(#) AnthonyR224 2008-09-15good story so far. but what exactly is the crossover? im not a stranger to reading fanfics with crossovers ive never heard of (god knows ive read plenty of them on TTH) im just curious exactly what the crossover for this one is called.
Author's response- The cross is with the Destroyer series by Richard Sapir and Warren Murphy.
- I have three pieces of proof that you're not working hard enough to get more of this story posted. First is that you haven't posted any more yet! Second is that I've now read the first 15 Destroyer books - OMG awesomeness (the only thing I dislike is that there's not a goal to the overall series, and I think that's a big detriment). The third reason is, of course, that no matter how fast you posted more of this story it would never be fast enough. I think I may have to hire Chiun to track you down.
I've been thinking though. Thin man, fat man, two typhoons and the place of dead animals... what if Nuihc threw in with Voldie? hehe
Author's response-Well, a meeting of those egos would result in one of the dead. And I suspect that Tommy would be the one.
- Great reviews. Learn just from reading. Buts that's me.
I gave up collecting the Remo Williams series somewhere after 80 or 90. Silly, gross, and/or repetitious.
Have all the Harry Potters series. Not bad, but after the 4th, things kinda went downhill.
Like every one else, I have never seen this x-over before. Your version promises to be quite entertaining. (grin) Fun too.
This question begs to be asked: any chance Harry will develop a permanent, active and supportive (emotionally, physically (possible combat), and economically) harem (like "Witches Secret"). From your description, it looks like Harry could keep them happy.
Thanks for the very good read. I look forward to seeing where you go with this.
May the MUSES always be with you!!!
Author's response- Yeah, Warren Murphy left the series around 80-85, he's back now, but I haven't read the new book he co-wrote yet.
- No, no harem. I don't write them for a lot of reasons, one of them being I don't believe they are actually viable, the social dynamics of several people are far too complex to be stable. Since I can't see anyway for them to work, I can't write them. I'm more than willing to insert myself in someone else's reality, but I've got to believe in the interpersonal stuff in order to write it.
- I had to quit reading Witches Secret when Harry nailed Hedwig, but it was already becoming far too... complex for my taste when you needed a score card to identify what woman was climbing upon his magnificent organ for the eighty third time that day. Like everything else, YMMV.
- Thanks for your review...
- Liked it a lot, haven't seen a HP/Destroyer crossover before. Very original.
Wish Remo wasn't so absent, though. My favorite parts of the Destroyer books are Remo and Chiun carping at each other. Otherwise, can't find much fault. Eagerly awaiting more, if such is in the cards.
- I'm baffled and intrigued. The very thought of a Sinanju wizard sends my mind reeling. Thank you.
Isn't it fun to think that "everything's been done" and then you find something like this? Something so off the wall that there's not even a house in sight? I just love it. Thanks for making my evening.
Author's response- Sun Source is an experiment for me, trying to see if I can write the >10k word mega chapters the big boys routinely manage.
- I'm trying to capture the flavor of the Destoryer novels and graft that onto a Harry Potter story. While I won't manage the level of smut you do so well, Harry is going to be working his way through the female population of Hogwarts... Possibly even Narcissa, just so Draco can find them...
- Well, I've never read any of the Remo Williams stuff, but this story has piqued my interest. After all it has two of my favorite things: Harry Potter and ninja. (Okay, so I'm greatly understating the nature of the Shinanju - see statement #1, above.)
I hope there will be explanations of some kind (direct conversation, flashbacks, whatever) that will detail how Hogwarts et. al. dealt with the problems of 1st through 5th years without their hero. I also hope that said explanations don't consume entire chapters. Curious as I am about those events, I'm more interested in the forthcoming action, than past events.
I think the question that it foremost in my mind at the moment is, with all his knowledge/experience in sex, will Harry enter into an actual romantic relationship with someone, or just "play the field" for the course of this story? And if so, will it be an exclusive relationship or no (and of course, with whom)?
Author's response- Details of the last five years? No. I covered the high points in chapter one.
- Harry wouldn't really care about what had happened at Hogwarts in the past, though the effects of their shared experiences will have effected the students that are there. Conversations about 'Remember when Ginny killed all the roosters?' aren't going to be happening.
- No ship. No romance (on Harry's part) which isn't to say that Harry won't be making friends... The current plan, in keeping with the sensibilities of the Destroyer novels will have Harry happily working his way through his classmates of the female variety, including, perhaps a MILF or two.
- On deck: Susan Bones. Never going to happen, not in a billion years: Cho Chang. Chiun would kill him for fraternizing with a Chinese girl...
Sign up to review this story.