Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Vampires Mate

Chapter 8

by syntheticlove1 4 reviews

She was lonely, about to be forced to marry the one who didnt love her, but wanted her for her title. She saw him, and knew then..he was her mate,

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Horror,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2008-05-18 - Updated: 2008-05-19 - 2430 words

1Exciting
Hey all, its me again!
Here’s chapter 8.
I hope you all like it.
The stories are about to get pretty intense and deep.
So if you don’t like those kinds, don’t read it.
Also thank you all who reviewed.
They always mean a lot to me.
Once again, I own no one in the story who’s famous.
Just these little figment of my imagination characters.




Chapter 8




We all sat at the table eating in silence. I had to take a moment to myself before I could follow Frank back to the house. I couldn’t believe that I had allowed myself to be sucked into Frank’s world. It was a world of intensity and wildness, being able to be out of control. In some ways I liked it, nothing having that control, being in a situation where you didn’t have to think, where you don’t have to say yes or no. In a way it was somewhat of a high. I ate a little off my plate and pushed it aside. I wasn’t very hungry at that point in time. I sighed to myself, running my hands over my face. It had already been a long day and it had just begun.

“ Are you alright?”
“ Yes Marcus, I‘m fine.”
“ I take it you showed Frank the gardens?”
“ Of course, just like you told me.”
“ How did you find them Frank?”

Laura and I looked to him, awaiting his answer. I held my breath as I was afraid to what he was going to say. I actually had it playing out in my mind: Frank telling my Father and Merrick what had happened and him jumping over the table and stabbing him in the jugular with the butter knife. Lovely thoughts to have about you fiancé and your one true love.

“It was…beautiful and intense.”
“ Intense huh?”

I looked at Merrick, wondering what he was playing at or if he was just trying to be…nice.

“ Extremely intense.”
“ And what could be so intense about a garden?”
“ It’s not just about a garden, it’s what’s in the garden.”
“ An INTENSE maze.”

Laura giggle quietly as I groaned. It was too stupid to fight, no one would win what so ever.

“ Father can I ask you something?”
“ Of course.”
“ Have you ever heard of the story about Caleb and Olivia?”
“ Yes, beautiful story, but tragic how it ended. It use to be told to us all the time when we were little.”
“ Do you believe it?”
“ It’s just a story Vesper, a tale they tell all the young little vampires at night to give them good dreams.”
“ True, but you have to believe something in it. We all have mates.”
“ Yes, but not all of us find our mates.”
“ You did.”

He was silent for a moment, thinking about our mother I supposed. He cleared his throat and smiled at me.

“ So about the wedding, when do you want to have it?”
“ I’m not sure, I haven’t given it much thought to be honest with you.”
“ Well you need to, I can feel myself growing weaker everyday. I want to be able to give you away.”
“ I know Marcus, I do too.”
“ Merrick what about you, do you have any thoughts on it?”
“ I’m like you Marcus, the sooner the better.”

Of course he would say that, hell he would say anything to make himself sound good or like he really cared. And of course we all learned earlier in my story that he didn’t. Remember? Good.

“ Frank will you be at the wedding?”
“ I don’t kno-“
“ Of course you will be! We wouldn’t have it any other way right?”

He looked at me and Merrick.

“ Of course father we would love for him to be there.”

How about not? I didn’t want him there to see me marry someone else. It would tear him and me into two. For him to see me get married would kill me. I know for a face that if the roles were switched, It would kill me to see him marry someone else. To see the one person that you love with your entire being and soul with someone else. I looked around the table. Merrick was speaking to Marcus, they were wrapped up in some kind of conversation about the wedding. Laura had snuck out leaving Frank and myself to talk. We looked at each other quietly. I was afraid to open my mouth and speak to him, scared of what I might accidentally say. All of a sudden he licked his lips slowly with the tip of his tongue and winked at me. My eyes almost bugged out of my head, I was in chock. Someone grabbed my hand, startling me. Looking up my eyes caught Merrick’s. I should of known it was him, his hands were could and rough just like him.

“ Where did you go to Vesper?”
“ What? I never left.”
“ You zoned out on us.”
“ Oh, I’m sorry.”
“ Did you hear anything that I just said?”
“ No.”
“ I asked if you would like to have dinner with me tonight. Alone, just the two of us.”

Honestly, no I didn’t. But if I just told him straight forward no, I know the looks and words that I would get from Marcus.

“ Um, honestly Merrick, I would love to but I haven’t been um feeling too well today. I didn’t sleep very well last night.”
“ Are you alright?”

I wanted to laugh so hard my sides would burst. He didn’t sound very concerned, more like his pride was just wounded. Oh well, I didn’t really care at that point in time.

“ Yeah, I’m fine. Probably just a tad bit tired. I might go take a nap if that’s alright.”

I looked at my father who nodded his head. Standing up I grabbed my glass and scooted my chair up.

“ Please allow me to walk you.”
“ No, I’m fi-“
“ Please, I insist.”

Marcus looked up at me, as if saying let him walk you. I nodded my head walking to the door.

“ Well are you coming or not?”

Merrick pushed his seat in, following me to the door linking his arm into mine.

“ Ah, you two are perfect together, really.”

We didn’t respond, just walked up the stairs to my room. I had no idea why he wanted to walk with me. It was a weird thing for him to do, but I said nothing of it of course. Keeping this thoughts inside my head was better then blurting them out loud.

“ Well, this is as far as I let you go.”
“ Let me? Oh no, we still need to talk.”
“ About?”
“ That little stunt you pulled with me earlier in the hall.”

I scoffed and rolled my eyes. What little stunt? He started with me.

