Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Our Lady of Sorrows

Our Lady of Strange Occurences

by Fue_Kurokawa 0 reviews

Booze and cigarettes never made an interesting party; the band playing did.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2008-06-04 - Updated: 2008-06-04 - 3459 words

0Unrated
Roxanne was the one who moved the most; she was pacing all around the kitchen, just unable to believe what she'd just said. She was muttering various things to herself, trying to sort out her own thoughts. Ariel had taken to sitting on the chair at the small round table, staring straight ahead with a blank look and wide eyes. Needless to say that Serenity had anticipated something like this, and, quite honestly, she had expected something a lot worse that just mindless mumbling and utter shock. Ren had mentally prepared herself to be called a liar, a bitch, a whore, and other beautiful names of that kind. But no, her friends had kept to themselves and believed her on her word.

"Um..." Ren started uneasily, fidgetting in her place at the doorway and wringing her hands together. "What do I do now?"

Ariel's head had come up awfully fast; Rennie had half expected it to fall off or snap in two. But the elder girl just stared at her, her eyes slowly regaining the normalcy thy usually had, that dark triangle in her lower right eyes slowly taking a smaller, more 'controlled' shape. Her face seemed to soften in apprehension, but as soon as that mohterly like kidness had showmn a tad bit, it was replaced by some hard expression. Ren guessed that she was pset, either at her or at something in the situation she missed.

"He's a fucking pedophile." she stated. enough venom in her voice to kill a thousand men, apparently putting aside all love an adoration she had for her 'vampiric hero'.

Roxanne stopped in her tracks and coughed vigorously, hitting her chest with a balled fist a few times. Serenity just stared wide-eyed at the eighteen year old while she carefully laced her hands on the table. How the hell she'd drawn that conclusion was a totally mystery, to Rox and to Ren. After all, she'd never mention any romantic altercation--because there WERE none--and as far as she was concerned, Ren was pretty sure that Gerard was NOT a pedophile because he HAD a fiancée and that...

Wait, hadn't he broke up with that bitchy girlfriend of his?

Serenity sighed, hanging her head and letting her chin rest against her chest. Really, that woman could make the oddest, weirdest, most STUPID statements ever, based on the most uncertain facts. Facts so uncertain that they could barely be called that. And then those were the times when she'd just fall on her face because she was totally wrong. But this time, the consequences of her statement being WIDELY off the track could be pretty devastating. Especially if she started to talk to everyone about it...

"A-Ariel, he's not a pedophile." Ren said in a light laughter, after raising her head and flashing a not-so-sure smile. "If he was, don't you think he would've done something a little more--"

"That's what they do." She cut abruptly, crossing her arms and leaning back in the chair. "They get all friendly and then fuck your brains out. He's almost twice your fucking age, Ren, just get off of your little--"

"SHUT THE FUCK UP! God! I never said anything about love or sex of kisses or all that fucking crap and here you are getting all motherly on my motherfucking ass! And I thought I could come here to fucking get away from fucking parents." Ren yelled, but quited her voice into a lethal whisper at the end. She grabbed her bag and purse and left like a bolt of lightning, not even caring to deactivate the alarm system, not even caring enough to look back at the door, or the house, and not even caring, at all.

She had 200$ that she'd withdrawn from her account the day before, thinking about spending a little more at the warped tour, whilst she wound up not spending any of it. She walked all the way to the nearest Tim Hortons and payed herself a coffee and a doughnut and set off with her CV to find a job. She needed one if she was going to move out of that hell hole of hers and into a decent appartment. Because there was no way that she was staying with her parents for too long. Fuck, if she had to, she'd move in with Anna if she had to. Which wasn't an unpleasant idea, but... just no. The girl was niec and all, but Ren loathed being a burden to someone for more than a day.

Running a hand through her hair, she slowly made her way down the busy highway and headed for the park she knew woul be deserted at this time of day. She would go there often to get a little peace of mind, or just after a nice little afternoon of shopping. After her coffee, she figured, she'd go top the mall and start filling out applications for jobs and wait for a call to come in. But when she actually got to the park, she saw that same stupid bunch of moronic metal guys acting stupid like they usually did.

