Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Good golly it's...Bden!

twooooo.

by Meg2005 3 reviews

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2008-05-31 - Updated: 2008-05-31 - 667 words

0Unrated

Chapter Two.

Brendon could not wait to get out of school. He had contemplated skipping as he sat by himself by the juice machine at lunch, but he had done that already that week, and it probably wouldn’t have looked too good on the attendance card, so he waited it out for the remaining three hours of school, before grabbing his things out of his locker and practically sprinting out to his car.

He said with his head on the steering wheel for a few minutes before deciding to start his car and head to work at the smoothie hut, Fuzion, at the mall. He reluctantly walked behind the counter adjusting his visor and tying his apron with his name stitched on the left side as he stood there, awaiting instructions from his manager.
“You look rough.” Betsy, the manager said as she came out from the back room. Brendon sighed and nodded.
“Long day at school.”
“Are kids still giving you shit?” Brendon nodded again.
“Hun, ignore them, they’re stupid. You’re a good kid. You’re smart, funny, charming and who could resist that smile of yours.” She said pinching his cheek. Betsy was a good boss, she was very understanding.
“You try telling them that and let me know how it goes.” He forced a smile as a customer came in. “I got it.” It was a girl, she smiled shyly at him from the other side of the counter before looking up at her options. Brendon thought that he had seen this girl before, maybe they went to school together, or maybe she was a regular at Fuzion. Either way, she was kind of cute. Whoever she was.
“Um…can I get a passion fruit smoothie, please?” She was so quiet.
“Sure, what size?”
“Small.” She said with that shy smile again. She was wearing a blue cardigan sweater with a white tank top underneath. Around her neck was a short pearl necklace, her make up was light and pretty and her hair was in a pony tail. He wished he knew her. But, just like every body else, she probably thought he was a freak too.
“I’ll get that going for you.” He said as he turned away from her, completely missing her blush and started to work on her smoothie. While he was watching the blender he thought of what he could say to start up a conversation. He turned around again as he placed the lid on her smoothie and handed it over to her.
“Thank you.” She said, placing the exact amount $2.10 on the counter before quickly leaving. Brendon sighed in defeat.
“Yep, she probably thinks I’m weird…” He said to himself as he sat down on the stool behind the counter. His shift didn’t end for another four hours and it couldn’t come soon enough. Poor Brendon just wanted the day to be over.

*

“Brendon, honey. Is that you?” His mom called as she heard the front door slam.
“Yeah.” He said almost emotionless. He kicked off his dirty Chucks and went into the kitchen.
“I made a plate for you, it’s in the fridge.”
“What did you make?”
“Chicken alfredo.” Brendon sighed. Did she really forget again? “Don’t worry honey, I left the chicken out of yours.” She said placing it in the microwave and heating it up. “You think after what happened with that poor little bunny I’d forget you’re a vegetarian?”
“I guess not. Dad always does.”
“Well…that’s your father.” She laughed. The timer on the microwave beeped and Brendon took the plate out carefully. “So…how was your day Brenny Bear?”
“I’m gonna eat this upstairs.” He said throwing his bag over his shoulder and taking the steps two at a time up to his room. His mom just nodded before taking a deep breath.
“My poor little boy…” She said quietly to herself as she returned wiping down the table.
Sign up to rate and review this story