Harry visits the Temple twice.
- Who's to say that isn't gay? If Dumbledark and Grindlewald were, why not Riddle? For that matter, it's pretty conclusive that Riddle would do ANYTHING to become immortal.
I do wonder how and if you're going to make Harry an immortal - could he make a horcrux from Riddle's death without denting his conscience?
If, also, this is an H/HR fic, I can't see him doing it without her (if he has the stomach to do it at all) - in fact, her being the thinker and him being the doer is what always attracted me to that ship. Unlike the brains and brawn of R/HR, which is little more than petty squabbling that allows nothging to get done, H/HR is a power greater than the sum of its parts.
I wonder if you can make a horcrux by accident, or through the efforts of others - could the brotherhood make a horcrux for Harry, if it's by his hand that Voldemort is killed?
I think my brain is leaking out my ear.
Author's responseFor me, 'gay' implies an active sexual interest in one's own gender, and I don't see Riddle in having an active sexual interest at all.
If the story ends at the triwizard, Harry wouldn't want to be stuck in his 15 year old body. If it goes past that, maybe
- Many thanks for the latest chapters Dr. T! And I agree with you, Tom would do anything to further his aims. Shrug, and of course he'd search out others with a similar mindset to help him. I'm glad that Hermione, Harry, and Luna are so close, and that they also have strong friendships with Neville and others as well. Any chance that you'll show a scene of Draco in Paraguay? He'd have one of the worst cases of culture shock ever seen! (snicker) Thanks again for your fantastic story!
Author's responseYes, there will be a scene of Draco and Mummy in exile.
- So, you end the latest chapter with a half naked 14-year-old girl walking along the beach. And, you do it from her view point so we have no idea how nubile she is. MEAN.
Just like Lucy in the last chapter--the brotherhood should cleanse itself soon.
Great story. One thing about magic stories is the fact that there never seems to be any new magic and all the really great magic somehow gets lost in time, only to re-appear when needed. Never made any sense that magic starts out fully formed and seems to shrink with age in terms of knowledge.
Any of the brotherhood make any philosoper's stones? Are there any sisters to go with the brotherhood?
Will Harry bond with Herms and Luna (and, maybe, Ginny)?
Will the twins ever start pranking? Will the Weasley twins and the Patil twins ever get together?
Author's responseNope, no sisters in the brotherhood, why will be discussed later. Ginny is out of the Harry Sweepstakes. The twins are pranking in the background, but not affecting Harry.
- noylj: consider that were some mentions of changes to the magic (e.g. wands being mentioned as invented later than cobra being alive).
Also consider that with the "rise" of the muggle world (and that "rise" was rome btw) the "age of legends" was replaced by the "age of reason" (titles of 2 books covering those periods). It could be rather easily argued that the golden age of wizardry was first before the rise of rome and then later in the dark ages with merlin heralding it.
(#) Meteoricshipyards 2008-01-30 01:32:49 PMInteresting -- problems in the ranks of the immortals. When the gods war, mortals better stay out of the way.
Hmmm, would be interesting if when it came time to execute Voldemort, Harry used his death to create his first horcrux.
It looked like a Harry/Hermione story at first, but I'm glad to see Luna involved.
Like the story. Thanks for sharing.
- Great fic, I'm really enjoying this one and I love the brotherhood, especially the fact that you didn't make them all perfect. The fact that someone like Agathon exists in it side by side with members like Jason and Osiris is great.
I was having some trouble with the kids ages, but then I remembered that Hermione is suppoused to be 10 months older than Harry (or used to be) and it all made sense again.
Well, I'm off to finish reading the fic, I still have a few chapters to go, but I just wanted to take this oportunity to start asking for an update. :)
Please update soon.
Author's responseCan't tell which chpater you're on, but I just updated yesterday, and update every weekend or two