Categories > Anime/Manga > Pokemon > The Mewtwo File

Epilogue

by AlisonVen 2 reviews

Epilogue

Category: Pokemon - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Characters: Mewtwo - Published: 2008-05-18 - Updated: 2008-05-18 - 5625 words - Complete

1Exciting
Epilogue

Sakura’s father took her to the lab to see the newest pair of kittens growing in the gestation unit.

“Just remember,” he told her as they walked up the path from the house, “these are still only tiny, they won’t look much like your big brothers and sisters.”

The rainy season had begun on Shima, and as they walked, the light sprinkling rain turned into a steady fall, pattering on the leaves and making tiny ripples in the puddles along the path. At the first heavy drops, Mewtwo took Sakura’s hand in his and cast a water-tight shield around them both. The child laughed in delight, holding her other hand out to watch the rain splash and bead and run off without ever making contact with her skin.

Dr Fuji Yutaka looked up from his desk as they walked in. “Mewtwo, is this the new lab assistant you’ve been promising me?” he said with a grin.

Sakura smiled back at her grandfather. “Daddy says I can see Kiyo and Keiji, so long as you say it’s all right for me to be here.”

Yutaka stood up and stretched. “Ooh now, I don’t think you’ll disturb them,” he answered, walking to the gestation unit with Sakura.

She stood on tiptoes, trying to peer up into the tank. Mewtwo lifted the seven-year-old in his arms so that she was eye-level with the two pink kittens floating peacefully inside. She gave a gasp of delight and covered her mouth with her hands.

“They look like little pink jelly-beans!” she announced.

“That’s because they’re so new,” Mewtwo told her.

“Did I look like that when I was new?”

“You did. Only we couldn’t see you, because you grew inside Mummy, instead of this tank. We should show you the ultrasounds. They’re pictures we took inside Mummy when we found out you were there, we keep them in a little album with your baby photos.”

“I’ve got to go back up to the house for some notes; I’ll ask your Grandma to find the album and we can look at them after dinner tonight,” Yutaka offered.

“It’s pouring down outside,” Mewtwo said. “If you wait a few minutes, Sakura and I can come with you and I’ll shield us all from the rain.”

Yutaka shook his head. “No, no, take your time,” he said. “I’m not sure where I put my notes, so I may be a while.” He placed a waterproof hat on his head, shrugged into a plastic rain-cape, pulled on his gumboots and reached for the big black umbrella hanging from a hook by the door.

“Yutaka, you’re only going up to the house,” Mewtwo told him in an amused tone. “Not Antarctica!”

“You can’t be too careful when you reach my age,” Yutaka said with dignity. “I wouldn’t want to catch a cold.”

He opened the door and stepped out. The rain chose that moment to stop, and a weak beam of sunlight broke through the clouds, but Yutaka raised his umbrella anyway and splashed determinedly off through the puddles.

Mewtwo shook his head with a smile and turned his attention back to the tank. Sakura was still staring at the kitten embryos, a look of intense concentration on her face.

“Benji said I’d be able to hear them talking in my head,” she said in a disappointed tone of voice. But I can’t, Daddy.”

“That’s because you’re fully human, like Mummy,” Mewtwo told her, walking slowly around the gestation unit with her still in his arms, so that she could get a view from all sides. “Your psychic talent is growing, but you might not be able to use it completely until you’re older.”

“I can always hear Benji speak inside my head, even though I can’t hear the others,” Sakura said. “That’s why I really wanted to be able to listen to Kiyo and Keiji.”

Mewtwo looked at her disappointed little face. He knew she felt left out when the feliniforms in the family could communicate so easily telepathically. It seemed that, although she had inherited her mother’s latent psychic ability, she also had her biological father’s tight natural shielding. It made it difficult for her to hear any of the other family members. The exception, of course, was Benjiro, who had managed to bond with her while she was still in utero. It seemed as if that contact had accustomed her to his psychic speech patterns, while the others remained impossible for her to hear.

“Kiyo and Keiji are still so little, they don’t talk yet,” he said consolingly. “They just have emotions, like feeling warm and comfortable. They’re really a bit boring.”

Sakura turned her brown eyes to her father’s face. “Mummy said you grew up in one of these, too,” she stated curiously.

“Well, for a while I did,” Mewtwo answered. “When I got out I was nearly as big as Benjiro is now. Then I spent the next few years on this island, until your father came along and took me back to the mainland with him.”