"Wait..." Ren whispered to herself, squinting to get a better look at the guys in the park. Well, the guy with the 'fro could've been Phil, her friend's boyfriend, but then again, didn't that guy have like, really dark hair, and not nearly-blonde hair?

And since when did Phil hang out with a guy with a mohawk? Maybe that long-haired dude got a haircut. But no one Julie knows wears glasses except Ariel. And, fuck, since when does Phil have such fucking old friends? And while she tried to sort out her thoughts, faces turned around to look at her. Breaking Benjamin blaring in her ears, she couldn't really hear what they were saying to her--IF they WERE, actually, saying anything to her at all. And the feeling she got by just having all those emo-looking freaky people was just unnvering.

Serenity continued her brisk and slightly faster pace. Her headache was growing more and more painful, and even though she'd taken advils that morning at Ariel's, it just wouldn't go away. She tried focusing on the lyrics to Evil Angel, but it just WOULDN'T WORK. She cast a quick glance to her right, finding that the small group had stopped staring at her. Good god, she felt that much more relieved. She took advantage of the moment to sit on the sidewalk on the opposite side of the street the park was on and craddled her head in her hands.

So she'd kicked herself out of her own house at four in the fucking morning. And she headed striaght for Ariel's place, who seemed mortified by who Ren was talking to on MSN. And then there was Roxanne; what the hell would she do? And her mom--oh god, Ren didn't even want to think about how fucking miffed she'd be when she'd lay her hands on her. Oh, she'd probably snap and hit this time...
Like the last time, really.

There was a light tap on her shoulder. Ren coughed in her hand before looking up with bleary eyes. She blinked several times and looked behind the broad shoulders in front of her to the four men standing behind the not-so-insolant-man-after-all who'd disturbed her thoughts and near-slumber in the middle ofthe day and street.

"Holy motherfucking son of a fucking bitch." Ren choked, pulling her old-style earphones back and staring wide-eyed at the band in front of her. Sure, talking to Gerard on MSN was one thing, and having him mention he needed to get ready for another venue and all that shit was... Well, STRONGLY hinted that wherever My Chemical Romance was, certainly wasn't anywhere near her little town in the middle of nowhere, infested with potheads and drug dealers.

Something stung, though, as she thought that. What if that was exactly why they came back? To get drunk at the nightly open houses in the town and find all the crack and coke—she paused herself. She was thinking about My fucking Chemical Romance, not some starting group like the one at school... Kerosine, or something like that. Seriously. They were out every day smoke whatever crap they could get their hands on.

Ren was slowly brought back to reality after those breif seconds of thought when she heard a light chuckle. Most likely concerning her rather flagrant abuse of curses in her daily life.

"You alright?" the bassist asked, looking over his glasses—why was he wearing them already...? Oh. Right. Maybe it's because his wife had requested him to wear them at least once a week. And, Ren had to admit, Mikey with glasses totally beat the crap out of Mikey without glasses. He looked cuter and younger and just... Timeless.

"Uh... Not... Well, I, uh..." Ren mumbled, not really wanting to say that she was as fine as a zebra caught in an aligator's jaw(which is IMMINANT DEATH, by the way), but she wasn't quite up to lying in Mikey Way's fucking FACE, either. Not to mention that the rest of the band had, of course, followed suit behind him.
"What are you doing in Mercier anyways? It's like a hole in the middle of fucking nowhere. What the fuck." and she couldn't help but swear because the situation was weird and just fucking impossible.

"Bus stalled." Ray replied before Mikey could so much as open his mouth, and Ren just blinked. Why was it that they were talking to her, anyways? And why weren't they hiding and why were they there and just WHAT THE FUCK.

"And because there's an open house tonight!" Frank chirped, apparently trying to hold himself back from jumping all over the place.

"Uh... Yeah, I heard about it..." Rennie muttered as she stood up, snatching her bag and purse and moving to turn around, but someone had called out her name. Mikey jumped in to cover whoever was talking.

"Actually, it's a little weird to see a girl walk around at lunch with a bag, a purse, a coat, and walking like she's heading for the end of the world."

