Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > This Is how We'll Be, Oh Glory.

I'll be stuck fixated on one star.

by xcandix 3 reviews

oh boy, oh boy.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2008-06-14 - Updated: 2008-06-14 - 1377 words

0Unrated
Maddy's POV.


The movers were just about done moving my stuff and Brendon was at the old apartment loading everything into the his car to bring over here. I walked into our bedroom and ella followed. I began unpacking my clothes and such and hanging them up. I did the same with Brendon's.


"All done Ms.Soprano. I just need you to sign these papers." The manager of the moving company handed me a small packet of papers. They basically stated that I had everything and none of it was broken. I thanked him, tipped him, and then he was off. I continued unpacking and I put on some music. It was Brendon's ipod, so as you can imagine I was getting every kind of music under the sun when I put it on shuffle. We had a walk-in closet, so I was in there making things looked organized. I heard the music stop. I walked back out into the room to see Brendon standing in the door way.


"Want some lunch," he smiled holding up a burger king bag.


"MMM fast food! My favorite," I laughed in a sarcastic tone. I followed him into the kitchen.


"Here you go," he said placing the bag in front of me. I looked over at the counter and there was a long bag from some clothing store lying across it.


"What's that?" I asked pointing towards the bag.


"Oh," he smiled and walked over to it," this is what you are going to wear tonight." He pulled the dress out of the bag. It was a long, dark blue gown with lighter blue fabric that crisscrossed on the top. (here the dress http://www.bcbg.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2974959&cp=2769162.2768981&page=2&parentPage=family)


I gasped at the sight of the gown, it was beautiful.


"Wow...Brendon...it's...it's...wait where are we going?"


A smile ran across his face.


"I can't tell you that," he answered as he walked towards the bedroom. I followed him into the room.


"Why not?"


"It's a surprise," he said as he grabbed a towel.


"And what are you wearing?"


"A suit," he smiled as he walked into the bathroom," Now I have to take a shower. Do you want to join me?"


"No You're being cruel and I haven't finished my lunch," I replied walking out of the room. He laughed and shut the door. I actually didn't end up eating lunch, I went back into the kitchen and admired the dress. I had to hand it to him, it was an amazing choice. I heard the bedroom door open and Brendon walked out with nothing but a towel on around his waist.


"You're turn," he said with that confident smile he had been wearing all day. He wrapped his arms around me.


"You're still all wet," I laughed.


"You better go get ready, you only have an hour."


"Ugh, fine," I replied carefully picking up the dress and walking into the bathroom. I took a quick shower. I couldn't help but wonder what he was planning. It could not have been a party because the dress was way too formal. Maybe it was a party, but a formal one? He was driving me crazy! I stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around myself. I quickly blow dried my hair and put on my make-up.


"Ten minutes, Maddy!" I heard from the other side of the door.


"I'm almost ready!" I slipped into the dress and took one last look in the mirror. I was excited, but even more nervous. His spontaneity was a bit intimidating. I stepped out of the bathroom.


"Well don't you look beautiful," he complimented as he gave me a kiss.


"You're not looking too shabby either," I replied. He took my hand and lead me out of the apartment, to the elevator, and down to the lobby of our apartment building. We walked outside to find a limo waiting for us.


"Uh, Bren?" I asked looking at him with a question.


"What, it's you're twentieth birthday I had to go all out."


We sat in the back of the limo. The driver acknowledged Brendon and I, and then he was off. It wasn't long before we came to a stop, maybe 10 minutes. We were at a quieter part of the city. Brendon stepped out of the limo and took my hand to help me out.


"Where are we?" I asked as I looked up at an old-style building.


"You'll see," he whispered. We walked inside and he took my hand as he lead me up numerous flights of stairs.


"Bredon why didn't we just take the elevator, these heels are killing me."


"It doesn't work. This building used to be a hotel, but it shut down about ten years ago. It doesn't matter," he smiled,"we're here." He opened a door to a rooftop garden.


"Wow," I looked out and saw a small candlelight table surrounded by tons of flowers and trees," you can see most of Vegas from here."


"I thought you would like it," he kissed my neck as he wrapped her arms around me.


"Ready to eat?" he whispered in a low tone.


I nodded my head and followed him to the table. He pulled out a chair for me.


"Wow you are being quite the gentleman" I laughed.


"Yea, well I wanted to give you a better birthday than last year."


"Last year?"


"Yea we spent it on a tour bus."


"It wasn't that bad," I smiled. We started eating.



"It could have been way better, so could you're birthday the year before that."


"Now what was wrong with my 18th birthday?"


"Nothing except for the horribly decorated hotel room."


"Hey, I thought it looked nice. Besides that was one of my favorite birthdays."


"I wonder why," he smiled. We finished up eating. He put a small box on the table in front of me.


"What's this," I asked.


"Just open it."


I opened the top of the box and found a small cupcake with a candle in it. It had purple frosting, purple was my favorite color. I pulled it out of the box. He took out a lighter and lit the candle. He stood up out of his chair and began singing in a whispery tone.


"Happy Birthday to you," he began as he walked over towards my chair,"Happy Birthday to you," he continued as he took my hand and pulled me up off the chair," Happy Birthday Day dear Maddy," He walked me into the center of the garden," Happy Birthday to you," He finished giving my a kiss on the forehead. I wrapped my arms around him, never wanted the feeling of security and comfort have gave me to go away.


"I'm glad the sky is clear tonight," he began," I know you look the moon and star and I really want you to remember this forever."


"Remember what?" I asked.


"This," he began to get down on one knee and pull out a tiny black box from his pocket. I felt my breath stop at the bottom of my throat," Maddy you mean the world to me. I don't think I could ever live without you again. I know we're young, but I don't think I've ever seen two people that love each other more than I love you and you love me," he took my hand, opened the box to unveil the most breathtaking ring I've ever seen, and slid it on my fine," Maddy, please marry me?"


I looked down into those pools of brown eyes and his hair laying loosely around his face. I felt warm tears brim my eyelids.


"Yes," I barely made it out. He smiled and got off of his knee. He wiped away my tears with his callused thumb and kissed me gently.


"I love you," he whispered.


"I love you, too."








*so, what do you think?!?! lol did you expect it. I was trying to make it somewhat surprising. Anyways there is probably only going to be one chapter of this story left, but no fear there will be a sequel. Thank you to Freya_X and ilo9vemcrgmfrb for the reviews. they are much appreciated.*
Sign up to rate and review this story