“Ooh, tell me the story, Daddy!” Sakura said, her eyes shining with anticipation.

“You’ve heard the story lots of times,” Mewtwo teased gently.

“But I love it! Tell it again, please!”

“All right.” He sat in Yutaka’s vacated seat and settled Sakura on his lap. “Once upon a time, there was a very powerful king named Raikatuji Sakaki. He was rich and famous. He had a younger brother … ”

“Who was a cat, just like you, wasn’t he, Daddy?” Sakura interrupted.

“Who’s telling this story, you or me?” Mewtwo asked. “But you’re right, the younger brother was a sort of cat. Now, in Raikatuji-san’s kingdom there lived a beautiful lady named Fuji Aiko.” He glanced at Sakura, but this time she managed not to interrupt. “Both the king and his brother were very much in love with the lady, but she chose, not the rich and powerful king, but his penniless younger brother.

“The lady and the king’s brother knew they needed to leave Raikatuji’s kingdom. They wanted to go to Shima to make their own small kingdom, but to do that they needed money. The king’s younger brother was an agile fighter, so he became a sort of knight, who could make money by fighting other knights in the arena … ”

“And he was called the Attack Cat!” Sakura said, too caught up in the story to stop herself. “And he won every tournament, even the one where he got sick and couldn’t use his psychic moves!”

Mewtwo nodded tolerantly, watching the little girl’s rapt face. From the time she was a toddler, she’d loved stories about kings and queens; as she grew older, Mewtwo and Aiko had discovered that this fairy-tale element worked very well in explaining to her the adult dynamics that had culminated in her birth. Sakura was aware that this story was an allegory for what had actually happened, she knew that the “kingdom” was in reality a business empire, and that her biological father had been a successful businessman. But she loved to hear the story as told to her by members of her immediate family, in the “once-upon-a-time” fashion that made it all seem magical.

“The knight and his lady made money that way,” Mewtwo continued, “enough to leave and follow their dream of starting a new kingdom of their very own. When the king found out they were planning to leave him, he was very sad. He tried to make them change their minds and stay. But finally he realized that they were going to go, no matter what, so he wished them good luck and said goodbye.”

Mewtwo’s tone had become wistful; the child sitting in his lap watching him so attentively reminded him in many ways of Sakaki. She was very like Aiko in looks; but now and then she would do something, move in a certain way or with a certain type of mannerism, or an expression would appear on her face, and Mewtwo would remember, with a pang of bittersweet nostalgia, where he had seen it before. On Sakaki. And, just occasionally, on his own face, reflected in the mirror …

“The years went by and the island kingdom grew. First Montaro and Mieko arrived, then Hanako and Hideaki, and then little Benji. ”

Sakura gave a sudden choke of laughter, and Mewtwo looked down into her face with surprise at the reaction, his ears pricked forward curiously. “What’s so funny?”

“Little Benji!” Sakura giggled. “You said ‘little Benji’!”

Mewtwo smiled. Benjiro, at nine and a half, was now almost as tall as his father and older brothers, with the lanky arms and legs typical of the feliniform’s early adolescence. “Ah well, he’ll always be ‘little Benji’ to me,” Mewtwo said. “No matter how tall he gets.

“It was around this time,” he continued, taking up the thread of the story, “that the lady and the knight visited the mainland, and by accident, they met the king again. They hadn’t seen him in many years, and were very happy to talk to him once more. But the king had never stopped loving the lady Aiko, and seeing her again made him envious of his younger brother. The king thought, if only he could make her forget his brother, he could make the lady love him, instead.”

Sakura’s face was very solemn now as she listened to this part of the story. “What did the king do?” she asked breathessly, although she knew the whole story off by heart.

“The king waited for a day when his brother had to leave the island. Then he sent two of his men to lure the lady down to the beach. When she got there, they captured her, without anybody knowing, and stole her away from the island kingdom.”

“Benji knew about it,” Sakura commented, as Mewtwo paused. “He told me he was there when the bad men took her. But he was only little then, not grown-up like now, so he couldn’t stop them.”

