Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Light and Dark

Chapter 6

by disturbedangel6 0 reviews

Is Mel going to be ok?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-05-29 - Updated: 2008-05-30 - 1283 words - Complete

0Unrated
I leaned against the school fence just outside. I looked like I was waiting for a classmate but I wasn’t, I was trying to gain courage to walk into school and act normal; act like nothing ever happened. What happened on Saturday night kept haunting me every minute of the day. Sure I was saved by Gerard but those moments were so distressing. I breathed in the fresh morning air and stepped inside the school grounds. I smiled at everyone who greeted me but never did my mouth moved in case I might start to sob.

Thankfully the school bell rang just a few minutes after I entered the school and I hurried to my first class which was Ancient History. I really didn’t like the fact that it was my first class. I wasn’t ready to behave like an emotionless student. I was afraid that I might break down in class when I see Gerard because he reminds me of that night. I slowly unpacked my bag and sat on my seat and stared absently at the whiteboard.

“Hey Mel” a student in my class greeted me.

I heard her but I didn’t respond to her. I just forgot that she actually greeted me.

“Um… Mel are you okay?” she asked.

Again I heard her but soon after forgot if she even said something.

“You look like a living zombie are you okay?” she waved her hand in front of me.

I clicked back to reality and smiled at her. “Sorry I was day dreaming”

“Oh, it’s cool. You looked sad so I thought there was something wrong”

“No I’m fine”

I didn’t notice that Gerard actually entered the room and sat next to me. He watched me intensely which made me uncomfortable.

The student turned back to her other friend and started chatting to them.

“You okay?” Gerard asked.

The sound of his voice reminded me of that night too. He asked me the same thing after he defeated him. I nodded, “I’m fine”

“You’re pale” he stated. “The girl is right you do look like a living zombie”

I shrugged my shoulders. “Did he remember that you bashed him?”

“Uh… I passed him in the hall way but he seems normal” he bit his bottom lip. “I don’t think he remembers at all”

I sighed, “That’s good”

“You shouldn’t say that. You should go to the police”

“Shh!” I waved my hand just inches away from his lips. “Don’t say anything here”

“Ok” he apologized.

Our teacher just entered the room and with a brief sorry she started her class. We didn’t say a single word to each other.



The bell rang for recess and he and I walked out of class together.

“I need to talk to you” he mumbled for only me to hear.

“There’s nothing to talk about” I hushed.

“Yes there is. I’m worried about you Melody” he gently grabbed my arm and swiftly went through
the crowd; heading towards the library.

I was taken aback. As far as I know this is the first time he actually used my name. He didn’t call me princess like he use to, he used my actual name and I’m shocked of it. Suddenly I felt Gerard tightening his grip on my arm and I looked up to see why.

Matt was walking with his jock friends just in front of me.

My knees felt weak and I was sure they were wobbling to keep me upright. My breath got caught in my throat and my eyes never left Matt.

He unfortunately noticed me and stood in front of me in the middle of the hall way. “Hello Mel” he greeted me.

I gave a small brief fake smile.

“Why are you hanging out with this loser?” he eyed Gerard.

At that moment I was angry at him, how dare he looked at Gerard with disgust.

“She has her reasons” Gerard narrowed his eyes.

“And why are you holding her arm? Let her go” Matt eyed Gerard’s hand that was linked with my
arm.

“None of your business. Since when did you care anyway? Last time I checked you weren’t her boyfriend” Gerard gritted his teeth.

“Ha! I care all the time man. I may not be her boyfriend but I will be soon. Last time I checked she doesn’t hang out with losers like you”

My legs just then gave up on me and I couldn’t stand upright anymore.

Gerard quickly grabbed my waist before I fell to the ground.

“Are you okay Mel?” Matt asked looking concerned.

“She’s fine” Gerard said sharply.

“No she’s not, she’s pale”

“I see that. I’ll take her to the sick bay” Gerard held my weight on him.

“No I will!” Matt said and took my arm.

“Leave me alone!” I yelled at him. I didn’t realise that I said that. It was like my automatic reaction.

Matt stepped back looking confused, “Honey don’t you want me to take you to sick bay?”

I shook my head.

“See?” Gerard smirked and walked down the hall way as I pressed my weight on him.

I had my eyes closed the whole time. I tried to think of something else, anything else. I heard Gerard talking to the woman at the office; he told her that I was feeling faint. Next thing I knew I was on a soft couch like bed in a small plain room. Gerard said on a chair beside me as he watched.

I’ve never actually seen Gerard look concerned and full of sympathy before. “It’s cold” I muttered.

Gerard quickly stood up and covered me with a grey woollen blanket. “Better?”

I nodded. “I think there’s something wrong with me” my voice was barely a whisper.

“It’s normal. You went through something really awful. It’s alright to feel like this” he
explained.

I quickly partly sat up; “I need to vomit” I was embarrassed. How could I vomit in front if him?

He quickly grabbed a bucket nearly by and held it under my head just in time when I started to vomit.

I took the tissue and wiped my mouth with it. I was seriously embarrassed.

“It’s ok, it all comes from shock” he said.

He sure did know everything. He grabbed my hand. “You’re hands are cold” he stated.

“I am cold”

He grabbed my other hand and slightly rubbed his hands over mine.

I watched him. Why would he do this? Why can’t he go away? “You can go now you know? I’m fine now”

“No, I’ll stay. I’m worried about you”

Again I was taken aback. He was worried about me? After me being a bitch to him? I nodded and looked around the small room. The walls were a soft grey colour which matched with the two couch like bed on either sides of the room. It was occupied with everything from first aid kits to buckets to vomit in.

Just then the door to the room opened showing a familiar girl. She looked sick too as she laid on the bed.

“Hey Mel” she greeted me tiredly.

I gave a smile as a response.

“New boyfriend?” she pointed at Gerard.

Gerard smirked.

I shook my head, “No”

“Not yet” Gerard mumbled.

I knew I heard him correctly. It’s a joke right?






Ha Ha!
Lol i felt like writing another chappie!
Please TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK
or in other words
PLEASE REVIEW!

xx
Sign up to rate and review this story