Second Year begins, The Second Years are introduced to the horror that is the OWL Project
- Nice to see a chapter (not that I can talk, since I still owe everyone an epilogue).
I rather enjoy the who's who when you introduce a bunch of new heros, but then, it's been almost 40 years since I've read Marvel
Author's response- The Who's Who will return when I bring in a crowd of cameos, but other than that, there's really no need.
- I do agree with erik above. It feels like you only got halfway. That's it for the downside. This week's special was the conversation between the boys. I just love this pseudo-adult way of speaking that you have given Harry, and the frank openness between them was brilliant. It added a dimension to both characters, and Harry became a lot less über, and their advancing age was stressed brilliantly. Harry needs to horse around more about , well, nonsense i think. It adds flavour, and you do it very well.
Oh, and do bad things to Ginny. You can't abuse a character if no character is present. You're more than a little sneaky about her. I like.
Author's response- For this story I'm aiming at 5-6k words per chapter, and trying not to have the flashbacks outweigh the 'present' of the story. Dumbles gets yelled at next time, and Harry gets his first visit with Cassandra Webb...
- Harry needs a buddy to pal around with. For this story Ron wouldn't work, and none of the male 'claws do anything for me, Neville makes the best choice as a school year counter point to Franklyn Richards. The two of them have so much in common given how they came to be with their current families. And their friendship allows me to have a non-magical non-Voldemort adventure the summer after 2nd year...
- I also wanted to put in story my reasons for Harry Stark not to be worshiping at the altar of Lily and James like canon Harry Potter did.
- Good chapter. It is always fun to see an update to your fine story. I think that the conversation with Dumbledore should be enjoyable but if Dumbledore trully gets swatted, would he try some of the things he has with regard to Harry? Thanks for writing. W.
Author's response- He won't get quite the dressing down that he got in the Great Hall, but he will be pointed chastised for his actions. Dumbles will be putting it down to being on Stark's Home Ground as it were.
- is it weird that i enjoyed your AN almost as much as the actual chapter? eh, well. good chapter but you're killing me with the suspended meeting between stark and dumbles. looking forward to the next exciting installation, as always!
- I like the Who's Who, but I'm a geek who loves backstory, and reads footnote, even though I haven't written something to be graded in decades. If I'm in a 'verse that I enjoy, like this one, I'll settle in with a blanket and popcorn for a lovely evening.
I'm very much looking forward to whatever 'science project' Harry comes up with re:the crystals. I'd love to see him give a non-magic compatible one to Tony for Christmas. It would be fun to see if the possibilities zipping through Tony's brain would fry his inventing chip. Poor Remus, he should have gotten his Marauder on and gone after Harry and gone muggle with him, instead of beating his werewolf chest.
So good to see more, thanks for this!
- I would not change what I wanted to do based upon reviewers. If you want the who's who list in the story; put it in. If you don't then take it out. I really think readers expect too much. I will get off my soapbox and say I love reading your story and thanks for writing.