Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Assisted Revenge

Ch. 3: Showtime...

by fobXmcrXpatdX 0 reviews

Assisted Revenge has their show that will decide whether they get signed or not.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2008-05-26 - Updated: 2008-05-26 - 1336 words - Complete

0Unrated
So, the past two days had been realllllyyyyy busy. We spent every waking moment practicing and editing songs. We only stopped if our fingers were sore or if we got scared that Brandon or I would loose our voices. By the time Friday came I actually had a blister on my finger. I never ever had gotten a blister before. And if I had gotten one, I couldn't imagine how many the guys had. But we had pulled it together and were convinced that we would do good, if not great.
After what had happened Tuesday night, I would've expected things with me and Brandon to be weird. Suprisingly, things were pretty good, if not the same. We were still hanging out and such. But during those two days I would've paid sooo much money to be in the high school with the guys and not in the middle school. There were two reasons for this: 1.) We could've practiced more. 2.) I wondered how Brandon was doing or what he was doing.
But soon enough, Friday was here. Too soon in fact. I kept feeling like I was forgetting something or that I still had to edit something.
That night, Britt took me hostage and worked on giving me a rockstar look. I escaped her clutches and told her what I wore wasn't a big deal. I put on black skinny jeans with holes and a red tshirt with a broken black heart on it. I put on a little more eyeliner and mascara than I usually did and grabbed my guitar and three guitar picks that I called 'my lucky guitar picks.' They're lucky because of a dream I had that I was at a Fall Out Boy Concert and Pete gave me his guitar pick. Then I woke up and realized that most bassists don't use picks. I know that's a little weird, but whatever. Whee.
Britt and I walked downstairs and met the guys in the lobby of the orphanage. Shane had gotten his driver's liscense two months ago, while Brandon continously failed his test (I think on purpose) so we got into a truck with our equipment and left for the club.
At first I didn't know what to expect. I didn't think too many people would be there. Then I saw the crowd. Holy crap.
"I think Pete was right about us posting too much on FallOutBoyRock." Brandon said, he was just as surprised as I was. Why hadn't we thought of this? There we were bragging about our band and we never thought that people might actually come out and see us. Boy, are we smart.
"Maybe," I replied, slightly speachless. Then I remembered something else that took more words from me: Brandon was supposed to ask me out tonight.
So, we got the stage ready. We were opening with GINASFS by Fall Out Boy and I couldn't wait. It was one of my favorite songs and we had tweaked it out a little to make it our own. I didn't have to play guitar on this either, so I could dance and get the crowd pumped.
As we were getting ready, I scanned the crowd for Pete. When I spotted him I fought the urge to squeal: he had brought Patrick with him!
"Hey, Patrick's here." Keith stated plainly, as though it was normal.
"I know!" I said with a little cheer. With that, we got in our places.
"Hellloooo Chicago." Brandon said into the mike, "We're a little band called Assisted Revenge. And by the time we're done tonight, you won't forget us."
"We're gonna start off with a little tweaked out version of a song you may know." I continued. Of course they would know this song if they heard about us from FOBR, "GINASFS."
The crowd erupted as we started into the intro.
"I loved everything about you that hurt so let me your moves let me see your moves. Lips pressed close to mine, true blueeee." I couldn't help but smile wide at the harmony me and Brandon had made as we sang 'true blue.'
The show went on without a hitch. We played Take Control, one of our own songs, perfectly. I didn't screw up on Welcome to the Black Parade like I usually did, and Shane didn't mess up the guitar to I'm So Sick, like I know I would've.
It was amazing. I'll leave it at that.
We even did an encore of Kept Alive, another original, which we somehow fit double the energy into. Amazing. It was an awesome feeling, having the crowd cheering and dancing for your music. It's a feeling that, I know will never be beat.
Pete and Patrick came over to us backstage after the show. Patrick shook his head.
"I don't know how to tell you guys this but..." he said, "Pete was right. You guys are amazing." Amazing, that seemed to be the word of the day.
"Thanks." I replied grinning. I couldn't help it. This was just unreal.
"So I told you guys if you did good I'd sign you guys..." Pete started, "Well you guys definitely surpassed good. Assisted Revenge, welcome to Decaydance."
We started cheering and jumping up and down.
"And if you guys don't mind," Patrick said after we were done, "I'd like to produce your album."
This brought on more cheers.
"Could this day get any better?" I cried.
"I hope so." Brandon grinned, catching me off guard, "Do you want to go out with me?"
I was stunned. I couldn't speak. I hadn't expected him to ask me then, in front of Pete and Patrick. I just hugged him. I hugged him as though I'd never let go. And mabye I wouldn't.
"I'll take that as a 'yes.'" Brandon laughed.
"You should." I said regaining the ability to speak.
"FINALLY!!!!" Keith and Britt yelled. Shane, ever quiet, just stood there smiling.
"WE THOUGHT YOU'D NEVER GET TOGETHER!!!" the two crazies continued. I wondered what Pete and Patrick were thinking, and if this was getting awkward for them. I looked over at them. Apparently not. They were standing there smiling and laughing at Britt and Keith's entusiasm.
"We'll call you guys tomorrow." Patrick laughed, as Britt and Keith started chanting "Alicia and Brandon sitting in a tree k-i-s-s-i-n-g."
"See ya." I said. Then I playfully hit Britt. "You guys are screwed up."
"Mabye." Keith said.
"I bet 3 weeks until they screw each other up." Britt laughed.
"Pshhh I bet 2 weeks. $20." Keith countered.
"You're so on." Britt challenged.
"I don't know. I think they'll go awhile before screwing each other. I mean, Alicia's only 14. I think they'll wait until she's 15 at least. But since you guys are betting low, two months. And if it's longer than 3 weeks, I'll get the money." Shane said, actually thinking it through.
"Ok, here's what we'll do," Keith said rubbing his hands together, "We each put in $20. Then whoever is closest, gets the $60."
"You guys are so considerate." Brandon said, rolling his eyes. Then I realized I was still hugging him. Whoops. As soon as I came out of the hug he went to hold my hand.
"Yeah, seriously." I laughed, "We've been together for 10 minutes and you're already betting on when we're going to screw each other."
"It's what friends are for." Britt said. I stuck my tongue out at her. We then went back to the orphanage.
"Freaking awesome day." Brandon said once we were back.
"Definitely." I agreed. It just might have been my best day ever.



------------------------------------------------
Oh my god. I am so glad that's over with. I had no clue how the heck I was going to have Brandon ask Alicia out and how she'd respond. I think after I get past Patrick producing the album it'll get easier. The producing thing is going to be really hard because I've never met a record producer and I don't know about the process of making a record.
Rate and Review!!!
Sign up to rate and review this story