Categories > Anime/Manga > Death Note > Out of Control

Chapter 2

by Lororie 1 review

Raito receives a shocking surprise.

Category: Death Note - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: L,Yagami Raito - Published: 2008-06-15 - Updated: 2008-06-17 - 731 words

0Unrated
Raito was lost in deep thoughts of his own. Staring blankly at the computer screen, he was wrapped in a pointless cycle of thoughts centered on his ‘girlfriend’, Misa.

It isn’t like she doesn’t like me. She’s certainly good looking, and she’s very popular. Sure, I hate her personality, but that has never stopped me from getting physical before…but lately, I haven’t been able to. It isn’t even just her – ALL of my dates have been that way, and I’ve been forced to keep them platonic. Just what is going on here? Am I getting too wrapped up in the Kira mind games? Kira will need a successor, though…I could always patronize an orphanage…but a kid of my own would be nice. But that’s impossible if I can’t get something going with Misa, or some other girl. It isn’t like she doesn’t WHAT ON EARTH!?!?

This interruption was brought about by a sudden spinning sensation and a rather violent kiss from someone decidedly NOT Misa. Startled, Raito pushed against the other person, shoving L back and causing him to fall over. Stunned beyond comprehension, Raito simply stared at L for a full minute before L finally spoke.
“Well, that certainly lowers the probability of you being Kira.”

Raito managed to gather his wits at the sound of his more commonly-used name, and deduced that L had turned his computer chair and...well...kissed him. He responded eloquently.

"Huh?"
"I said, Raito-kun, that the probability of you being Kira was just lowered."
“What, you think Kira is gay? What makes you think that?
“Nothing, Raito-kun. Merely a different theory I had come up with.”
“…huh?”
“…never mind. Do you know if any of that ice cream is left?”
“Almost all of it. You only got it yesterday and no one else has touched it; you only ate a third of the carton last night.”
“Ah, that’s right. I wasn’t very hungry after that pie…”

Raito rolled his eyes and pretended to get back to work, as L sauntered over to one of the small fridges he kept in every room. As Raito sat there, his thoughts moved on to another pointless cycle.

What the HELL was that? What the hell WAS that? WHAT the hell was THAT? What the HELL was that?

Quickly bored of this cycle, Raito automatically began to analyze what little information he had.

*He KISSED me. And he mentioned Kira. Obviously, it’s connected with the case; just as obviously, it was an attempt to catch me off guard. He didn’t say it cleared me of suspicion, merely lowered the possibility, but I’m getting used to that. I doubt I’ll ever be totally cleared of suspicion; he’s too smart for that. But what lowered the possibility? My rejection? It had to be. Meaning Kira would have accepted it? So Kira has to be gay? But L said that “nothing” made him think that, and he never develops a theory without evidence. So it’s a different theory he was testing…why would a male accept a kiss from a male if he wasn’t gay? ...to avoid upsetting him. So Kira would want to avoid upsetting L? Ah. IF I were Kira, I would want to avoid upsetting L. Well, that’s true enough. And that’s why it only lowered the possibility, because he was calculating in my possible automatic reactions. Hmm.

However…I was more turned on by that kiss than I have been by ANY kiss I’ve EVER gotten from a girl.

Hmm.

Am I gay?

Hmm.

Does it matter? Can I really act on this? If I tried to make a move on L, wouldn’t that just prove I’m Kira? Even if it didn’t, how the HELL could I balance being in a relationship with my biggest enemy?

Do I really want a relationship?

…yes. If I get involved with L, I want it to be more than a fling. We’re both too smart for a fling to mean nothing; we’d both wind up over-analyzing it. At least if we over-analyze a relationship, we can still talk about it without it being as awkward.

Hmm.

I want a relationship with my enemy. This complicates things.

Sounds like fun.*
Sign up to rate and review this story