Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Broken Hearts And Broken Smiles

If I'd Have Known You Were Coming I'd Have Baked a...Goats Cheese Sandwich?

by deniiwilliams 6 reviews

Some things are better left unsaid.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2008-05-20 - Updated: 2008-05-20 - 1850 words

2Original
Elizabeth POV

"Dad? Why did you move the..." I stopped dead mid -sentence, tilting my head to the side. "...Brendon?"

How the hell did he get here before I did? How did he know where the key was? The only other people other than me and Dad who knew were Hayley and Cassie. It couldn't have been dad because he was working. Cassie doesn't have a car and couldn't get him here before...Hayley.

I made a mental note to hurt her as I walked in calmly and went past him into the living room. I sat down on the sofa and switched on the television. Brendon came and attempted to sit beside me but I put my feet up so he couldn't.

I knew I was being ridiculous and I knew I was being childish but I couldn't stop. He brought out the worst and the best in me.

Why couldn't he just leave me alone? I didn't want to beg him to go away but I would if I had a choice. I went into the kitchen and poured myself a glass of water.

I turned around to be faced by Brendon right behind me. I jumped a little, sending water cascading down my arm. I poured it back into the sink. I went over to the fridge and picked up a carton of milk, pouring some of its contents into the glass with shaking hands.

He was leaning against the table top, arms folded and watching me making a fool of myself. I'd show him that I have composure. He didn't make me go weak in the knees, he didn't make my heart skip multiple beats, it's not like I was in love with him or anything.

Who the hell am I kidding?

"Do you want something?" I asked, placing my glass on the table top and opening the fridge, looking at what we had. "We have...orange juice, milk, red bull - you like red bull - coke, some bananas, some strawberries...they're lovely this time of year -"

"Elizabeth, stop. Please." He said, exasperatedly, but I continued as if I didn't hear him. He came towards me and put his hand on my arm, trying to stop me but I shook him off and continued. I wasn't going to let him win, not by a long shot. I could do indifferent just as well as he could.

"We have some wine, Father has lovely taste in wine, white and red, there's some French Goats Cheese in here, I could make you a sandwich. Who eats goats cheese? I mean honestly, my dad is bordering insane." Tears were coming to my eyes again but I didn't want to give him the sick satisfaction of seeing me cry.

"Elizabeth, I'm not hungry. Just please listen to me." He tried again, raising his voice slightly, I couldn't stop myself because it was giving me something to think about other than the amazing urge I had to just fall into his arms and cry. I had no choice but to continue on, pestering and concentrating on anything other than my feelings, getting more and more neurotic as time passed. I avoided looking him in the eye and instead decided to stare at the contents of the fridge.

"Oh, you aren't hungry? Peckish maybe? We have some lovely salad things; I could make you a salad. There's some chocolates in here they're to die for. Completely and utterly to die for. I love y...them. Them. I love them. They're simply wonderful, oh Brendon you have to try some thei-"

"Will you just stop it!?" He shouted, slamming the fridge almost catching my fingers. I jumped. Everything went silent. I didn't dare speak and neither did he. I matched his angry gaze with my own. No matter what he did my anger couldn't last long, it wouldn't last long. I broke out into a smile, soft at first but soon beaming.

"What happened to your face?" I asked, unable to hold back a slight giggle.

He looked even angrier at first and then he too started to laugh.

"Cassie happened to my face. She was pissed that I let you go..." He trailed off with laughter still in his voice.

"...with the dress." I finished for him. He paused for a second, smiled slightly and then nodded his head. There was an awkward silence between us where I felt the sudden urge to kiss him. However, I settled for tracing the scratch on his face with my finger. He closed his eyes and I closed mine, unconsciously resting my hand on his cheek and inching closer. I backed away again when I realised what I was doing.

I basked in the feeling of his skin under my hand and bit my lip softly, trying to stop myself from saying something stupid. He knew I loved him now so the ball was in his court. I'd made my move and now it was time for him to make his.

"I was a bit angry too." I heard him say quietly, resting his hands on either side of my waist.

"About the dress?" I asked, opening my eyes and raising a confused eyebrow. My arms found their way around his shoulders without me realising. Why would he give a damn about a dress?

