Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Deadlines

damn nerves

by neve 4 reviews

Late, I'm not late just slightly time challenged

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Humor - Published: 2008-06-08 - Updated: 2008-06-08 - 1284 words - Complete

2Exciting
Chapter Two

"Shit, Shit," Jill shouted at her self as she slipped on the wet floor of her bathroom coming out of the shower. She quickly twisted the towel round her hair and ran to her bedroom. Flicking on the radio she smiled ironically as she heard Green Day.

"Come on Jill, fucking move," she ordered as she slipped on her underwear and started the hairdryer. Once dry she quickly straightened her shoulder length dark hair within an inch of it's life before breathing some life into it with product. Jill paused in front of the wardrope as she thought about what to wear, "No time and this aint some damn fashion parade." She muttered to herself as she pulled on her ever faithful black skinny jeans, black boots and black long-sleeved t. "No I need colour or it'll be Justin and his emo obsession". Jill quickly pulled her bright red stereophonics t over the top.

Running back into the living room, she scopped up her papers into her book bag and shuffed the laptop in. Jill jumped as her phone rang, "Hello" she said slightly more impatiently than intended. "Jill, have you not left yet?"

"Justin, will you just sod of," Jill sighed, "If you keep phoning me you just panic me and then I spend half my time arsing about thinking about what I've forgotten."

"I'm just checking you actually got up," Justin replied, "Remember to eat something."

"Yes Dad!" Jill replied, "See you in a wee bit."

"I'll get the coffee machine started."

"You're a lifesaver Jus." Jill replied.

"Don't I just know it, Now move your butt." Justin ordered as he put the phone done.

Jill quickly dropped a bit bread into the toaster and poured herself some juice. "Come on how long does it take to toast." She muttered to herself. "Right that'll do," she said manually popping the toast up herself. She layered some jam on the toast and scoffed it before running to brush her teeth. Jill checked her makeup in the bathroom mirror and then grabbed her jacket and bag. Taking a deep breath she flung open her door, locked it and made her way to join the ever mad rush of a working day morning. Jill loved working in London, not a native herself she still got the buzz of coming into the city centre and seeing the imposing buildings and madness of it all. However the daily commute was something she could do without and being jammed rigid in a subway train with the constant smell of sweat and other things too gross to mention quickly dampened the buzz. Jill's travel companion was her Ipod and it helped to smooth tempers and frustrations. The train slowly came to a halt and Jill pushed through packed bodies and jumped onto the platform. The usual obligatory run now developed as Jill checked the station clock and discovered she was once again running late.

"Morning Jill."

"Morning Tom," Jill replied smiling as the receptionist grinned at her with the usual look that indicated she was late again.

She quickly ran to catch the elevator as the doors began to close, "Hold the door." She said wedging her foot between the doors.

"Every morning Jilly." Jake the assistant photo editor said as he noticed the slightly dishelved girl before him.

"I know, I know but my commute here is terrible." Jill replied winding her Ipod cable round the device and squashing it in her bag.

"You're doing the MCR interview today aren't you?"
"I am indeed, you all set for the photoshoot?" Jill asked.

"Yep, I take it Katie did the shit on you again?"

Jill looked up at him and raised her eyebrows, "Kind of."

"You'll do a better job anyway and they're all really easy to get on with." Jake reassured her.

"I've done a couple of gig reviews for them but never met them in person." Jill said as the doors pinged.

"Well hope it goes well."

"Fingers crossed," Jill laughed, "I'll give you a buzz when I'm finished with them."

"Cheers." Jake replied as the doors shut.

Jill quickly made her way to her desk, keeping an eye on the boss's door as she tried to avoid him noticing she was sneaking in.

"Hurrah you made it."

Jill smiled as Justin handed her a coffee, "Cheers Jus, you're so good to me." She replied as she noticed he had already switched her computer on and was now helping her to take her coat off.

"You all ready for the interview?"

"I think so, I was up half the night," Jill told him, "You know Katie left me with nothing, her so called research and preparation was non-existent."

"You should tell the boss."

"What's the point he can't do anything." Jill said as she pulled the papers out of her bag.

The next couple of hours involved Jill running around making sure everything was in place for the band arriving. The room was ready with the required catering and Neil had approved the questions despite a few wranglings over the lack of personal questions. Jill was pleased to get her own way on that one, she hated the way the magazine was moving away from the music to the personal lives of the artists. In Jill's eyes you couldn't avoid the personal stuff because that was often the key element of the music but there was no way she was going to go too far. Finally everything was done and she could take some time to relax.

"Red bull?" Justin asked as he held one out for her.

"Do you ever do any work?" Jill asked as she accepted the drink.

"You do the same for me and anyway you need the energy."

"Are you saying I'm flagging?" Jill replied pouting at him.

"No honey but it's a wee pick me up." Justin smiled.

They sat in silence for a moment as Jill drank from her can, she knew he was thinking about something before a mischevious look came across his face.

"So have you decided which one you would fuck?"

Jill almost choked on her drink as she put her hand up to stop it going all over her desk, "Justin, for fuck sake."

"Don't tell me you haven't thought about it?"

"How can you ask me that when I'm just about to meet them all? My head is going to be full of rubbish." Jill said trying to contain her laughter.

Jill's phone rang as Justin continued to tease her, "Very funny Jus," she said picking up the receiver, "Hello Jill speaking."

"Jill, just to let you know that the band have arrived and are on their way up to the interview room."

"Thanks Marie."

Replacing the phone she looked up at Justin, "Well I have to go."

"Go get them Jill."

"Thanks, jeez I don't know why I'm so friggin nervous." Jill whispered to him as she picked up her notepad, recorder and bumdle of pens.

"What's with all the pens?" Justin asked trying to hide his smirk as he noticed just how nervous she was.

"Hey don't knock it, I was a guide and you were taught to always be prepared."

"You a guide, don't make me fucking laugh."

"I was, I better move." Jill replied as she began to walk away from her jester friend.

Jill practically ran up the stairs to the room that was used for interviewing and noticed the usual people that hung around the room when an artist came in. She relaxed a bit when she heard laughter from the room.

Taking a deep breath, she acknowledged her boss and walked in.

"Hey guys, I'm Jill"
Sign up to rate and review this story