Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Why Can't Life Be Simple?

Chapter 8 - What Am I Missing?

by Medusa 0 reviews

Amelia + Frank = disaster

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-05-26 - Updated: 2008-05-26 - 1706 words

0Unrated
Gerard’s POV

Standing outside Amelia’s apartment I light a cigarette and took a long drag before exhaling loudly. Looking up and down the street I was waiting for Frank and Bob to re-appear. Amelia was upstairs resting after crying for thirty minutes and Mikey and Anna were looking after her while Ray moved the boxes around and into the correct rooms.

Spotting Frank and Bob coming down the sidewalk I dropped my cigarette and stamped it out with my foot. Franks face dropped from the smile when he spotted me waiting for them.

“Hey” He smiled softly as Bob nodded at me


“Hey” I replied, standing extremely still controlling myself from punching him


“How’s Amelia?” Frank asked looking down at his scuffed shoes

“She just finished sobbing her eyes out” I frowned looking at him hard

“I know you want to punch me Gerard; I think you should do it”

“I don’t want to punch you, Frank” I frowned “I just can’t believe you talked to her like you did”

“You encourage me, Gerard. I had all this emotion built up inside of me, I was so ready to tell her how I felt and she was pretending there wasn’t a baby between us”

“She didn’t know how you’d react” I told him making him look up at me

“We’re best friends; I would have supported her”

“I did try to get her to talk to you”

“I know you would have Gee, it’s just that it hurts a lot right now”

“I can understand that” I smiled, placing my hand on his shoulder

“I think that I should just go back to Opals, I don’t really want to upset her anymore than I have” Frank sighed

“Maybe come back tomorrow”

“Yeah” He smiled, running his hands threw his hair and kicking his feet slightly

“I’ll drive you back” Bob chipped in looking between us

“Thanks Bob” Frank said turning towards him

“No problem” He smiled, fishing the car keys out of his pocket and motioning to Frank to get into the van that was parked right in front of Amelia building

“See you later, Gee” Frank sighed, climbing into the passenger seat

“See you later guys” I waved them off


Amelia’s POV

I lay across Mikey’s legs after the tears subsided, letting him stroke my hair and stared off into space. Seeing Frank again hadn’t gone as well as I’d hoped, he wasn’t as please to see me as I was him and his reaction told me everything I needed to know about wither or not I should have told him from the start or not.

Of all the time I’ve know Frank I’ve never seen that look of hate in his eyes before, not even the time when he caught his girlfriend cheating on him. Sighing I rolled over in Mikey lap and looked up at him.

“Hey” He smiled faintly “You were zoned out for a while there”

“Yeah, just thinking” I shrugged staring at him

“He’ll forgive you, Am”

“I’m having doubts about that” I sighed

“Amelia” Anna said from beside me “I brought you a drink” She smiled as I looked at her and sat up from my position

“Thanks Anna” I took the cup from her hand and blew the steam off the hot cup of tea

“Its camomile, I got Gerard to get it from the store across the road” She told me sitting down on the coffee table “It should calm your nervous a bit”

“That’s really nice of you Anna” I smiled warmly “Thank my brother as well” I added

“Are you coming back to Opals or are you staying here?” She asked as I rested the cup on my bump

“I think I’m going to stay here tonight” I sighed looking down into the hot liquid

“That’s okay, I’ll stay with you” Anna remarked “We can have a girly night in” She offered “If your feeling up to it” She countered

“On that note, I’ll leave you to it” Mikey laughed and got up from his seat “Feel better, Am’s” He smiled down at me than leaned down to cuddle me close

“Thanks, Mikes” I said into his neck

“What are big brothers for” He smiled into my neck and letting me go “Night girls”

“Night Mikey” We called after him

“So about that girl night in” I turned to Anna as she stared at me “Can we have ice cream?”
“Gerard got us some at the store while he was getting your tea”

“What’s been up with him today, I’ve hardly seen him?” I asked shifting over on the couch to make space for Anna

