Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Vampires Mate

Chapter 9

by syntheticlove1 3 reviews

She was lonely, about to be forced to marry the one who didn't love her, but wanted her for her title. She saw him, and knew then..he was her mate.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2008-05-23 - Updated: 2008-05-24 - 1917 words

1Funny
Hey you guys.
Just wanted to let you know that I have already found my beta readers.
Yes, two readers.
Only two because if one makes a mistake the other will catch it.
Not that I don't trust them...I just really couldn't choose.
I'm not going to tell you who the two are unless they want me to.
But guys be ready alright?
The next chapter is going to be EXTREMELY DARK AND TWISTED.
I've already got about three more chapters written already.
I just really want to thank all the people who have been reading.
Anyways....on to the story.
:D

_________________________________________________


Chapter 9



It had been a week since Frank had laid that big bombshell on me. I tried to keep my head clear of thoughts that involved Frank or Merrick. I also tried to keep away from him as much as I could. He would come to my door, knock, and then wait for me to open it. I never did. I would lean against the door with my ear pressed against it, listening to Frank breath. He did this every night at midnight. No sooner, no later. This went on for the entire week. I had Laura ask him to stop, but he didn’t. It was like Frank was tempting me. Open the door; see what could happen if only you let it. Well, from personal experience let me tell you temptation was one ugly bitch.
The week also went by pretty fast. Father kept me and Merrick busy by getting the wedding ball rolling. It was set up for sometime in December. It was darker longer in the winter. Marcus was right, he was getting weaker each day and it really was very noticeable.
He fell the other day and fainted. I felt my heart sink. When he’s gone, what would it be like? Would it be the same; or would I as well as everyone be completely different? Just thinking of it made me want to break down and cry. He was the only father that I ever knew of, the only father that I loved.
I didn’t get much sleep anymore it seemed. I was either too worried about Marcus, trying to dodge Frank, or discussing wedding plans with Merrick. Ah, Merrick. He has actually been behaving himself which is a shock to me.
Although I see can’t try and convince him to stop this wedding. It’s too much power to just through away. Merrick, well Merrick was just very power hungry. I was walking to my fathers study when I heard someone call my name. It was Laura. Beside her was a man. He was tall, with pale skin, long black hair, and hazel eyes.

“Vesper, I want to introduce you to someone very important to me.”

I smiled and touched her neck.

“Your mate, I hope. My god! Laura your neck is covered in love bites. You look as if someone has taken a bat to your neck.”

She blushed and he chuckled.

“Vesper! Stop! You’re embarrassing me.”
“I’m sorry.”
“I want you to meet Gerard Way.”

He took my hand, bowed over it and kissed it gently.

“Your Majesty, it’s an honor.”
“Like wise. It’s a pleasure to meet you Mr. Way.”
“Oh please, call me-“
“Gerard?! What the hell are you doing here?”

We turned to see Frank coming down the hall towards us. They knew each other? How come they didn’t say anything about them knowing each other to us? It was kind of weird. They met half way and did the man hug-back-pat thing.

“Man, it’s been awhile.”
“Yeah. How have you been?”
“Good, good. Just trying to keep up with Miss Thing here.”

I looked at Frank.

“Excuse me? Miss Thing? I’m sure you’re not talking to me.”

Frank smiled at me.

“Of course you. Who else?”

I gave Frank a look and he laughed, walked over to me and kissed me on the cheek. I pushed him away and groaned.

“You’re a pig.”
“You like it.”

I rolled my eyes and pushed him away from me.

“Oh yes, I do.”
“Come on, I was just kidding. Laugh about it.”
“I am. On the inside, deep down.”

Laura and Gerard kind of looked at each other. Frank and I were just looking at one another, like a mini staring contest.

“May I speak to you alone, Your Majesty?”

I wondered what Gerard would want to talk to me about alone. I nodded towards the study. I heard Frank sign and walk off with Laura. We made it to the room and he shut the door behind us.

“I’m sorry to speak to you alone; but this is important, Your Majesty.”
“Please call me Vesper and its okay. What is it?”

I sat down in one of the chairs. He walked around the room looking at all the books the shelves held.

“What a beautiful book collection your father has.”

I smiled, that was one of the things my father valued the most in his house. He walked to one of the other empty seats and sat down.

“So, what is it?”
“He tends to get whatever he wants.”

I looked at him confused. What was he talking about?