That's pretty much the entire fucking deal. She thought darkly, and shoved away all negativity for a minute and flashed a bright, shining, ever so FAKE smile. Maybe that would throw them off their tracks... because, strangely enough, as much as Ren wanted to stay and BE with MC fucking R, she just couldn't bring herself to want to be with anyone at all.

"I'm running around for a job." she said shortly and turned around, again, to leave. She was vaguely aware of someone shouting some adress—something she knew too well, in fact—and some obnoxiously high pitched screaming. And people running away for their dear lives.

-----------------------------------------------------

Her phone rang for the first time around one in the afternoon. Serenity's mom had finally mustered up enough fucking sanity and logi to piece together that her daughter had run away. And probably for good. Though, when the phone rang and her brother's job number showed up, she hesitated before answering.

"...Hello?"

"WHAT THE FUCK REN WHAT THE FUCKING FUCKITY FUCK ARE YOU FUCKING DOING?"

She heard snickers in the background, and a poor immitation of a catcall.

"I ran away, you fucktard. What does it look like?" Ren snapped, sighing.

"And left me alone with that bitch and that lazy ass?" her brother shrugged, and she could almost see him crossing his arms and pout. Very mature for a 26 year old brother. "Seriously. Where are you?"

"I'm not a brainless fuck, Brian. You'll tell mom and she'll sick the cops on me."

"Nothing she hasn't already done..."

Rennie groaned, throwing her head back as she entered the mall by the back entrance. She should've known her mother had called the cops before trying to call her. And she'd probably tried to call to get the cops to track down her call so that they could--

"YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE."

And she hung up.

Fucking motherfucker thinks he can get the fucking cops to track me down. Son of a bitch. Ren thought scathingly, loathing her brother, her parents, the WORLD, for sicking every damn fucking problem on her back. But she needed to focus and look at least MILDLY pleasant. After all, if she was going to make so many job applications, she might as well try to act like someone she hasn't been for a while. And thought thought, although somewhat settling her troubled self, was unnerving. She was tired of pretending to be some fake little Barbie doll.

And her mind instantly went back to the five men she'd just recently stalked away from. Walking up and down the mall three times, Ren was too lost in her thoughts to even give a damn about why she was there i nthe first place. Gerard seemed like a nice guy. Though, she vaguely wondered why she hadn't seen him those few minutes ago, and why she only saw Mikey, Ray and Frank—and maybe the top of Bob's head—and not the guy she'd been talking to for the past, what, thirty six hours? Well yeah.

"Hi, I'm looking for a job; do you have an application form or can I just leave you my CV?" Rennie asked pleasantly, succesfully hiding the bitter, thoughtful tone in her voice she was sure would transpire.

The cashier smiled just as brightly and handed her a sheet of paper and a pen. Ren walked off to the side to leave the place to the customers and scribbled down her information on the sheet. She stared at 'Adress' for a few seconds before writing down the adress to where she'd lived for nine years now, and the rest just came out in a matter of seconds. Popped out a CV from her back, handed the lot to the cashier, and was back on her way.

The day went on like that until evening, when Serenity had thought it best to take a break and eat dinner out some place. It was around six when she settled down at a small table at the McDonald's, only five minutes away from the mall, and slowly ate her second meal of the day. She hadn't bothered eating lunch at all, partly because she was too busy and absorbed by her thoughts to care, but a part of Ren had denied herself the request to eat because, and no one would deny it, she needed to lose a little weight.

And there she was eating a fucking Big Mac. Ren laughed at herself and shook her head, all of a sudden remembering that open house thing. The only reason she'd bothered with remembering the entire thing was because it was held at her friend's house. At ARIEL'S house, in fact. And it pissed her off that her best FRIEND wouldn't even mention an open house! Then again, Ariel and Rox had always been the ones to reprimand Serenity whenever she admitted drinking(which is a grand total of three times, none during which she was remotely wasted), and would, of course, not provide the girl with an oppertunity to live an Open House, drink and drug and all, at the young age of 16.

Albeit tired and annoyed and irritable, Rennie packed up her things and left the McDonald's behind her, heading fifteen minute away to Ariel's house. They used to go to the mall all the time, she and her, for the most useless things. Like that one time when they had walked there just for a smoothie, when they could've made one themselves at home and not bother moving at all.

