Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > To Hurt and to Heal

Chapter 2

by sirrah-chan 0 reviews

The mission was succeed; in a way. We know that time will heal but is it supposed to take this long?

Category: Naruto - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Characters: Iruka,Kakashi - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2008-06-13 - Updated: 2008-06-13 - 2444 words - Complete

1Insightful
Notes: Let’s see if I can find the plot somewhere




“Studious as ever I can see”, Kakashi said, peeking over Sakura’s shoulder to her pile of books and scrolls that were spread all over her huge desk. He got only a vague mumble for an answer.

“Sooo~ heard anything of that old sensei of yours”, Kakashi asked nonchalantly, stealing a corner of Sakura’s desk and picking up one of the books to his hands, eyeing it lazily. One could have never guessed that this small talk was actually well planned and the sole purpose of he being here now was that he could fish some information of Iruka’s condition.

It had been a week already since the more or less disastrous mission of Iruka’s and five days since he had last time seen the cute chuunin. Visiting him more than once in the hospital would have been way too suspicious, so the past days he had been hanging around the village, having more interaction with the people than he usually had in months. He hadn’t even needed to pry much since Iruka’s condition had actually been the talk of the week almost everywhere in the village. It seemed that almost everyone in the village had either been tutored by Iruka, had their kids tutored by him or knew him from somewhere else and every one of them was deeply concerned of him.

Unfortunately for him, most of the people knew even less than he did; there were even wild rumors of missing limbs and mental breakdowns running wild. From his own observation, he knew the rumors were far from the truth. When he had seen Iruka in the hospital, he had already been awake and the healthy tan had come back to his face. He had still been ordered to stay in the bed but that hadn’t stopped the chuunin to do some work in the mean time. Besides all the flowers and gifts in the room, Iruka’s bed had been full of scrolls and papers, most of them having various red marks in them that told the patient was ignoring the ‘rest’ part in his doctor’s orders.

So here he was now, making excuses to come and see Tsunade in order to see Sakura. She was the only one in his team still left in the village and since they all knew how dearly Naruto felt of Iruka, she was probably visiting his sick bed daily in the place of her teammate.

“No. Not anything good at least”, Sakura said with a deep concerned frown on her temple that she used to try and hide so much.

“Really? I though he was getting better”, Kakashi asked laying the book down and mostly dropping his lazy act. The tone of Sakura’s voice didn’t sound good at all.

“He is. From most parts”, Sakura said rubbing her eyes that Kakashi now noticed were slightly bloodshed and had a sign of dark circles under them.

“Most parts?” Kakashi asked standing up, the worry slightly getting a hold of his voice.

Sakura left the book she was studying alone and turned her tired face to Kakashi’s hidden one. She took a small unsure glance of Tsunade who was talking with some kunoichi few feet away.

“He has some… parts that have trouble of healing”, Sakura said, her face taking slightly the same color her hair had, before turning quickly back to her studies.

Kakashi turned his head to Tsunade just in time to catch her from eavesdropping. Soon she seemed to finish her business with the kunoichi, sending her away.

“Sakura, could you be a darling and take this to Hitome-sama. He should have the potion prepared already”, Tsunade said handing a scroll to already up Sakura.

It wasn’t until she had left the room and they were alone in the room that Kakashi started. “What’s going on?”

“It’s just like Sakura said; some of Iruka’s injuries aren’t healing like they should. But we’re working on that so there’s no need to worry. It’s actually good you came by, because I could use your skills in this…”

“So you’re saying it’s an infection or something like that?” Kakashi said, rudely interrupting his hokage.

Tsunade looked up from his papers curiously at one of his most skilled ninja. In this small time that she had been the kage of Konoha, Kakashi had always acted strictly professional when dealing with work and mostly bored when interacting socially. So hearing this much passion, impatience and worry in the voice of man who seemed intact in every situation was indeed extremely curious.

