- OK, OK, so it wasn't Dumbledore behind it, it was very nicely played out though. I wonder what the long term effects of Clause 9 will be for Daphne? I'm assuming that won't be much of a "long term" left for the count.
If the range of the journals is only 30 meters or so than Harry has something dramatic planned for the Wizengamut. I wonder what? I'm thinking it can go one of two ways. One, he signs the contract and then confronts Greenglass with breach of it and all sorts of honor violations with his selling his daughter twice. I'm assuming Daddy is going to be in a world of hurt, physical or financial. the count himself is likely to face a duel with TBWL.
Or else, Dumbledore could use this as a wadge against Harry. He will support the Count's position over Harry's unless Harry tells him the truth about what happened with Voldemort. It would give harry a chance to out DD publicly for all his underhanded dealings.
Or else you could go a totally different way with this and take us all by surprise.
Nice chapter, especially Tracey telling Harry bloody Potter that he better find a way to fix this. I also loved Neville's putting Daphne's dad in his place. Imagine being told by a 17 year old kid that you has ideas above your station and having to meekly take it publicly?
Author's response- She and Harry will have a lot to deal with... I don't think it's much of a spoiler that he's going to 'save' her.
- Harry is in the Chambers of the Wizengamot, yes. Daphne learned her Slytherin lessons well enough to not look around for him.
- Note that Harry declined the contract, and that the Romanian accepted his... Harry's contract is legally void... Important word there, legally. Being Romanian, and removed from the whole Voldemort thing, you can count on the Count (or at least his protective detail) not really believing the legend of the BWL...
- Neville has Harry's back...
- I'm really, really enjoying this story! I didn't expect the Harry/Daphne angle (I'm almost exclusively an HHr shipper), but you've done a great job with this and I'm very impressed. The writing is tight and well thought out and you've done a great job with the story line. It moves and flows honestly and there are no jagged points or glaring omissions that make the story uneven.
SO - please keep writing!
- CLIFF HANGERS!!! GRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!
Still????? Makes for a perfect setup for a tremendous blow off.
Perfect time for "Harry James Potter-Black" to announce himself and demand satisfaction, on:
1. Dumbledork gets all his behind the scenes control revealed;
His and Weasley's Mother and younger children's plans, betrayal and theft shown with the help of the goblin's;
and, Dumbledork finally gets to find out how Moldishorts died and can be offered the chance to experience it too (others have hidden problems by transfiguring it into something else, simple and small; nice time to reverse it).
2. Harry now has Daphne's contract, bet Goblin's could show it as signed shortly after originally received;
Daphne's father would really in trouble since he would have interfered with the courtship, and has helped arranged her rape while she is effectively under Harry's protection.
The father and Count who did the rape could be arrested,
it is revealed that Harry now owns ALL the pairs debts, now called due, then they are challenged (speciously fun if its after Harry has revealed the death of the dark lord and done something about dumbledore).
Not trying to write your story, just like being evil on occasion. Thanks for the chance.
Also thanks a VERY GOOD read, I definitely looking forward to seeing where you go with this.
May the MUSES always be with you!!!
Sign up to review this story.