Distracted by a lot of things and wanting to burn the obnoxious amount of calories she'd gained by her simple meal, Serenity had chosen a rather long and stupid way to Ariel's home, which involved taking the same streets twice, looping around cul-de-sacs, and walking very, very slowly. She'd often do that with her dog, right after dinner. It was a marvelous time to ignore her mother's blundering rantings at her brother's half-drunken antics and her father's hardcore stupid ramblings.

The music could be heard from the end of the street; it was about eight when Ren had made it at the corner, and she could easily identify the partying house from that far away. People were on the front lawn talking, some sprawled on the grass, already muttering incoherent thoughts, and clouds of smoke flew into the crisp night air. How the neighbors had agreed to this was inconceivable to her, although, if she thought things through, it made some sense. Ariel had mentionned something about everyone going to the bahamas together or some useless crap like that.

And fuck, she could've seen this coming from a mile away!

"Hey there, sexy."

"Fuck off, you fucking braindead son of a bitch." Rennie growled, shoving the drunken ass out of the way and shoving more people to actually get inside the house.

Catching glimpses of faces here and there, Ren was very aware that a lot of people she knew, mostly her age and not much older, where at this insane party. She ran into a guy she went to school with, Steven; he was the singer to that... Band of his, Kerosine, Peroxyde, or... Well some chemical shit like that. They made idle conversation. She wanted to know how he'd gotten there, let alone heard of this, and he, in turn, wanted to know what a goody little two-shoes was doing at an open house. Content of the others' answer, they parted ways, Steven promising to catch up with her later.

She was a nice guy when he was drunk.

Ren ran outside, in the backyard and in the shed, shich she found locked. She had all the good intentions of the world of locking up her stuff inside. After grabbing the keys in the corner of a drawer that was otherwise unknown to the rest of the world, the teen made quick for of unlocking, stashing and locking the shed again, and dropped off the keys where she'd picked them up. Ren liked it a lot more outside, though; it was cool, not all that calm, but definately not the chaotic mess inside, and sitting on the ladder to the pool, letting her feet dunk in the water, was more than an apealing idea.

"Heeeeeey! Josh, my man!" came the booming voice, and another replied with just as much intoxicated hapiness as the first.

Serenity almost fell face-first into the water,which she figured was probably freezing cold. If Ariel saw here there, she'd be dead. Of course, the girl would probably forget everything the day after, but everyone gets lucky SOME day. She flung her legs over the side of the pool, a few curses flying from a few mouths, and ducked on the opposite side of the pool the party's host was at. She sat down, her heart racing in her chest.

"Serenity, right?" and ren jerked up her head and blinked a few times. She was trying to figure out what was causing this marvelous hallucination when she noticed she hadn't drunk or smoked. Yet, at least.

"Uh, uh, yeah. Ren, for short, please." she stuttered, grasping Mikey's hand firmly, earning herself a smirk from the latter.

"Didn't think you'd actually come. This girl said you and the redhead had a pretty mean fight." Mikey stated with somewhat of a frown. Ren inwardly raged; couldn't he just've left his glasses on?

"Oh, yeah..? Well, uh, I don't think we got in a fight..." Ren started,deeply inhaling the already intoxicating air. "Unless you know something I don't."

It was a wonder to her how My Chemical Romance had manage to sneak into a place crawling with alternative-punk-rock adorers unkown. Or maybe no one really cared, because tonight, MCR was just Bob, Mikey, Ray, Frank and Gerard. And she vaguely heard the frontman's name being said by the ex-glass-wearer she was following for some reason she wasn't even aware of, and before she knew it, a bottle of vodka was shoved in her hands and she thankfully took a swig of it. Ren stiffled her laughter when she saw Mikey's face.

"I'm 16. Your point is?"

A cigarette was linger in Steven's hand(and then, you wondered how many time's you'd see him that night), which you snatched. Ignoring the string of curses flying from his mouth, as screative as your own in fact, you dropped a kiss on his cheek and ruffled his hair, venturing further into the hellish party.

Maybe you'd manage to have a good time, after all.
Sign up to rate and review this story