Categories > Original > Romance > Crush

Coffee

by 1337intellect 0 reviews

Category: Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2008-05-24 - Updated: 2008-05-25 - 479 words

0Unrated
The coffee shop was small, quiet. The low lighting and rosewood paneling complimented each other. The floor had wooden tiling, with a floral pattern of leafed rose gold. The girl behind the counter was rather quiet, she eyed me as if she was expecting me to initiate conversation.

"You waiting on somebody?" she asked me.

"Yeah, but he's not going to be here for awhile..." I replied, looking to the side, partially out of embarrassment and partially out of discomfort.

"'He?' You want me to put on some more romantic tunes?" she inquired, smiling broadly.

"Could you?" I requested, failing utterly to hide my excitement.

"Let me guess: first date?" she said, teasingly.

"That obvious?" I said, trying to stifle a giggle.

"No, more. I'm Jenna, what's your name?"

"I'm Chula."

Jenna was rather short, coming up to my neck. She had a pretty face. Her brown fur was rather short, like most dogs. Her left ear flopped over part of her amber eye.

"Is he a white tiger?" Jenna asked.

"Yeah, why?"

"Here he comes. Have fun," she said with a wink.

I looked at the clock, and then turned around to see Kingston walking through the door. I giggled, saying: "You're early."

"So are you," he said. He giggled then. I found that very cute, so I nuzzled him.

"You giggled."

"I giggled," he laughed.

"You two want anything to drink?" Jenna's voice reminded me that she was still there.

"Oh, sorry," I said. "Sure."

"How about a vanilla mocha for me and... What do you want?" Kingston replied.

"Umm... a peppermint latte?" I felt bad. I could tell he was going to pay.

"Okay. A peppermint latte for Chula."

"Alright, that'll be five dollars. I'll be right back, I've got to take care of something." Jenna winked at me, going through a door that had "EMPLOYEES ONLY" written across it.

A moment later, some music came on, and she walked back though the door. "Alright, so it's a peppermint latte and a vanilla mocha?" she asked rhetorically.

She put a pair of coffee cups on the counter, and began preparing our drinks, as Kingston placed a crisp five dollar bill on the counter.

Kingston smiled, looking at me with intrigue. I kissed him on the cheek. I wanted it to be more passionate, but it was only our first date and I didn't want him to think I wanted to move things along too quickly.

"You like music?" I asked.

"Listening or playing?"

"Either."

"I enjoy singing and listening," He responded, blushing a bit.

"What kind of music?"

"A lot of music, yourself?"

"I like a lot of music, too." I said. Then I nuzzled him again. I wondered if I was doing that too much, but he seemed to like it.

"Here you are," said Jenna. "You two enjoy, 'kay?"

"We will!" He said.

Sign up to rate and review this story