Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Half Way Around The World

Recording And A Decision To Be Made

by fob2adelaide 1 review

Emily is faced with a tough decision...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2008-06-06 - Updated: 2008-06-07 - 1063 words - Complete

0Unrated
A/N: The last chapter is here. I want to say thanks to everyone who read this story and especially thankyou to those who reviewed :-)

It was a week after Emily and Patrick had begun writing a song together and finally today they had finished recording it properly. Now Patrick was just going through the process of mixing it while Emily was on the phone to her mum back in Australia. Both were very proud of what they had written, a slow and sweet song. Emily had worked out the chord structure for it and Patrick had written out a melody and in the recording she had played guitar and he had subsequently sung on it. The only other people to have heard the song in its raw form were Pete and Sarah. After her immature tantrums that had lasted for what had seemed like forever to Emily, Sarah had finally apologized to her parents and to Emily as well. They had all been willing to forgive her and Greg and Liz had allowed Sarah to go out for the day. Emily had been dying to show someone her and Patrick’s song so it had been decided that Sarah, Pete and Emily would have lunch at Patrick’s and that Sarah and Pete could listen to the song. They had really liked it and Pete had even offered to release it as an LP under his new record label, Decaydance. This had been exciting for both Patrick and Emily but she had been particularly pleased as she had never recorded anything for the public before.
Emily was now telling her mum all about this and the whole week on the phone in Patrick’s dining room. Her mum was very happy for her but Emily could sense that something was wrong with her mum..
“Is everything okay?” She asked concerned, “You seem preoccupied…a bit worried?”
“I’m so happy for you Emily,” her mum said, “But I have some bad news, the other day I had some routine scans, blood etc. and today I got the results. I have….” Emily’s mum choked up in tears.
“You have what mum?” Emily inquired as she too became emotional.
“C-an-cer,” she stuttered.
“Oh mum, “ Emily sighed as tears ran down her cheeks, “Where is it?”
“Well, it was in my lungs but now the doctors say it’s got to my bones and that’s why I’ve been getting so much pain in my legs lately.”
“You didn’t tell me you had pain,” Emily said.
“That’s because I didn’t want to worry you.”
“Well I’m worried now mum,” Emily sighed.
“I don’t want you to darling, I want you to stay in America with your nice boyfriend and the Clayton’s okay?”
“I can’t…your going to go through chemo right? I need to be there for you mum. This is so serious,” Emily said frowning.
“Yes, I have to go through chemo but I’d feel better knowing my daughter is having the time of her life half way around the world.”
Emily couldn’t believe that her mum was sick and her first instinct was to take the first flight she could get back to Australia to be with her mum, but what about her new life here in America? How could she leave it? How could she leave Patrick? It was a heart wrenching decision to make and she knew it was impossible to make it right this instant, so she told her mum that she would ring back later in the day with her final decision.
After saying goodbye to her mum Emily went back out to Patrick who noticed that something was wrong straight away. He stood up and came over to her with a concerned expression on his face.
“What’s wrong?” He asked, now right in front of Emily.
“It’s mum, she’s got cancer Patrick.”
Emily stepped forward towards Patrick and he silently wrapped his arms around her as she cried into his chest.

Emily was now sitting in the living room of the Clayton’s house with them and Patrick, who was sitting next to her holding her hand. She had just told Liz, Greg and Sarah the bad news and they had all been very sorry.
“So what are you going to do?” Sarah asked looking very upset at Emily, “Do you have to leave?”
“Well,” Emily said almost in a whisper, “That is what I’ve been thinking about the whole time since mum told me.”
Patrick, Greg, Liz and Sarah all looked at her as she paused from talking. Emily looked at each one of them as she prepared to tell them her decision. She could feel the tension in the room as they all waited for her to speak, to tell them whether she was going to leave them or not.
“I’ve decided that I have to go home,” Emily said sadly, “I love it here so much but my mum needs me.”
Greg nodded, “That was such a hard decision to make Emily and as much as we want you to stay, all of us, it’s important to be with your mom.” He came over and hugged her and then so did Liz and Sarah.
“We’re going to give you some time with Patrick,” Sarah said motioning to her parents for them and her to leave the room. They went out and Emily turned to Patrick.
“I don’t want to leave,” Emily said trying to stop herself from crying once more.
“I know,” Patrick replied stroking her cheek, “But you have to.”
“You really understand?” Emily murmured.
Patrick kissed her gently on the mouth, “I really do understand. And you know what? I’ve made a decision too, I love you Emily and I’m coming with you.”
“Huh?” Emily said in shock.
“I love you Em, and I’m coming to Australia with you,” Patrick said softly.
Emily couldn’t believe it; Patrick was coming with her and he loved her as well.
“I love you too,” she said still surprised. He smiled and they kissed again before going to tell the Clayton’s some good news for today, that they were in love and about to start a new chapter of their lives together.
Sign up to rate and review this story