Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > We can settle this affair.

Who can we blame?

by darkviolet 6 reviews

...Pee happily while I watch cartoons tralalala...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2008-05-31 - Updated: 2008-05-31 - 1527 words

2Original
I glanced at the big cow shaped clock above the sink every 3 minutes as I washed the dishes and put them away. Or at least that was what the clock said but it's cow shaped so what does it know. The kitchen was brightly lit and the twins laughter from the living room and the cheerful music of the cartoons they were watching with their new girlfriend, Gerard, made their way into the kitchen, yet the darkness outside pressed down on me.

I avoided peeking outside but they didn't have curtains and every now and then I'd spot a shadow creeping in on me and disappear in the moon light, I convinced myself it's just the trees branches moving in the wind. Nothing special about it.

It was 15 minutes since Bass went up to the bathroom and still not a sign of him. I couldn't keep it calm and cool anymore and stood up from the armchair, heading for the staircase.

"Where are you going?" Gerard was still smiling from the joke one of the cartoon characters made when he turned his head to me.

"To get something," I shrugged, glancing up the stairs guiltily.

"You're going to check on the kid, aren't you?," he smirked, watching me.

"So what if I do," I snapped, his calm getting on my nerves. How could he be so fucking relaxed when a kid went missing?! He'd make a terrible dad just like his own slime ball of a dad.

"Nothing," he shrugged, returning to the Cartoon, "Go ahead and smoother the kid"

I rolled my eyes, stumping up the stairs. Smoother! I wasn't the smothering type! I was the responsible concerned type who doesn't watch cartoons when a kid goes missing! But not smothering! Ugh fucking Gerard! He doesn't even know these kids like I do, he thinks that if he watches cartoons, he's Mr. thing! Well he knew nothing about them! I was here like an hour and a half before he marched his ass right in and took charge. Bossy piece of shit.

"Bass," I called out cheerfully ,checking the bathroom door, it wasn't locked, "Can I come in? Bass are you in there?"

My heart skipped a beat when I turned the knob and found an empty bathroom, "Bass? It's not funny," my voice trembled slightly.
Suddenly the lights went out. Total darkness consumed the room and panic gripped me as I checked his room and then the rest of the upper floor in the darkness, calling out frankly for him.

There wasn't even a sign of him. Nothing. Bass was nowhere to be found. It was like he fucking vanished into thin air. His room was messy and his closet contained nothing but piles of clothes and toys.

When the lights finally came back on and he was still no where to be found, I shrieked a little, letting the fear completely take over me.

Then something caught my eye. Something I failed to notice in the dark.
There in the middle of the room was one deserted sneaker. It looked like the ones Bass wore. The ones her was wearing actually, the last time I saw him.
White ones with blue stripe across it and a few brown stains of mud that stood out on the white background. I whimpered like an idiot, picking up the smelly sneaker with trembling hands and clutching it closer to me.

"You OK?," Gerard's pale face appeared in the doorway.

I resumed my shrieking, "He's gone. I lost another one!"

"He's gone too?," he snickered like Christmas came earlier this year.

"Don't fucking laugh!," I hissed, on a verge of a break down, "It's all your fucking fault!"

"How is it my fault exactly," he smirked and leaned on the door frame, crossing his arms on his chest, "Enlighten me on this one"

"You were the one who was oh you can handle going to the bathroom yourself little dude," I mimicked him, "I'm the coolest ever. I don't give crap about shit and missing kids. Just go upstairs where crazy murderer can grab you and chop your thing off, little dude and pee happily while I watch cartoons tralalala. And your babysitter goes mental, little dude!," my voice went ridiculously high at the end of the sentence.

"Aw little Velvet baby is wowwied about her wittle friends," he cooed, still smirking.

"Fuck you!." I spat out, "You wouldn't know responsibility even if it slapped you on the face and danced tango with your dick!"

"Now there's a mental picture," he laughed a little.

"Just go home!," I threw the sneaker at him, almost hitting him but he ducked.

"Calm the fuck down, Viola"

"This is all your fault!," I grumbled, "You fucking jinxed me! You were all you can't babysit! You kill goldfishes! You're evil! You better prey these kids to be found safe and happy with all their vital organs attached or I'm gonna kick your stupid cartoon watching jinxing ass!"

Gerard rolled his eyes, "It sounds like a game"

"A game! A game! I'm not playing!"

"But maybe the kids are," he sat on Bass unmade bed, "Me and the girls locked all the doors. There's no way he could've went outside"

I mulled over this, gradually calming my will to strangle him with the shoe lace, "And Donny?"

Gerard didn't answer for a while, but judging by the way his eyes darted around I knew he was thinking hard, "It looks like they're testing the babysitter. The twins are completely calm. I'd think they show some more emotions when their brothers disappear and they didn't even flinch when the lights went off, You'll see that by the time their mom comes back Bass and the baby gonna miraculously appear. Mikey and I did it all the fucking time. It was hilarious," he looked me up and down, "It still is"

"You're this close from being strangled," I held up my thumb and index finger with a tiny space between them to show him exactly how close he was," What about the phone calls, smart ass?," I blurted out, not realising I didn't tell Gerard about the phone calls.
He frowned questionably, "I got two phone calls earlier, saying I was gonna die tonight and then the lights went off before each disappearance"

"That's weird," he bit his lip, frowning even harder, "Maybe it's just a coincidence? I got a call like that once and it was Frank, fucking with my mind"

"I dunno," I sighed, "Carla said her ex is a fucker. It could be him and the kids will go with him cause they know him. Or it could be the pizza dude I pranked, calling to fuck with me"

"Wow you sure do have enemies," Gerard chuckled thoughtfully, "What if it's just Frank again?"

OK where is that fucking shoe lace, "Don't fucking blame Frankie! Again!"

"No no just listen," he sent his hand through his hair, "You tell your precious Frankie everything! So he knows you're here alone and probably terrified of the kids so he decides to have a little fun"

"He doesn't know I'm here," I gritted my teeth resentfully, "The only one who knows is my mother and she might be a slut but she doesn't have a sense of humor, let alone a twisted one...Unless you told Dan I'm babysitting"

He rolled his eyes, "Let that go already"

"No I'm sick of you piling crap on Frankie," I waged my finger at him with my other hand firmly planted on my hip, "You always fucking do it! World hunger? Must be Frankie! The holy grail goes fucking missing? At least we know who to call! World war one? Frankie failed his German class again! What is it with you and blaming Frankie all the time?! Is your self esteem that low you gotta point your finger at someone and he happens to be around?! Are you threatened by him or something? Let's get this shit straight once and for fucking all!"

"Oh yeah," he frowned, "I'm so jealous of some minor criminal midget. You got me there"

"Well you've got the height but you sure didn't get his brains or wit," I shrieked.

"Wits? Brains? Are we still on the same Frank Iero?"

I swatted his arm angrily, "Idiot"

"You're the one who fucking lost two kids"

"Don't remind me," I moaned, my gaze transfixed on the sneaker lying limply on the floor, "Which reminds me, why the fuck did you leave the twins alone?!"

"I heard you screaming..," but I didn't stop to listen to him.
I trotted downstairs to find the empty leather sofa basking in the soft blue glow of the TV and colorful cartoon charechters, "FUCK! Gerard, they're gone! You fucking lost the twins!"

He came to a halt next to me, "I lost no one, you're the babysitter..."








A/N

I know the last couple of chapters were pretty shitty but I hope the next ones will make it up to you my faithful readers as I was doing my best. Thanks for all the support and keep these comments coming!
Sign up to rate and review this story