“I’m sorry?”
“Frank…he told me everything. About you, him and Merrick.”
“Ah.”
“He won’t give up. Just so you know. He’s not use to not getting his way.”
“What do you mean?”
“I mean Frank is a ladies’ man.”
“I had that much in mind already.”
“Yeah, but what he’s doing with you is real. He’s not playing games with you. When he has his eyes set on something, he gets it.”

I didn’t know what to say. I could tell from spending the time with him that I had, that he was right.

“I know it’s real, that is not a game. But there’s nothing that I can do. I mean, you know the situation. Everything that has happened with me and him, with Frank…was a mistake.”

I walked to the door and grabbed the knob, prepared to run out. It was a lie, not a mistake. Why would I even say that?! I didn’t mean it what so ever.

“It’s not true.” I said.
“What’s not?”

I turned and faced him.

“It hasn’t been a mistake. I just can’t be with him without getting him into trouble.”

He laughed.

“You make him sound like a little kid. He’s a grown man.”
“I have no choice over this. I do what I have to do to keep him alive.”

He stood up and walked to the door to stand beside me. I moved a little, letting him open the door.

“Just know this, he’s stubborn and won’t give up.”

I nodded and allowed him to leave. I knew what he said what the truth. Frank seemed like the kind that got around among the ladies. That didn’t come as a shock to me actually. Everything else Gerard said was. I knew I was going to have to tell him to back off, that we could be nothing but friends. I couldn’t think about that too much now.
I had a date to get ready for. Merrick kept asking me to dinner so I finally said yes. Honestly there’s only so much nagging that I can handle. Once you get me to that point, I’m done. We weren’t going out; we were having a nice ‘romantic’ dinner.
Laura came bouncing up to me and put her arm around my shoulders.

“So, what did you and Gerard talk about?”

I laughed and shook my head. I knew what she was getting at.

“No, we weren’t talking about you Laura.”

She frowned a little.

“What? Why not?”
“Because we just weren’t.”

We walked into my room together. She made a face then looked at me.

“It stinks in here.”
“Wow, thanks for the kind words.”
“No, not like that. Like…like… smoke. Cigarette smoke. Vesper!”

I rolled my eyes and faced her. She hated the fact that I smoked. But honestly, did it matter? I mean, really did it matter? I wasn’t ever going to die. It’s not like I was going to get cancer from it or anything.

“Laura, I’m a big girl you know. I tend to do what I want. If I want to smoke, guess what? I’m going to smoke.”
“No need to be bitchy.”
“I’m not, just making a statement. Okay, I’ll make a deal with you. The moment I get cancer or get sick, I’ll stop. Until then I’m going to puff away.”
“Yeah, yeah, yeah. What are you wearing tonight?”
“Not too sure. But if it’s anything Merrick wants then I’m going to be in my undergarments.”
“You’re nasty.”
“I know.”

I went to my closet and looked around. I didn’t honestly have that many bright clothes, all dark. Pale skin looks weird in yellow or orange. So I went with a black dress. Nothing too formal, but nothing sluttish either. I didn’t want to give him any ideas that I wanted him. I showered and started to get ready.
Laura lent me a pair of her shoes to wear before she wished me good luck and left. Well, if that’s what you wanted to call them. I called them hooker boots. You know the kind that laved in the front and came to your knees. Oh and the 5 inch heel on them. I didn’t think I was going to be able to walk in them at all. But I didn’t want to hurt her feelings; so I put them on and practiced walking around my room. I could already see this was going to be bad.
I smoked a quick cigarette, grabbed one for later after dinner and began my careful walk outside. It seemed like every time I was in the hallway Frank found me. He was chewing on an apple but stopped mid chew and dropped, yes dropped the apple.
His jaw following the same actions, dropping in astonishment. I couldn’t help but laugh. His face looked like a little kid in a candy shop who had a lot of money to spend.

“Yes?”
“Well, can I just say…you need to be illegal!”
“Wow, what a nice comment. What every girl wants to hear.”

He picked up his apple and tossed it in the air.

“Sorry, but you do look beautiful.”

I walked past him and towards the stairs.

“There’s nothing special about what I’m wearing.”
“Doesn’t have to be special. I’m sure you could be in rags and still be beautiful my Queen.”

I turned to tell him thank you but he was nowhere to be seen. I smiled, walking off to my dinner date with Merrick. I was going to need all the happy thoughts I could muster up. Come to think of it, he’s been acting weird this past week. He was being…well…nice. He’s never nice. I would have to stay on my guard around him that night. He was up to something and I could feel it in my bones that whatever it was, it was no good.
Sign up to rate and review this story