“That we have excluded out”.

“Then what is it?” Kakashi asked impatiently. He was aware in some level that his cover was faltering but at that point keeping his act up seemed like the most insignificant thing one could do. He just wanted to know what was wrong with Iruka and more importantly, what could they do to help him.

“We really don’t know at this point”, Tsunade started but since the look on Kakashi’s only visible eye clearly demanded more she couldn’t leave it like that. “His body has healed completely except for the casualties of his… sexual assault. We don’t know if it’s a jutsu or poison or something entirely else that is preventing his body from healing in that part, but we are working with it. Sakura has barely slept in the past few days, trying to come up with a counter-jutsu or cure. His condition is in no way life-threatening all though it must be really uncomfortable when his… insides aren’t healing”

“I assume his condition is Mizuki’s doings?” Kakashi started and continued without bothering to wait Tsunade’s answer. “So ask him what he did. That’s why we have him in the custody, right? To acquire information”.

“True, but we have an undergoing investigation going on that is more urgent at the moment than Iruka’s condition”, Tsunade said lowering her face back to her papers. “As for the mission I mentioned, I need you to… ”

But as Tsunade raised her eyes to meet Kakashi once again she noticed she had spoken to mere air.


*

“You! I need the prisoner number 257498 to be brought here”, Kakashi said, his chilly voice giving the young watch-ninja a nice jump.

“Yes, sir!” The young boy squealed and started to run away but stopped after few steps.

“Ummm… I need the permission from Ibiki-sama before…”

“Well that’s a shame since he’s unattainable at the moment”, Kakashi said with a harsh voice. He had made sure of that by finally using the favor Anko owed him and making her to ask the head of AMBU interrogation and torture department to go and have lunch with her.

“Now bring that prisoner”, Kakashi said icily again and stepped inside the interrogation room three on his left, knowing the young ninja was already running to fulfill his command.

The smell of blood and sweat was hanging heavy on the air of the dimly lit room. Kakashi had to admit that he felt little guilty invading Ibiki-sama’s space like this, but there was really no way around it. If Tsunade wasn’t ready to ask the right questions, Ibiki-sama would be like that too. He just hoped he could live up to Ibiki-sama’s skills and get the answer dug out of Mizuki.

It was good that bringing Mizuki seemed to take some while. For probably in the first of his life he actually needed some time to gain the control of himself. The fact that Mizuki had used the oldest humiliation and power tool against Iruka shouldn’t make a soldier like him upset at all. Hell, Iruka himself had took it like it had been just a part of the fight; just like him and any well trained soldier would take it if it happened to oneself. The fact that Kakashi was ready to rip Mizuki’s head off for even touching his kind hearted chuunin, must meant he really did care Iruka: probably even more than he had realized.

And now he was on merge of meeting the very man that had besides hurt Iruka, also done something else that made the man he cared most suffer. It really took all Kakashi’s will power to calm him enough to meet Mizuki face to face

But as the young watch-ninja brought the silver haired chuunin to the interrogation room, Kakashi found it actually easy to jump to the safety of his cold, heartless role of a top class jounin. He sat quietly the whole time that the young ninja needed to sit Mizuki down and unlock his shackles. There was no need to restrain him in any way. There was no chance for a prisoner like him to get out alive from the hands of a shinobi with class like Kakashi had.

It wasn’t until the ninja escorting Mizuki into the interrogation room left that one of them spoke.

“Sooo~ Ibiki already got bored with me?” Mizuki asked with a voice that tried to sound amused but to his ears, sound only stretched and tense.

For few seconds, Kakashi only watched the sorry excuse of a man in front of him. It seemed Ibiki-sama had already used a nice amount of techniques to the chuunin, but from the cold ‘no’ from Tsunade, it seemed the man had not yet broken. He just hoped that whatever he wasn’t ready to tell under Ibiki-sama’s torture was far more important than the mystery of Iruka’s inability to heal properly.