“Benjiro-chan tried to fight them off,” Mewtwo agreed. “The bad men drugged him and your mummy, but left him on the jetty for the family to find when they got back.” He resumed the story from the point of view of fairy-tale. “The lady Aiko was taken to Raikaituji’s kingdom. So her family couldn’t find her, she was locked in a dungeon, deep underground. The knight tried to find her, he searched for her night and day, but she was too well hidden. It seemed as if her psychic signature had just … disappeared … ”

Mewtwo stopped speaking. Even now, the memory of that terrible time had the power to make his pulse race and his mouth go dry with the remembered intolerable fear and loss. He stared unfocused at the far wall, recalling his desperate search for Aiko, the sure knowledge that she was dead and gone forever from him, and the seductive idea that he could finish it all by simply letting himself plunge to earth from on high, let the ground close over him and end his torment. His throat became tight as he recalled how close he had come to ending his life, and that it was only the thought that he must see justice done that had sustained him long enough to get back to the island. And how Yutaka had managed to sway him from suicide by appealing to his sense of responsibility as a father ...

He was brought back from his musings by the feel of a little warm hand that had slipped into his. He glanced down in surprise. Sakura had taken one of his paws in her hand and with other was stroking it gently, smoothing the fur over his knuckles in the way Aiko so often did. The little girl’s expression was very serious when she looked up into his eyes.

“When Benji tells me the story,” she said slowly, “he always makes it sound like a big adventure, that it was because I needed to be born that mummy left. And when Mieko, Montaro, Hanako and Hideaki tell it, they all talk about how brave they were when they rescued mummy from the dungeon. But whenever you or mummy tell the story,” and she hesitated, her brow wrinkling as she tried to find words for her emotions, “I can sort of … feel your sadness.” She touched her throat with one forefinger. “It gets all tight in here, and I sometimes feel like crying.”

Mewtwo hugged her gently with his free arm, laying his cheek on the top of her head. “That’s a sad part of the story,” he agreed gruffly. “And you’re right, it depends who’s telling it. Mummy and I remember the part where we missed each other so much, and thought we’d never see each other again. That’s why we feel like crying then.” He looked at Sakura speculatively. “If you really can pick up our emotions like that, maybe your psychic talent is growing. You may be able to hear the others telepathically, if you keep practicing.”

Sakura looked pleased. “Benji’s helping me,” she confided. “He says I’m whispering with my mind now, and he’s trying to teach me how to shout.” She went quiet for a moment, then added, “If the story makes you sad, daddy, you don’t have to finish it.”

Mewtwo shook his head. “But the happy-ever-after part is coming up soon, and that makes the sad part worthwhile.”

Sakura settled back against him, looking up expectantly.

“The lady Aiko found that she could use her psychic ability to get a message to her knight. She told him where she was, and he and their children traveled to Raikatuji kingdom and freed her from the dungeon. There was an evil dragon called Rin guarding her, but Montaro dealt with her. Then the family managed to take the lady home once more to their kingdom.

“Now, while all this was happening, up at the castle, the king was experimenting with a new weapon. It was very powerful, but like everything powerful, it could also be very dangerous. Once the king found out that the lady Aiko had been rescued, he was very angry. The knight had gone to talk to his brother, but the king didn’t want to listen. He was so angry that he tried to use the new weapon on his brother. Montaro had followed his father, and was able to save him, but this made the king even more angry, and he got careless. He had an accident with the weapon.”

Sakura nodded solemnly. “He got shot, didn’t he, Daddy? When the weapon was aimed at Montaro, he was trying to reach the king, so the weapon was pointed at them both. And you were able to use your psychic power to pull Montaro out of the way just in time.”

“That’s right. The laser hit the king instead of Montaro.”

“And he died, never to see the lady Aiko or his brother again,” Sakura added.

Mewtwo glanced at her face to see how she was taking this part, but as always, she displayed fascinated attention but no grief. Of course, Mewtwo thought, the death of a fairy-tale king was easier to deal with than the death of a father she’d never known. That was the main reason he and Aiko had decided on this particular format to explain her birth; they didn’t want her to feel guilt about her biological father’s actions towards the mother she loved.

“Yes. The king’s brother and the lady Aiko were sad that he died. They had truly loved him, you see. But he left them a gift, something they hadn’t expected.”

Sakura smiled expectantly at this, sitting up straighter. It was her favourite part of the whole story.

“He gave a little princess, his only child, to the lady Aiko. Both she and the knight loved her very much, and named her ‘Sakura.’ The knight adopted her as his own, and he is her uncle, but she calls him Daddy. And when the little princess was born, her blood was tested on the mainland. That proved that she was, indeed, the king’s only child. The lawyers argued about it, but they finally had to agree that she was the king’s legal heir. The whole of the rich Raikatuji kingdom belongs to her, and the lady Aiko holds it in trust for her until she grows up.”

