frank about it, too. So, now… Can I kiss you?” he asked good-naturedly.

Defne giggled and tilted her head up to glue their lips together. She pulled him inside of the room and they managed to shut the door silently while kissing at the same time. Then Gerard tripped over one of Defne’s chucks she had kicked off at a random place in the room, and they both ended up on the floor, giggling and grabbing at each other. They continued to make out as Gerard leaned his back against the door and Defne straddled his lap. When they came up for air one time, they realized the sound of the water coming from the bathroom had stopped so they scrambled to their feet hurriedly.

Defne yanked open the door as Gerard gathered himself together to be able to walk back into his room. He turned to smile at her and give her one last kiss before disappearing for the night.

He grasped her chin in his palms and placed a chaste kiss on her lips, whispering “Good night” against them.

“Yeah, good night.” she whispered back, kissing the corner of his mouth.

Finally, he moved away and waved at her sheepishly.

“I loved the pyjamas, by the way.” he said, before heading down the hall to his and Mikey’s shared room.

She stared after him and when he looked back at her one last time before entering his room, she blew him a kiss to which he responded wit the cutest kissy face ever.

Then she shut the door.

But no. She didn’t lean against it, with a stupid satisfied smile on her face.

But she did sigh.

And then she walked toward her bed and picked up her towel, continuing to try to dry her hair a little.

A few moments later, Seren poked her head out of the bathroom.

“Is he gone?” she asked.

Defne’s head shot up to the voice of her friend and she knew there was no denying anything when she saw the knowing expression on her face.

So, she just nodded in response.

Seren smirked at her knowingly.

“Hmm… So, you and Gerard, huh?” she asked, narrowing her eyes.

Defne nodded again.

Her friend flopped onto the bed, next to her and raising her brows, demanded an explanation:

“Come on… Tell me all about it! I want the whole story.”

And she did. Tell her the story. All of it.

----------------

“Wow” exclaimed Seren, when her friend was finished with telling her everything that happened through 5 months’ time.

“Yeah, wow…” she nodded “I’d never thought this would’ve. I mean…”

Seren smiled.

“Yeah, I know what you mean.” she said. “But apparently, people knew something like this was gonna happen!”

The singer stared at her friend in shock.

“What? What people? When?”

Seren laughed at her panicky face.

“Relax. I’ve just seen some blogs on the net that talk about you and Gerard… I mean they don’t have a photograph of you two making out or anything. Just nice old speculations and gossips running around from blog to blog. You know, things about how cute you two would look together and someone saying that she saw you two holding hands after a show… Stuff like that.”

Defne dived in thoughts for a moment and then swam to the surface once again.

“Wow, I guess I lost my magic touch for the internet world. I never came across any stuff like that…”

“Well, you’re not the crazy obsessive best friend wondering about what her best friend’s doing across the Atlantic and trying to gather as much information as possible about her…” Seren admitted sheepishly.

Defne laughed.

“That’s a good point, you know! I was actually wondering about you, too. But I don’t have the opportunity to follow your life around the net. So, what’s going on?”

“Well, you know what’s going on! I’m coming here. I got a bunch of acceptances and I’m gonna choose one university among them and bam, then I’m here!”

“You’re gonna choose Stanford.” Defne stated confidently.

“What, why? Who said that? Maybe I’ll go to Berkeley, huh?”

“You’re gonna go to Stanford because my apartment’s close to the campus and we’re gonna live together. Just like we dreamed we would…”

“Oh, so my accomodation’s already covered. That’s cool. Maybe I’ll choose Stanford!”

Defne punched her on the shoulder playfully and changed the subject.

“So, how are things between you and Emre?”

Seren’s face dropped suddenly. Even though she tried to mask it for a moment, she stopped trying eventually because it was so evident in the first place that it was impossible for Defne to not notice the change.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” the singer asked, moving closer and wrapping an arm around her friend’s shoulders.

“Emre and I… We’re. We’re over.” she said silently.

“Oh… you mean, for real this time?”

She nodded.

“Yeah. I. I told him t-this time, I wasn’t gonna stay put in one place for h-him, that he needed to make a sacrifice, too. I asked him if he could wait for me to come back but no… I didn’t follow you here years ago because he didn’t wanna be apart and I wasted such a great opportunity… But I couldn’t possibly waste this much greater opportunity because of his whims, too. So I told him that I was going, he could either come with me or wait for me. And then we had a fight. So. Yeah. Over.

Defne rubbed her back sympathetically.

“You did the right thing.” she said softly. “If he can’t understand that this is important for you, he’s no good to you...”

Seren nodded.

“I know.”

After some time, when she thought her humor would be appreciated, Defne talked once again.

“Besides, there’re plenty of nice guys in here, too.” she said.

Her friend smiled, shaking her head.

“Yeah…”

Defne elbowed her in the gut slightly and grinned.

“And you know what? I think Devon likes you… He definitely has a thing for you.”

Seren blinked at her in surprise but her eyes were already shining with happiness.

Then they talked and laughed all night long, ending the never-ending night with Pirates of the Caribbean – The Black Pearl.

They voiced Captain Jack Sparrow’s parts, which they had long memorized, and tried to mimic his unique accent.

It was fun.



A/N: Wow, it has been so very long... I had really started to think that midterms had stolen and eaten my soul but it turns out that they had only hid it some place real clever. It took me a long while to find it. But I did, that’s gotta count for something, right?

So… Here you go with a light little chapter. You could read this and go straight to bed, it’d work like sleep drugs. Well, at least I’m going to bed now because the scene with Gerard made me want to go to bed, hehe xD

I love you guys and I’m really sorry for this long long wait. I’ll try not to do things like this anymore… Whatever, anyway… Review/rate. Do whatever you feel like to do. I’ve only just found myself again. So, could you please motivate me a little? :/

Thanks, guys. For sticking with this =)


< 333333333
Sign up to rate and review this story