"No. Just about letting you go. I was a crazy to do it once but twice? I must be insane." We were suddenly interrupted by the sound of the door slamming, I jumped away from him and busied myself with cleaning up the milk I had spilt on the table top. Brendon ran a hand through his hair clearly frustrated that we had been interrupted. Just like that the moment was lost.

"Hey sweet pea. Brendon? Fancy seeing you here." My dad said, coming into the kitchen with a smile on his face and without a care in the world.

"Why are you home so early?" I asked irritably. I sounded like a brat but I didn't
care. I had been convinced that Brendon was about to say that he loved me too. Maybe he wasn’t but now I'd never know. Thank you Daddy Dearest

"Just popped back for some lunch, if that's okay with you." He said jokily, punching me on the shoulder and leaving his arm there. I shrugged him off.

"Fine" I said.

"What brings you here Brendon?" My dad asked suddenly, drinking the milk that I had poured and wiping his mouth with his hand. Oh how I longed to stitch that mouth closed.

"I just came to tell Elizabeth - " I cut him off, not wanting to know anymore. Not caring purely out of anger.

"To give the dress back to him to give to Cassie. I'm gonna go get changed now." And with that I ran up the stairs leaving everyone behind.

Once I got into my room I slammed the door and rested my back against it. Dad had obviously unpacked my stuff and put them in their rightful place. This bedroom looked exactly the same as it did all those years ago. All those years ago when everything was so painfully simple.

I looked out of my window and into what used to be Brendon's old room. I remembered climbing through that window. I remembered seeing him with Sarah Wallaby in that very room looking very comfortable.

I remember that moment as if I'm living it. So clear and so distinct, just like I was watching a movie that I didn't particularly didn't want to see, but he didn't close the curtain and I did love him after all. It was like a car crash. It was so damn awful but curiosity wouldn't let me look away. I wanted to see what the person I loved would get up to when I wasn't there.

I saw her perfectly manicured hands, much like mine are now, playing with the hem of his top. I saw her lips colliding forcefully with his, sending them tumbling onto his bed. I saw her hands pulling his top up and over his head, tossing it carelessly to the floor.

She stood hands teasingly pushing the straps of her summer dress down her shoulders. I watched it fall to the floor. I felt as if I shouldn't have been watching, I shouldn't have been witnessing this but my eyes were stuck to the scene before me.

Underneath the dress she wasn't wearing any underwear. I was stunned, compared to me she looked like a goddess, I was no match for her amazing beauty, with my fat arms and large child bearing hips.

She fell to her knees and crawled towards him, looking up at him through cool blue eyes. She bit her lips seductively and slid her hands down his chest before settling them on his belt.

By now my entire self was frozen, yet my eyes melted salty tears.

She slid his belt from the jeans he was wearing, that belt that I had bought him just because it reminded me of him (pink leopard print...random just like him) lay carelessly discarded. She unbuttoned his jeans and unzipped them. Once they had joined the ever growing pile of his clothes on the floor she tugged on the waist band of his boxers with her teeth.

He bit his lip and pressed his eyes closed as she slowly pulled at his boxers with her teeth some way down and then let her hands take over.

I shouldn't have been seeing this level of nudity when my best friend was involved but I couldn't help myself. I had to find out what was going on, what was going to happen next.

She looked up at him one more time and from then on everything for me seemed to go in slow motion.

His hands tangled in her hair.

Her eyes locked with his.

He threw his head back in anticipation.

Her mouth was slowly and erotically wrapping itself around his penis.

I felt physically sick as I watched my world come crashing down around me.

That was all I could think about as I looked out of that very window more than five years later.

I lost all feeling in my legs. My eyes were watering; I was crying and shaking to the point where I felt like I couldn't breathe. I felt like I was reliving that moment all over again.

I tucked my legs under myself and wrapped my arms around my legs and swayed from side to side, trying in vain to close the floodgates.

A/N: And that, my dear readers is it for that chapter, sorry for its length (or lack of) I promise once my exams are done (4th June is my last one - History!) full attention will be on this story!

Read? Review and Rate!! I know it's cheeky to ask but...I never claimed to not be cheeky! =] Oh and I promise there will be some more Brendon POV soon...and maybe even some other minor characters
Sign up to rate and review this story