Mewtwo stared out of the window for a moment, musing. Raikatuji Sakura was a very rich little girl, having inherited her father’s massive business empire. It was being operated now by managers, and Mewtwo wondered if Sakura would one day take over personally, like her father had. Certainly, she was smart enough, Mewtwo thought. She had inherited quick wits and intelligence from both sides of her family. But from an early age she’d insisted that she wanted to be a pokemon expert ‘like mummy and granddad’.

Although that had always been one of Sakaki’s interests, as well, Mewtwo thought. Not the research side, perhaps, but he’d always had a talent for making intuitive leaps of imagination, of taking ordinary ideas and turning them into something extraordinary. Too extraordinary at times. Mewtwo frowned: he still had occasional nightmares of a pixilated Aiko and a flat-lining monitor…

“Finish the story, Daddy,” Sakura insisted, impatient to hear the rest.

Mewtwo pulled his mind away from remembered night terrors and returned to the task at hand. “And the family lived on the island … ” he said, then paused expectantly, and Sakura finished the sentence with him: “happily ever after.”

Sakura nodded, satisfied that the ritual had been properly completed. She was silent for a moment, a pensive look on her face. Finally she looked back up at Mewtwo.

“Was my father a – bad man?” she asked.

Mewtwo took his time answering, choosing his words carefully. Sakura had never before asked such a question. Also, he noticed that she wasn’t now referring to the fairy-tale king, but had asked about the real Sakaki. That she had done so he considered a sign of her maturing outlook, and as such he wanted to give her a truthful answer.

“Sakaki was – human,” Mewtwo answered slowly, “with all the good and bad qualities every human has. His major problem was that he’d never been denied anything in his life. He’d always been rich, and was used to getting his own way. So he didn’t know what to do when anybody told him no.” Mewtwo smiled nostalgically. “When I first met him and went to live on the mainland, I wanted to be just like him. To me, Sakaki was the best of the best, a handsome, successful human with everything I’d ever wanted, but could never hope to have. I would have given up all of my psychic powers, all of my dreams of building my own species, if I could just have been as human as Sakaki was. I wanted to be his brother truly, not something constructed from a mixture of different creatures that just happened to have some of his cells. ”

“Do you still wish you were human?”

“Oh no, not any more. Once I realized that your mummy loved me for who I was, I was able to accept myself as well, for perhaps the first time.” Mewtwo thought about it for a moment. “I’m fairly sure Sakaki envied us. I think, for all his power, he was lonely. He could never be sure that the people he regarded as friends were really his friends, or if they just wanted to be with him because of his money and influence. But I loved him for the fact that he was the only family I had, and Aiko loved him because he didn’t treat us like freaks for wanting to be together.”

“But he stole Mummy away from the family, and that hurt you both,” Sakura said, her brow furrowed in the effort to understand.

Mewtwo nodded. “Yes. But I think I know why he did it. Aiko and I were the only true family he had, and he missed us, once we left. For a long time, I believe, he really tried to forget that he loved your mother; but he was lonely, and when we met him again on the mainland it brought all the memories back, the good times the three of us had shared together. And we did have some good times. Some of my happiest memories are of Sakaki and I, talking, practicing, training. We used to laugh together, and after Aiko, Sakaki was the human I liked most.” He sighed. “I should have kept in contact with him after I came here to Shima. Maybe – maybe if I had, Sakaki wouldn’t have been so lonely. I still feel guilty that I didn’t make the effort. But we were so busy here, me and Aiko and your grandparents. We were building a new species together, and the time went by so fast that I didn’t realize how the years had slipped by. And I was so very happy, it never occurred to me that Sakaki was unhappy. I think, when he met us again, that he – gave in to temptation. He hungered for the sort of love that Aiko and I share. But love can only be given, it can never be taken by force. That was something he never understood.”

“I would have liked to meet my father,” Sakura said, considering. “I mean, I’ve seen the pictures mummy has in her scrapbook of him and you when you were fighting on the circuit, and I’ve seen all the discs Grandma recorded from the television then, too. But it’s not the same thing, is it?”

“No, no it’s not the same,” Mewtwo agreed.

“But I think it would be confusing,” Sakura continued. “You can’t have two daddies, can you? You’re my daddy. But you’re not my father, you’re my uncle!” She smiled, as if amused by the idea, and once again, Mewtwo could plainly see the resemblance to her biological father. That quick, mischieviously-charming smile was pure Sakaki. Then it faded, and her face became serious again, and she looked far more like her mother. “Does that make Benji my cousin? He says it does.”