“ Mhm. Whatever you say Merrick, whatever you say.”
“ No, not whatever. Why don’t you just listen to me?”

Not wanting to get into an argument I walked into my room, with Merrick following right behind me, hot on my heels. He shut the door and went to my vanity, opened the lid to my cigarette holder and grabbed one lighting it.

“ Because Merrick, you try to own me, tell me what to do like a father would a little child. I’m not, I’m a grown woman.”

He took a drag and sat on my stool.

“ Why do you have to be so difficult?”
“ I’m not Merrick, we just shouldn’t get married. I don’t love you and guess what? You don’t love me.
“ We can learn, learn to love each other. Just give me that chance Vesper.”

Give him a chance? How could I love a man who hits me? How could I ever learn to trust a man who I didn’t truest at all? I had lovers before and boyfriends. But for some reason they all managed to hurt me or break my heart in some way. This was all so new and weird to me. Part of me wanted to trust Merrick, for the sake of my father. The other part wanted to throw gas on him while he smoked that cigarette. If we were going to get married, we were going to have to try and make this marriage work somehow. I signed and sat on my bed facing him. What to do now? What to do?
I couldn’t just think about myself anymore, I had to think of Frank too. Why couldn’t he of showed up sooner, much sooner? If he had, we could have been happy together, married even with kids. I could be happy. Now I’m stuck in a world of tears and pain. If I could be in a fairy tale world I could be with Frank. But the worlds not a fairy tale, its not even close. The good guys don’t always win, and the guy doesn’t always get the girl. God, how much I wanted that. I wanted that more then I wanted air. I needed Frank but yet I couldn’t have him. I know he needed me as well, I could tell that outside and from the very moment I met him.
I watched as Merrick put out his smoke.

“ Merrick you…you hit me.”
“ I know and I’m sorry.”
“ You cheated on me that very same day and accuse me of doing the same.”

He stood, walking over in front of me. Bending down he came to my eye level and grabbed my hands, kissing both of them gently. Almost lovingly. Almost like he really cared.

“ Forgive me for everything I have done to hurt you and everything that I may do. I do it to help you, to teach you.”
“ Teach me what exactly?”
“ How this life is, your role.”
“ And what is my role?”
“ To be my wife, my lover. Learn to listen to me and everything will be better.”
“ Listen to you? Learn me role? You make it seem like you’re the dominate and I’m the submissive.”
“ Well…you are. I’m the man honey. That’s just how it goes.”

If you could have seen my face when he said that. Looking around the room I stood up. How dare him! How fucking dare him! I couldn’t believe that he had even the balls to say such a thing. He wouldn’t have ANY power if it wasn’t for me, my fathers daughter.

“ Get out.”

He looked around the room lost.

“ What?”
“ You heard me. Get the hell out of here. Now.”
“ What did I do?”
“ You’re the man,”

I walked to my door opening it.”

“ you figure it out.”
“ Vesper, don’t be like this.”
“ I can do what I want. This is my room. In my room I wear the pants.”

Merrick walked to the door.

“ I still don’t want you to be alone with that boy.”
“ We are just friends, he’s just a friend. If you don’t understand that then I’m sorry. My friends are my own.”
“ Yeah, if I find it’s anything BUT friendship then I will do what I told you that I would do. Then you could be friends with his dead body.”

With that he left and I shut the door. I followed Merrick’s pervious actions and lit a cigarette. I blew out the smoke and rubbed my hands over my face. There was a sudden knock at the door and I rolled my eyes. Merrick just didn’t want to give up. I walked to the door taking a big drag, preparing myself to blow it in his face. Once I opened it I blew the smoke up in the air, not wanting to blow it in Frank’s face.

“ I didn’t know you smoked.”

He grabbed it and took a drag. I grabbed it out of his hands.

“ I didn’t know you did either.”
“ Well you never asked.”
“ Neither did you.”

We just stood there, looking at each other. I wonder if he had known that Merrick was just here.

“ Is there something you need?”

He leaned against the door way and smiled lighting. His eyes began to roam up and down my body.

“ May I come in?”
“ And if you do what would happen exactly? You ravaging my body on the floor?”

I took another drag and gave him a look that said I knew that’s what could happen. He just chuckled lightly and rubbed the back of his neck.

“ Only if you want me to.”
“ And do I?”
“ Yes, I think you do.”
“ Now, may I come in?”

I moved out of the doorway allowing him room to come in.

“ Can I ask you something Vesper”

I put out the cigarette and offered the only one that I had left to Frank. He took it willingly and gladly, lighting it. I could tell he loved the way the smoke went down his throat and clouded his lungs.

“ Of course Frank, ask away. Not like I can stop you.”

He looked at me and I knew he could tell that something was wrong. I sat back down looking ever where but him.

“ Vesper is…is something wrong? Are you alright?”
“ Of course, it doesn’t matter any ways right? I’m just a woman after all.”
“ No to me it does matter. Merrick talked to you and it upset you, I know it.”

If he knew it, there was no point in me responding. He took one last drag of his cigarette and put it out. He walked to me and sat down on the bed beside me and held my hand. I began to calm down, to forget everything that happened and the shit that Merrick said to me.

“ Can I ask you my question now?”

I looked at him and smiled. I nodded my head and he smiled back, kidding the tip of my nose.

“ Did you know…that…”

He got up and walked to my window, playing with my deep red curtains. I was waiting for him to finish.

“ That what Frank?”

Frank looked at me, the smile his beautiful lips once held was no where to be found.

“ That I can hear all your thoughts loud and clear as if you were speaking them out loud to me?”
Sign up to rate and review this story