Categories > Books > Harry Potter > The Darkest Song

The Darkest Song

by Marshmallow 3 reviews

What happens when your life is thrown upside down at the blink of an eye? Melody Christina Jessica Snape is transferred to Hogwarts and has to train herself into becoming the true weapon of the lig...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Harry - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2008-05-13 - Updated: 2008-05-14 - 1414 words

3Cliche
Summary: What happens when your life is thrown upside down at the blink of an eye? Melody Christina Jessica Snape is transferred to Hogwarts via American Airlines and has to train herself into becoming the true weapon of the light as she tries to seek revenge on those who killed her mother. Melody/Harry, some smut in later chapters. No slash as of yet. FIRST FIC! Read appropriately!

“Ma’am, would you like a drink?” said the air hostess. She was holding a cups of various beverages; alcoholic and non.

Melody looked up the inappropriately happy air hostess from beneath her raven locks of curly, black hair.

“No thanks,” she mumbled.

She looked back down at her painted black nails and sighed as her eyes raked over the scars on her arms. She wasn’t suicidal, far from it in fact. The scars were just evidence of her not so great past few weeks. Melody didn’t want to think about it. She snarled and raked her slender hands through her raven locks of curly black hair when the air hostess asked her again if she wanted a drink.

“Do I look like I want to be pestered by and inconspicuous air hostess like you?”

She glared at the woman until she went to annoy the guy behind her. The guy had been constantly trying, and failing, to score a date with Melody. If it was any other day, she’d have been up for it, but she just wasn’t in the mood to let a man see her curvaceous and slender body so soon after what had happened. Melody cursed her birth father of whom she would be meeting at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry when term starts.

Melody sat back and put on the eye mask. She hadn’t had a good sleep since the incident where her mum died. It didn’t look like the plane was going to make any difference. She hadn’t hardly been asleep two minutes when the nightmares plagued her.

“Stand aside, little girl,” snarled the man with long blonde hair and dark lashes, “We don’t want you, we want the brat”.

Melody could only see through bricks and mortar, but it looked like her mother was encompassed in a hue of white light and purity like an angel.

“You will not touch Melody! She is too holy for you, take me instead!” her mother, racked with turmoil, pounded on the chest of the devilishly handsome man.

“Listen, girl, we don’t want you. Hand over the brat and we’ll leave you in piece,” said the man harshly.

“I WON’T LET YOU TAKE HER!” Melody’s mother screamed with rage and her body glew with bright red light of burnished red.

There was a huge bang; Melody screamed, her mother screamed, the men screamed even the animals in the house and surrounding areas seemed to scream. A flash of the reddest light Melody had ever seen before and then it all went black.

“Ma’am!”

“Ma’am!”

“Excuse me, Ma’am?”

Melody was being shooken awake by the air hostess and the guy who used to be behind her was sitting next to her. Melody groaned and put her slender hands to her forehead. It was caked with cold sweat which burned her fingers and she gasped.

“Wh-wh-what happened?” she stuttered and looked around to see the air hostess standing above her with a worried expression on her golden face.

“You fell asleep then screamed bloody murder. We had to land the plane!” screamed the hostess, “It’s okay though, we’re back in the sky now.”

Melody nodded and leaned back against the seat. A glance at the screen showed she would be arriving at England in an hour.

“Great,” she muttered to herself, “I get to stay with Aunt Tatiana on privet Drive until I can go to Hogwarts and see dad. Just great”.

------------------------Scene Break------------------------

“Melody! It’s time for some crumpets, darling,” shouted Aunt Tatiana from the bottom step.

Melody growled and punched the pillow with her fair hands. Aunt Tatiana had been bugging her non-stop since she got here and Melody hadn’t been allowed to explore the area of Privet Drive since she got here. It had been three days and she had been fed with fatty foods which, although didn’t make her fat, made her look more shapely. Melody had a really fast metabolism and she had been doing Kung-Fu, Karate and Ju-Jitsu since a really young age. Ever since she got here, Melody made sure she got her body in shape as you never know when you need protection right? You can wave around a wand all you want, but if you get smacked in the arse with a long rod, you’ll be feeling it the next day. Melody made sure she was succinct at dodging and hitting, kicking, fighting and throws before she left America.

She walked downstairs gracefully and entered the dining room where Aunt Tatiana was waiting for her with a cup of steaming tea. As she sat down, her aunt clucked disapprovingly at her hair and frowned.

“Melody Christina Jessica Snape! Haven’t I told you to do something with your hair?” her aunt shrieked.

“Well, what do you want me to do? It’s my hair! I can do what I want to it!” Melody snarled. She really did hate the use of her first name because, even though it was really pretty, it had “Snape” in it and she didn’t like Snape. He left her when she was a baby in America with her mum and never came back and it was only because her mum died that he said he would take her in. Melody was only going to Hogwarts so that she would get enough magical training as possibly before she embarked on a mission to take on the men who tried to kill her and who killed her mother.

“Don’t speak to me like that, you ungreatful beast!” Screamed her Aunt Tatiana. “Get out of my house! I don’t want to see you until tonight!”

Melody didn’t even bother saying bye as she stormed out of the room with her raven locks swaying gently behind her. She slammed the house door and stalked furiously around the block, hoping to get rid of the pent up anger she had sealed within herself.

Melody wasn’t even looking where she was going as sparks were flying around her due to the immense power she had and the anger she was feeling, and she walked head on into a boy of about fifteen years old.

“Watch it!” he screamed as he rubbed his forehead furiously where the impact was made and glared at the witch dressed in tight black clothes and red stilettos.

Melody shook her head and looked at the boy apologetically, “I’m sorry, I really wasn’t looking. I’ve had a hard day”.

The boy, Harry, looked at her pityingly and looked straight into his eyes. He knew he shouldn’t trust a stranger so quickly but he saw pure grief and turmoil and raw power within the beauty’s blue eyes that he immediately hugged her. (aww!)

She didn’t know what to do at first and started struggling to get away from him, but he held her tightly and never let go of her, so she broke into a sob and held onto him just as tightly. He waited until her crying stopped and they both sat down at the bottom of the tree next to them.

He told her everything that had happened in his life and she told him of the terrible turmoil in here, yet neither of them let on they were a witch/wizard. Melody didn’t tell him her last name and he didn’t tell her his, to each other they were just Harry and Melody. Soon to be best friends and lovers forever.


------------------------------------------------

A.N Okay, this is my first chapter! I only put it up again because ChemicalGenocide (Love you, babe!) told me she would comment on it nicely! Even though I posted this up before, it’s still my first fic. I made lost of improvements to it because last time it was written really badly! I dunno how I wrote so bad! Please review it okay? NO FLAMES PLZ, IT’S MY FIRST FIC!
Sign up to rate and review this story