“Mmm, I suppose you could call him your cousin,” Mewtwo said, trying to keep up with the kaleidoscopic train of thought and endless questions of a typical seven year old. “Benjiro is my clone, which means he is sort of your father’s younger brother, as well! Yes, let’s just say he’s your cousin. It makes it easier.”

The child smiled. “I’m glad you saved mummy and that you’re my daddy, even if you’re really my uncle!” She put her head to one side, as if listening. “Benji’s finished his schoolwork,” she announced, sliding off Mewtwo’s lap. “He says would I like to go down to the beach with him and the kittens before dinner.”

Mewtwo was not surprised when the door opened at that moment to reveal Benjiro, along with seven year old twins Raku and Raiden, and Kuri and Kiyoshi, Montaro and Meiko’s four year olds. He’d already spotted their psychic signatures as they walked down the slope from the main group of houses. Sakura ran to join the ranks of her chattering peer group with a smile, taking her accustomed spot beside Benjiro, who was the acknowledged leader of the gang.

“Don’t be late back for dinner,” Mewtwo said, raising his voice slightly to be heard as the six children exited. “Grandma’s made umeboshi.”

He watched for a moment longer as they walked off down the path, then stood and padded across to the storeroom. The door was slightly ajar, with Aiko standing just inside, sorting through some computer discs. She placed them on the table beside her as Mewtwo came in and put his arms fondly about her waist.

“Why didn’t you come out and join us?”

Aiko shook her head with a slight smile. “I didn’t want to interrupt while you told Sakura the story. That’s the first time I’ve heard her ask about Sakaki. Not as part of the story, I mean, but about why he did what he did. You handled it well.”

“Her questions made me nostalgic. I still wonder, now and then, if I could have managed things with Sakaki differently, better. Would he still be alive today if I hadn’t gone back to the Raikatuji building after we rescued you? He must have been very afraid of me to have built Koneko’s robotic body; my being there goaded him into using her …”

Aiko put two fingers against Mewtwo’s mouth, stopping him. “Sakaki sowed the seeds of his own destruction when he abducted me,” she said firmly. “I’m just glad we’re still alive. I was so scared that night. If you hadn’t come to rescue me, he would have killed me. Maybe not right away, maybe without meaning to, but I’d certainly be dead now. Sakaki’s addiction made him completely unstable. And I can never forgive that he planned your murder. If he’d managed to kill you … if I’d lost you because of him …” She broke off, her expression suddenly bleak. She put both arms about Mewtwo and hugged him hard, burying her face in the soft fur of his chest.

Mewtwo rested his cheek against the top of her head for a moment in a brief kiss, hugging her back. “How fierce you sound, my little mate! I’m glad it’s not me you’re angry with!”

Aiko knew he was making light of it to lift her mood, and looked up into his face, giving him a small smile of reassurance. “I think you were right when you told Sakura that her father always had to have his own way. He could act like a spoilt child at times – charming, but only for as long as he got what he wanted. We kept confusing him, because we didn’t want the same things! He didn’t know how to deal with us.” She picked up her discs again. “Just let me put these away and we can go on up to the house.”

“Have you finished here, then?” Mewtwo asked. “I don’t think Yutaka’s going to be back anytime soon.”
“Dad was yawning before you got here. Those notes of his were just an excuse: I’ll bet he’s fallen asleep on the couch again!”

The rain was falling once more as Mewtwo and Aiko exited the lab. Aiko slipped her hand about her mate’s waist fondly. He smiled down at her and she felt the slight tingle as the waterproof shield activated about them both.

A peal of childish laughter sounded from the beach, and they turned to watch the children for a moment. They were playing by the shore, totally oblivious to the rain as they raced about in a running game. The slight shimmer in the air about each showed that they were all shielding against the wet weather, even the pair of four-year-olds. Benjiro was holding Sakura’s hand in his own and protecting them both.

“Hey, that’s not fair, Raku!” Sakura was protesting. “It’s against the rules to levitate when me and Kuri and Kiyoshi can’t … ”

She broke off with a sudden squeal of surprise as she and her kitten cousins were hoisted a little above the sand. Laughing, Sakura turned to Benjiro, who was still holding her hand but grinning cheekily. She was now on eye-level with him. “Put me down!” she demanded.

