Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > My Baby's Daddy

“We’re gonna have a baby!”

by OhSoIntricateLie 3 reviews

“It’s not mine,” he said. I quit the dance I had begun, "Excuse me?"

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2008-05-20 - Updated: 2008-05-20 - 663 words - Complete

0Unrated
August 14, 2006

“Dani, when was your last menstrual cycle?”

“Um, I didn’t have one last month, because I was both sick and stressed out from many things. I’m pretty sure I had one in June.”

Dr. Martin nodded her head.

“Dear, have you noticed any tenderness in your breasts? Anything other than the vomiting you mentioned?”

I nodded her head, “Yeah I’ve been feeling super tired lately. I’ve had a headache for the past week, on and off. I’ve vomited three times today and I’ve been feeling really moody lately.”

Dr. Martin smiled, “Well dear you’ll be glad to know your not sick with some super virus. But you are expecting a little one.”

My jaw dropped.

“I’m pregnant?”

Dr. Martin nodded and handed me a phone number for an obstetrician.

As I walked out of the doctor’s office I felt like I was in a daze. Getting in my battered Civic I drove to the obstetrician that Dr. Martin suggested.

! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

“Hello Dani,” a young woman of about 26 with long brown hair and a friendly smile said as she entered the room where I sat, “I’m Dr. Gates. Dr. Martin phoned me and told me the news. From what she told me your expecting a baby. Congratulations. Can you tell me when your last menstrual cycle was?”

I shook my head, “No but I can tell you when the last time I had sex was. June 14.”

Dr. Gates laughed, “Well then Dani, I guess that makes you about three months pregnant. But let’s check to make sure.”

I nodded as Dr. Gates set up the ultrasound machine and rubbed the jelly on my stomach. We both watched the screen and after several minutes she found what she was looking for.

“See that little dot?”
I nodded, “Yeah.”

“That’s your little dot.”

“Aw, I have a little dot,” I said causing Dr. Gates to laugh. At the end of my session she printed off a copy of “my dot” and gave me some prescriptions for prenatal vitamins.

“I’ll see you back in my office in three weeks then DanI, just to check up on you. If you have any questions or problems, feel free to call.”

“Thank you. I will.”

I took the phone number in her hand and left.

! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

It was two in the afternoon when I got home. As soon as I parked my Civic, I got out and crossed the street and walked down to Brent’s parent’s house hoping to tell him the news. Little did I know earlier that day, Spencer had called him and told him he was no longer in the band.

I rang the doorbell. Several minutes later Brent came outside and I threw my arms around him and gave him a long kiss, one that he was hesitant to return.

“Guess what,” I asked?

“What” he replied in a bored tone.

I tried to keep from giggling I was so happy, “We’re gonna have a baby!”

Brent’s jaw dropped, “When did you find out?”

“This morning, Oh I’m so excited aren’t you.”

“It’s not mine,” he said.

I quit the dance I had begun, “Excuse me?”

“You’ve went and slept with another guy, haven’t you? You little whore.”

My eyes widened, “What?”

“I said it’s not mine. We used an effing condom. It’s not mine. You disgust me.”

And with that he went inside and slammed the door. Right at that moment I felt a wave of vomit coming on and ran back home. Once inside my dad’s house I ran to the bathroom and began my long worship of the white porcelain god. Between the tears and the vomit, by the time my brother and best friends came home an hour later I was wore out. My day had started out wonderful but now it was being flushed down the toilet.
Sign up to rate and review this story