Categories > Celebrities > The Used

BertxGerard :One Shot:

by KillCaustic 4 reviews

Bert's Point Of View. Song-Missing by everything But The Girl. I used this as a contest entryin dA.

Category: The Used - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2008-05-23 - Updated: 2008-05-24 - 490 words - Complete

1Moving
I step off the train, I'm walking down your street again

It’s been a long time since I seen Gerard. Well, I always see him, but not personally. I haven’t talked to him in a long time since our fight.

But now I need to talk to him, to apologize. I took a special trip to New York just to be his friend again.

And past your door, but you don't live there anymore.

I stand outside his apartment, then I realized he moved already, to a much bigger house, a house of his own. With his.. wife.

It's years since you've been there. Now you've disappeared somewhere like outer space you've found some better place

I can’t be with him anymore, and its just because of a stupid fight. I loved him, no, I love him. Still. But I can’t take him away from his wife, he loves her, and she loves him back.

and I miss you like the deserts miss the rain.

He used to be the only person that could comfort me. And without him, I’m nothing. I lost everything.


Could you be dead? You always were two steps ahead of everyone. We'd walk behind while you would run.

Sometimes I wonder if he’s gone, but I laugh at that thought. I see him in magazines, interviews, everywhere. How could he be dead? But one thing I know is that he might have been an outcast, but he sure as hell left everyone that left him. He strives hard, and he’s earned everything.


I look up at your house, and I can almost hear you shout down to me where I always used to be.

I stare up at his old apartment, thinking of all the memories we spent there. Tears fall down my face, I could recall everything. But I know it wouldn’t ever happen again.


and I miss you like the deserts miss the rain.


I just cry as I slowly move away from his old place. bringing with me all the memories that he left behind.

Back on the train, I ask why did I come again.

I knew that you didn’t live there anymore. I knew that since you started touring around the world. Since your band got famous.

Can I confess, I've been hanging around your old address?

But then I still keep coming back here, hoping you’d be standing by the doorstep waiting for me.

And the years have proven to offer nothing since you moved.

It’s been years that I keep on visiting this empty place, but you never came back. You learned to let go, to forget.

You're long gone but I can't move on and I miss you like the deserts miss the rain

I know you can’t hear me, and you never will. But I love you, I need you and I miss you.
Sign up to rate and review this story