“He’s probably really pissed at Frank and wanted to get some space” Anna shrugged kicking her legs onto the table “What ice cream do you want? We have cookie dough or double choc”

“Awww…Gerard remembered my favourite” I mumbled as she got up to get the tubs from the kitchen

Franks POV

Lying on top of the covers in Amelia room at Opals staring up at the ceiling and wondering why the hell I couldn’t get rid of the dull ache in my chest and why Amelia’s hurt face kept running threw my mind. Sighing I rolled over onto my side and stared at the door. I had heard Gerard, Mikey and Ray come back but I didn’t hear any other feminine voices except Opal talking to the other guys probably offering them drinks or food and in return getting told tour stories from all the laughter that was travelling upstairs.

Some one coming up the stairs made me close my eyes and hope that they would keep going past my room. A knocking on my door seconds later made all hope of being left alone a different story for whoever was on the other side of the door. Scrunching my eyes closed hoping whoever it was would go away when I didn’t answer.

The door opened and flooded me with light; it then closed as the person moved into the room.

“You really upset my sister today Frank” The voice that I recognised as Mikey’s “She was crying for half an hour into my shoulder. She’s staying at her apartment instead of coming back here to stop from being upset again”

“She never wanted you to find out the way you did” He whispered into the darkness, I could sense him running his hand through his hair “She’s always loved you, Frank, I just hope you can forgive her” He sighed loudly before opening the door again

“I just hope you can forgive her” He repeated shutting the door

Opening my eyes I heard him stomp down the hall and into his own room. Breathing out slowly and turned over again staring at the ceiling and wondering why he’d even said anything to me in the first place. It kills me to know that I have upset Amelia, got it kills me know she’s found someone else and is having a kid with him, I wonder who he is; does she work with him? Are they moving into that huge apartment together? Are they going to get married?

I love her and she obviously doesn’t love me anymore, maybe she did back in the day but not anymore. She loves who ever she’s having this baby with. Pulling the cover up over my exhausted body, I looked again at the bedside table as my eyes fell apon a picture of Amelia and I, smiling faintly I pressed my fingers to my lips and placed it gently onto the picture form of Amelia.

Placing my hand back under the pillow my head was rested on I fell into a restless sleep.

Gerard’s POV

I sat at the kitchen table with a coffee mug in one hand and a pen in the other, I’d been having trouble sleeping ever since we went back on tour and Amelia pregnancy had been playing in my mind. Being her big brother and not seeing her happy was hard on me especially when she didn’t want to make herself happy by just admitting to herself that she was in love with Frank.
Dropping the pen, I ran my hands through my hair long hair and cursed myself for being awake at this ungodly hour.

Sipping the nearly cold drink I sighed loudly and propped my head up with my hand and looked down at what I’d drawn and pushed it away from me.

“You should get some sleep” Mikey mumbled from behind me as he leaned against the door frame

“Yeah and so should you” I mumbled back looking round at him

“Are you writing?” He asked sitting down at the table with me

“Nah, just drawing a bit” I motioned to the paper, I had sketched a small picture of Frank and Amelia together on it

“I never thought I’d see the day that Frank and Am would fight” Mikey sighed, getting up from the table to get a cup of coffee

“I never thought he’d react the way he did” I shrugged

“I don’t think I’m angry at him though. I thought there’d be some sort of rage because he’s hurt our sister but there’s nothing”

“I’m more sad than angry really, I told her this would happen”

“I don’t think it’s the time for told you so”

“I know” I scoffed getting up from the table as he sat down to drop my cup into the sink and turning back to face him “I cannot believe he didn’t understand, I mean he’s waited months to tell her he loves her, now she’s pregnant with his child and he didn’t even give her time to explain”

“I just hope he forgives her” Mikey sighed frustratedly, sipping from his cup

“I hope so too” I murmured walking over to the fridge and looking inside

Sign up to rate and review this story