Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Oh,

Oh, Brother

by QuitLollygaggin 0 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2008-05-20 - Updated: 2008-05-20 - 716 words

0Unrated
I walked down the school steps and breathed in the long awaited summer air. School was finally out for summer and I planned to spend every minute of it with Frank. But then again, I already spend every minute with Frank. We’ve grown really close since we met. I can still remember that day perfectly; how he picked me of all people to sit with at lunch. We aren’t a couple or anything but we’re pretty much best friends. The closer me and Frank get, the more attracted I get to him; physically and emotionally. I’m way too scared to risk our friendship by asking him to be my boyfriend. I think it’d be really awkward if I asked him and he said no. I enjoyed his company way too much to risk loosing him.

I sat down under a huge tree and waited for Frank. He told me earlier that’d he be a few minutes late. I pulled a comic book out of my book bag (Frank got me the book bag for Christmas) and flipped through it aimlessly. As I skimmed the comic book I contemplated asking Frank out. I don’t think he’s gay, but I know if I don’t ask him I’ll be a wreck. If I don’t get this off my chest I swear it’ll be the end of me. My feelings for Frank are crazy. Every time I see him my body goes into what seems like shock. My palms sweat, my heart races and my stomach does huge cartwheels. These are all cliché signs of lust, right? I pushed Frank from my mind. I didn’t want to get all worked up and him come out here and ask what’s wrong because then I’d have to lie to him.

I closed the comic book and shoved it back into my book bag. I leaned against the tree and closed my eyes for a bit. I felt the summer sun beat down on my face and my cheeks began to burn. I moved to the other side of the tree where the sun couldn’t hit me. I felt a small vibration come from my pocket, my cell phone. I took the cellular device from my pocket and checked the small screen, it was my brother.

“Hello?” I answered.
“Yo! Mikes!” Gerard shouted into the phone. He was excited about something. He’s never this cheerful.
“Yeah.” I said softly into the phone. Whatever he had to say, I’m sure had no interest in. “What’s up?”
“Guess who I just asked out?” He asked excitedly. “That girl from that band!” He answered before I could even process what he asked. Gerard has been crushing on this girl Lindsey who’s in some dumb band. He goes to college with her and goes to all her shows religiously. I knew already they won’t last. Gerard can’t keep a girlfriend to save his life. I’m giving them two weeks tops.
“That’s great Gee.” I mumbled into the phone.
“Mikey, what’s wrong?” He asked calmly, his voice now at normal volume.
“Nothing.” I assured him. I didn’t want him to know I was already making bets on him and Lindsey. What kind of brother do you think I am?
“Alright, see you at home.” He said and hung up. I shoved my phone back in my pocket.

“Mikey,” I heard Frank’s voice. I looked up and saw him standing above me. No sooner my eyes made contact with him, my body went into overload. My heart pounded in my chest and sweat trickled down my neck. He looked gorgeous today, but when didn’t he? He had on a pair of tight black skinnys that were cut off at the knee and a plain white v-neck t-shirt. I stood up and put my book bag on my back.
“How long you’ve been standing there?” I asked.
“Eh, not long.” Frank replied shrugging his shoulders.
“Who’s house?” I asked as we began to walk.
“Mine.” Frank replied knowing how much I hated my own house.

I told myself today would be the day I told Frank how I really felt.
Sign up to rate and review this story