Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > So Little Time

Burst My Bubble

by xleftxbehindx 1 review

Gerard's happy plan is shattered as he faces his fears in a hospital.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2008-05-12 - Updated: 2008-05-13 - 563 words

1Exciting
I got into my black Chevy and drove away from my apartment. Running through my head was the list of things that I needed to do. I had to get a new apartment, somewhere far way, but not too far from my school. College was out for the summer anyway so Frank and I would have plenty of time to adjust. I could find a job anywhere, but money wasn’t really an issue. My grandmother had left Mikey and I a large sum of money when she passed away. The drive to Frank’s house went by quickly and, before I knew it, his house was in sight. I parked a block away because Frank’s dad had begun to recognize my car.

I walked over to the window, expecting to see Frank waiting eagerly. Instead my eyes were filled with the sight of Frank lying helplessly on the floor. His hands clutched his head and his breathing was shallow.

“Oh God,” I prayed as I climbed through the window. “Please let him be alright.” I scooped him into my arms and felt for a heartbeat. It was still there, fluttering faintly. I carried him out the window and laid him gently in the backseat of my car. Heading back inside, I grabbed Frank’s backpack and guitar which I had noticed in the center of his room. I saw a piece of blank notebook paper half hidden underneath his bed. I picked it up and, with a pen I had pulled out of my pocket, I wrote Frank’s father a note.

Don’t bother looking for Frank
He’s safe now
You’ll never find him


I placed it on Frank’s bed where he was sure to see it, then I hurried back out to the car. Frank was still unconscious and I had no idea what was wrong with him. Starting the car quickly, I rushed to the hospital. Frank didn’t stir the whole time and the worry was gnawing at my stomach like a hungry animal. I parked the car in the crowded parking lot of the emergency room. Even though it was late at night, it still seemed busy here. I carried Frankie inside, being very careful with him. He was so light, I felt like I was holding air. As I shouldered open the glass door a mousy haired nurse came to meet me.

“What happened?” she asked crisply.

“I’m not sure,” I replied. “I found him like this in his room and I…he always had bad headaches, but I’m….” I was overcome with emotion and I couldn’t speak.

“This way please,” the nurse commanded. She led me to a row of stretchers and gestured that I should place Frank on one.

“We are going to run some tests, and we will let you know how things are going,” She informed me. Then she pushed Frank away down the stark white hallway.

I sank into a seat in the waiting room with a shiver. I had almost forgotten how much I detested hospitals. The nervous fear was starting to fill me up. The last time I had been in a hospital was when my grandmother died. I placed my head in my hands and let a few stray tears fall. I was so scared. What was happening to my Frankie?
Sign up to rate and review this story