“My name is Hatake Kakashi and I’m here for the investigation of the events that followed after the escape of a prisoner number 257498. Would you please state your name for the record”, Kakashi said expressionless. The room had auto-record, so if he were here to oppose the rules of interrogation at least he would do it by the book.

“Toji Mizuki”, the silver haired chuunin said without objections.

Good. The man already knew what happened if he didn’t answer.

“During your escape, you confronted heavy resistance in the form a shinobi called Umino Iruka, correct”, Kakashi continued, still keeping his voice as colorless as his expression.

“I confronted little resistance”, Mizuki corrected his voice tensing.

“The named chuunin was able to cease your escape and bring you back was he not? I would call that heavy resistance”, Kakashi said, allowing some mocking to his voice. As if a man with Mizuki’s talent could even think looking down to his Iruka.

“That was just luck. Besides his resistance has always been very weak. This was no exception”, Mizuki said, actually broad enough to smile smugly.

For powers he didn’t even know to possess, Kakashi was able to keep his voice and face stern for both Mizuki’s answer as well as for his next question. “During this resistance, you sexually assaulted Umino Iruka, did you not?”

“I fucked him if those fancy words were supposed to mean th~aaargh!” Mizuki started with that smugly grin but ended with squall. He hadn’t even noticed Kakashi to pull one of his kunai, let alone been able draw his hand out of the way. His eyes just barely caught Kakashi’s next movements, but he was still too slow to actually react to them.

“Oh, but I don’t think that was all you did, Mizu-bo”, Kakashi hissed in a low, dangerous voice that chilled the air they were breathing. He had seized Mizuki’s left hand the way it only needed little struggle or some force from him to break it and one swift kick had flown the chair Mizuki had sat, to the other corner of the room, forcing Mizuki on his knees. His right arm though was still pinned to the table by Kakashi’s kunai.

“Of course I~ngh”, Mizuki started, but his coming answer was cut by Kakashi’s right hand that pulled his kunai towards them, making a nice inch long cut to the table and - needles to say - Mizuki’s hand.

“We know you fancy all kinds of nice drugs and poisons so what was it, some blood dilution poison? We all know your genjutsu could never fool Iruka’s body this long”, Kakashi said, drawing the kunai yet another half inches towards him.

For his great shock, Mizuki answered this by a laugh - pained laugh but laugh still.

“So he’s suffering then? That means my little gift will remind him of me for some ti~aarh!” Mizuki said but was surprisingly again cut by Kakashi action - the pain of those actions turning him to white and making him scream like an animal.

Mizuki was tuck from his collar up and against the wall where Kakashi held him tightly from the neck. Both of his arms were hanging injured on his sides - other’s bones broken and the other’s palm ripped in half. The med-ninja’s would have some excellent training material after Kakashi was through with the chuunin whose only matching quality with him was the hair color.

“If he was actually suffering I would have already skinned you out”, Kakashi said, his voice so calm it felt like it was ripping your spine off and his kunai in his right hand traveling dangerously close to Mizuki's private parts. "Now would you like to tell me what exactly that thing you did to Iruka was? I'm sure even the most talented med-ninja could not stitch this back together".

Kakashi never knew if Mizuki would have answered his question or not, because that was the time Ibiki-sama opened the door to the interrogation room 3.

"We thank you Hatake-sama for your efforts. I think I will continue from this", Ibiki said with a stern voice. Kakashi couldn't feel anything out of ordinary from the master torturer and interrogation captain, but he knew the man well enough to lay his hands off from Mizuki, letting him fall to the stony floor.

He left Mizuki silently and was already on the door when he heard the pained but yet pleased voice of his behind him. "If this place taught me something it’s how to make something to yours only. And you're never going to get anything from Iruka. Not unless you force it. And I doubt there's enough man in you to go that far".

And with that, the door closed between them.
Sign up to rate and review this story