Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Good golly it's...Bden!

Good golly it's...Bden!

by Meg2005 0 reviews

I had permission to hack into this account so people would read and hopefully review my stuff. :]

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2008-05-31 - Updated: 2008-05-31 - 1105 words

0Unrated
Chapter One.

The classic sound of Nat King Cole’s “Almost Like Being In Love” played through the boy’s ear buds as he quickly walked from the comfort his beat up hand me down car into the busy, cluttered hall ways of Palo Verde High School. The boy hummed to himself as he walked up the flight of stairs and down the entire length of the long, unfriendly looking senior hallway to his rusted grey locker. He mouthed the numbers as he turned his head slightly in the direction he was spinning the combination lock on his locker. Right, left, right again. The locker opened quickly as a few papers scattered from the top shelf and onto the scuffed linoleum floor. The boy rolled his eyes and sighed as he bent down to pick them up and putting them back in their place as the first warning bell of the day screamed at the students, alarming them that they had five minutes to get their stuff together and to head to first period. He pulled the ear buds from his ears and wrapped the thin cord delicately around his beloved iPod and placing it in a pocket in his patch and button clad messenger bag before placing it on a hook, grabbing what he needed and heading off to first period - Music Appreciation with Ms. Bates in room 263.

It wasn’t a long walk for the boy, for the class room was near the very end of the hallway, just like he was and he took his normal seat in the very back of the class room in a lonely desk. He sat in that lonely desk placed in that lonely spot as he watched the clock as the seconds ticked by, anticipating the bell that began the day.

Three and a half agonizing minutes later, the bell rang and everyone, well mostly everyone, took their seats as Ms. Bates bounded into the room in a floral print dress, a pink pearl necklace, and pink pumps that matched the pink flowers on her dress. She was a very nice lady, in her mid to late 40’s that loved teaching students about music.

She stood in front of her desk looking proud as the president of student council said the pledge of allegiance before reading off some announcements and what was on the menu for lunch that day.

“I don’t understand why some of you kids don’t say the pledge? I mean I understand you have the right not to, but come on guys, don’t talk during it common courtesy still gets you somewhere in the world.” She said trying to seem tough, but everyone could see through her tough façade, and saw the sweet, push over of a music teacher she really was. “Alright then…” She said once she got no response out of that. “We’re going to continue with our reports today on musicians you respect and admire so who should I pick to go first…” It seemed that all of the students in the class dropped their heads down, as to seem invisible, but not the boy. He was glancing out the window. “Brendon, would you come up and read your report?” He was suddenly pulled out of his trance.
“Um, yeah, sure.” He said as he gathered up his report and slowly made his way to the front of the class.
“Who did you do your report on?” Ms. Bates asked curiously. She was fond of Brendon, she knew he didn’t take the class because he thought it would be an easy A, but because she could see how passionate he was about music.
“I did my report on The Smiths. One of my favorite bands.” He said as he finally got up the courage to look in the audience of classmates.
“What did loser boy say? The shits?” Blake, one of the more popular boys laughed from his spot in the front row. If only Brendon had enough courage to say something witty back to that bleach blonde wanna be surfer boy. Brendon turned his head in the direction of Ms. Bates and she nodded her head as a form of encouragement for Brendon to go ahead and read his, probably brilliant, report.
“Okay…um…I chose The Smiths.” He emphasized ’Smiths’ while nodding slightly in Blake’s general direction. “Because they’re obviously one of my favorite bands of all time and um…yeah…” Brendon took a deep breath before starting to read the size twelve Times New Roman font on the paper. “The Smiths were an English rock band active from 1982 to 1987. The group was based on the songwriting partnership of Morrissey and Johnny Marr and were signed to the independent record label Rough Trade Records. Considered by some critics to be the most important alternative rock band to emerge from the British indie scene of the 1980s, the Smiths have had a major influence on subsequent alternative music, including bands such as The Killers, Bloc Party, The Stone Roses, Radiohead, Blur, Suede, Oasis, The Libertines, Brand New, The Verve and Doves. Some more of my favorites. At the time, the group was notable in particular for two things: Morrissey's unusual, witty, ambiguous, and sometimes controversial lyrics; and Marr's complex, dense music, which helped return guitar-based music to popularity after it had fallen somewhat out of favor in the UK charts. The group released four studio albums and several compilations, as well as numerous non-LP singles. Although they had limited commercial success outside the UK while they were still together and never released a single that charted higher than number 10 in their home country, The Smiths won a growing following both at home and overseas in the closing years of the twentieth century, and they remain cult and commercial favorites to this day.” Brendon stopped to turn the page, when Blake thought he’d add his own commentary.
“Urie’s a fag.” He said in a sing song voice. Brendon heard stuff like that every day, and had since 7th or 8th grade. He knew he shouldn’t let it get to him, but he couldn’t help it and it did. He looked down at the rest of his report before deciding to wrap it up so he could return to the back of the class room.
“And that is why I chose The Smiths for my report. Thank you.” He said placing his less than half read report on Ms. Bates desk before hanging his head and returning to his seat. It was going to be a long day.
Sign up to rate and review this story