“Why? We can beat Raku now!” he answered.

And the six children raced away down the beach, squealing and laughing, Benjiro levitating himself, Sakura, and his pair of cousins with no apparent effort, while his younger brother and sister struggled to keep up.

Aiko smiled at the sight. Raku had turned out to have a competitive streak; she was constantly testing her older brother and human sister, and would complain that Benjiro always took Sakura’s side in everything. Raiden, on the other hand, was as easy-going as all the males of the Mewtwo clan, and happy to let his sister take the lead. The six flying children disappeared around the curve of beach, and Aiko looked up at her mate, sensing a bittersweet nostalgia radiating from him.

“Benjiro and Sakura make me think of you and I when we were young,” Mewtwo told her. “We could have been childhood friends, too, if we’d been given the chance.”

“If only Dad had let me stay at the lab that day we met. But we became friends anyway. We just had to wait a while to meet again.”

Mewtwo was silent for a moment, but Aiko sensed his mood. She smoothed the fur over his knuckles with her thumb. “What’s wrong?” she asked gently.

“Are we doing the right thing?”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean, Sakura and Benjiro are so close. Maybe that’s not such a good idea.”

“I don’t understand. Benjiro adores her, you know that, and she loves him. Why is that not good?”

“Yes, she loves him as a brother. But I know Benjiro loves her as a future mate. He told me recently that they’re going to live together like we do when they grow up.” The familiar frown line had appeared between his eyes. “Remember what Sakaki said? That it was … what was the word, when people are related and shouldn’t mate?”

“Incest? Well, Benjiro and Sakura aren’t actually related, except in the most tenuous of terms,” Aiko answered. “Sakura told me the same thing, that she and Benji plan on being mates. But they’re children still, so I wouldn’t worry about it. They may both change their minds in future.”

Mewtwo shook his head, his expression very serious. “Benjiro won’t. But Sakura might. She has a lot of Sakaki in her temperament. And he got married four times.”

Aiko smiled. “Is that what you’re worried about? You could just as easily say she’ll take after her mother, with one mate forever!”

Mewtwo smiled despite himself. “She is very like you, too,” he admitted.

“I’ve noticed more than a passing resemblance to her uncle, as well,” Aiko teased gently. “And I know for a fact that he’s monogamous! And don’t forget, we’ve broken a few taboos ourselves.” She took Mewtwo’s paw in both her hands and gazed up into his eyes. “I loved you from the moment we met. I’ve been lucky enough to find my soul-mate; I can only wish my daughter the same good luck, with whoever she chooses.”

“But what if she decides on a human mate, and Benjiro comes down with Pershan Syndrome… ”

“What if a tsunami arrives tomorrow morning and wipes us all off Shima?” Aiko countered.
“Or a television satellite drops out of orbit on top of us? Whatever happens, we’ll deal with it when it happens. We’ve managed harder issues before this.”

Mewtwo nodded slowly, his eyes losing some of their worry. “You’re right. I’m overreacting, aren’t I?”

“Maybe just a little bit,” Aiko answered with a slight smile. “Let them be children for now, they’ll grow up soon enough.”

She tugged at his hand. “You know, we haven’t gone for a walk along the beach in the rain for some time.”

Mewtwo allowed himself to be led back down the path. “You want to go after the children?”

“No, I want some you-and-me time. Alone. There’s a little spot not far from here that I’ve always thought looks like the area where the pershans in Wild Kingdom lived … ”

Mewtwo pricked his ears forward; Aiko could sense his amusement. “Except they lived by a river, and we’re next to the sea, they’re in Africa, we’re on Shima, they …”

“Details,” and Aiko waved those considerations aside. “The main thing is, it’s quiet and nobody ever goes down there.” She brushed one hip against him playfully, and could feel she had his complete and enthusiastic attention. “Come on. Walking along the beach in the rain: that always reminds me of our first time together.”

“Mmm, have we got time before the television satellite falls on us?” Mewtwo asked.

“I plan on having too much fun to notice it.” Aiko looked up at him. “Can you shield against rain while we’re making love, though? I’ve never thought to ask before.”

Mewtwo grinned, showing his long cat teeth. “We’ll soon find out, won’t we?”


The End.


Author’s note: Well, that’s the whole story. Did you enjoy it? If you did, please let me know in review, even if only a few words. Or if you have constructive criticism, I’d be happy to hear that as well. Thanks for coming along for the ride through my imagination!
Sign up to rate and review this story