Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Good golly it's...Bden!

four

by Meg2005 0 reviews

it's getting happier!

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2008-06-05 - Updated: 2008-06-05 - 1198 words

0Unrated
Chapter Four.

The sun was beginning to set in the sky. Normally Brendon would have admired the beauty of it, but under the circumstances, he cursed it. It was getting dark, which meant it would be getting colder and he still had no where to go.
“Well…I guess I could go to the park.” He whispered to himself as he turned around. Two and a half blocks later he put his bag in a baseball dug out, where he would decide to sleep for the night. He didn’t understand why his father had acted that way. It wasn’t even his fault, he was just standing up for himself. Wouldn’t any other father agree that it was the right thing to do?

Brendon grabbed his guitar and walked towards the hill not too far from the baseball diamond. He threw himself down on his hands and knees in the dry grass as he let the tears fall from his eyes and sobbed.
“Why did you do this?!” He screamed, emotion dripping from his voice. “What kind of a father are you?!” Brendon’s body began to shake as he continued to sob. He then glanced at his guitar just laying there, looking as if it was begging for him to play. He wiped his eyes and nose on the sleeve of his thin hoodie as he sat down with his guitar and began playing a song that he had written.
“This town just wasn't made for two
But when the streets they call my name, what can I do?
There's a place I'd like to visit there someday

And if you decline my invitation, what can I say?
What can I say?
What can I say?

When the corner light has dimmed upon the street
And all the faces look confused on those you meet
Tell your friends that I'll be dead when you read this
Tell them I couldn't take the pain of loneliness
Of loneliness
Of loneliness

I am feeling low
And I'm singing in my sleep when you're around, will you comfort me?
I'll dream of you
And the smile that you give to me
You give to me
You give to me

It's the same thing everyday
Because we run out of things to say
If you're gone and me not here
It kind of sheds a different light on the whole year
On the whole year
On the whole year.”
The tears still fell from his eyes as he played his work of art. Music was what he lived and breathed for.

A young girl about the same age as Brendon continued walking down the lonely path in the park. This was her favorite time of day, full of peace and calm. Usually at this time it was quiet, almost an eerie quiet. As she turned the corner near the big hill she heard someone playing a guitar and singing. It was absolutely beautiful. She had never heard a voice that pure before. It was full of emotion, sadness, anger and passion. She kept walking towards it when she recognized him…the boy from the smoothie hut…Brendon, she remembered the stitching on the apron. He was never anything but sweet to her all of those times she had gone in, and she had always wanted to stay around and talk to him, but she was shy and would get scared and run off quickly. But suddenly, as she got closer to him, her confidence took control and she knew that she was going to talk to him.

“I am feeling good
And I'm singing in my sleep when you're around, will you comfort me?
I'll dream of you
And the smile that you give, to me
You give to me
You give to me
You give to me.”
As soon as the very last note echoed away, Brendon dropped his head and sobbed again.

All she wanted to do was comfort him, like he had asked in the song. He had always seemed so happy and upbeat, she wondered what was wrong with him. Something wasn’t right and it hurt to see him like this.
“Um…I’m sorry for bothering you, but I couldn’t help but hear that song…” She said quietly. Brendon’s head shot up quickly once he heard someone talking to him. It was her.
“Oh, yeah, sorry, it was probably bad.” He said wiping some tears from his eyes.
“No! Not at all! It was beautiful. Your voice is amazing.” She said truthfully. That caused him to smile slightly, she smiled slightly too.
“Thanks. I’m Brendon.” He said standing up and offering his hand.
“Megan. I think we’ve met before, a few times.” She said shyly as she shook his hand. It was cold.
“Oh, yeah, you always order a small passion fruit smoothie.” He laughed, hoping to lighten his mood. She nodded.
“Yep. That’s me.” Brendon tried smiling again, but it was just too hard, he started to cry again. “What’s wrong?”
“I have nothing.”
“Excuse me?”
“I got into a fight at school today, I was just standing up for myself.” She noticed that his left eye was a dark purple and his upper lip had been busted open, as well as a gash on his cheek.
“Oh, I’m so sorry.” She said placing a hand on his shoulder. He just cried harder as he looked at her small hand. “My dad kicked me out because of it.” He was crying so hard that he was almost incoherent.
“Oh my gosh, that’s terrible. Are you staying anywhere? With a friend, family member?” He shook his head.
“I have no where to go except that dug out over there.” Megan’s heart sunk. There was no way she was letting his emotionally traumatized boy sleep alone in a dugout when it was supposed to be freezing cold that night.
“Look, I know we don’t know each other very well, but I can’t let you stay here, come with me, I’ll give you a place to stay.” She said as Brendon shivered from the temperature drop. He looked her in the eyes. They were the prettiest, friendliest shade of blue he had ever seen.
“Are you sure? I mean, won’t your parents mind?” Megan shrugged.
“I’ll have to sneak you in through the back but who cares? You need a place to stay and someone to talk to. I’m here for you.” She said as she hugged him. Brendon smiled as best he could as he wrapped his arms around her. He suddenly felt warmer. “You’re so cold. Do you have a jacket?” He then realized it was hanging on the rack by the front door at his, no, his parents house. He shook his head. “Then come on, let’s grab your things and go to my house. I have two beds in my room, you can crash on one of them.” She said as she helped Brendon with his stuff. If Brendon wasn’t questioning religion, he could have sworn he had an angel sent to him.
Sign up to rate and review this story