Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Love Knows No Age - Continued

Losing Faith - JUNE 17

by AlexSanDee 6 reviews

Kara gets a surprise, an unwelcome text and Gerard tells Mikey that Monica has moved out of the house.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-06-16 - Updated: 2008-06-17 - 1665 words

5Moving
Kara threw open the door and launched herself into his arms. Bob had just enough time to drop his bags in order to catch her.
“Oh, Bobby. You’re here.” She rained kisses over his face.
“Christ, woman. You’d think I’d been gone for years.” He laughed. It felt so good to have her in his arms.
“It seems like years.” Kara said hugging him tightly, “But you’re supposed to be on tour. What are you doing here?”
“You don’t think I’d miss seeing my wife graduate, do you?” He bent down and picked up his bag as Kara stepped back.
“You came for my graduation?’ She giggled, “Oh shit. I can’t believe it. Do you have to go back on Thursday?” She asked knowing the group had a concert Friday night.
“Not going back.” Bob said as they moved into the apartment.
Kara gave him a shocked look. “You’re not?”
Bob set the bags down and closed the door, “Nope, I told the guys I wasn’t gonna finish the tour. They only have six more dates anyway.”
Kara’s eyes narrowed, “Bob, what’s wrong? You hate to miss concerts.”
He sighed, “I’m tired.” He said simply, “Tired of it all.”
“Come on.” Kara took his hand and led him to the sofa. Once he was seated she snuggled in his lap, “Now tell me what’s going on?”
Bob had hoped they could have this conversation later but he knew how his wife could be when her mind was set on something. “It’s not like it used to be. There’s so much stress anymore.” He stroked her hair, “I don’t know what’s gonna happen to the band at the end of this tour but I’m not sure anymore if I want to be a part of it.”

Mikey looked down at his phone and frowned. He read the text again and shook his head.
“What’s wrong?” Gerard asked as he fell into the chair next to his brother.
“Uh, nothing.” Mikey said snapping his phone closed.
Gerard shook his head, “Come on, I can tell something’s up. Who’s the text from?”
“You wouldn’t fucking believe me if I told you.” Mikey gave a disgusted snort.
Gerard looked over at him, “Tell me.”
“Eliza just sent me a text cause she’s worried about you.”
“She still has your number?’ Gerard was shocked. At one time Eliza and Mikey had been good friends. That was years ago. He couldn’t believe she still had his brother’s number.
“Well, yeah. I’ve never changed my number.” Mikey shrugged.
“So what does it say?” Gerard asked.
Mikey wanted to change the subject. The last thing in the world he wanted to happen was for Gerard to start hanging with Eliza again. She was trouble. “I told you.” He answered and started to get up.
“Hey, wait.” Gerard said putting his hand out. “I want to know what she said.”
Mikey gave him an incredulous look, “Are you serious? Don’t you remember what happened last time you hung with her?”
Gerard remembered it well. He’d hurt and almost lost Monica. Yes, he knew the kind of woman Eliza was but what did it matter now? He’d lost Monica. “Give me her number.” He said.

“Oh fuck, can this get any worse?” Ray exploded when Mikey told him about Eliza’s text and Gerard wanting her number. “What the fuck is wrong with him?”
Mikey looked away, “I think he just doesn’t care about anything anymore. It’s like he’s trying to destroy himself.”
Ray shook his head, “Yeah, and he’s taking the rest of us with him.” He left Mikey standing alone just staring out the hotel window at the rain clouds.

“I can’t believe she’d do this.” Alicia said sitting down without looking first. “Oh shit.” She said as Pumpkin gave her an evil glare for sitting on her tail. “I almost squished one of the cats,” Alicia explained.
“I just want to talk to her, you know?” Christa said unhappily.
Alicia tried to think, “Donna has her number but she won’t give it to me. I wonder if I ask her to tell Monica we want to talk to her she’ll relay the message.”
“You can try.” Christa said, “She has to know that no matter what she’s still our friend.”
“I just can’t believe this is happening.” Alicia said, “I keep thinking Gee will come home and they will work this out.”
Christa sighed, “I was hoping that too but now I’m losing faith.”
“Why?”
“I just got off the phone and I guess from what he said Gerard may be speaking to Eliza again.”
“Oh, you have got to be fucking kidding me.” Alicia shouted. “Has the man completely lost his mind?”
“Yeah,” Christa said sadly, “I think he really has.”

Gerard sipped his latte and looked down at his phone. Why the fuck not call her, he thought. She’s what I deserve. He remembered back to the conversation he’d overheard. Eliza didn’t really care about him, she never had. He could let her pretend to care and really, even that was more then he deserved. He picked up the phone and started to text. Halfway through he changed his mind. He sat a moment then punched in a number.

“It’s because of Mom isn’t it?”
Bob stroked her bare arm, “Uh, do we have to talk about this now?” He asked while pulling Kara’s nude body over his.
As his hand ran down her back Kara sighed, “I guess now isn’t a good time.”
He wrapped his arms around her, “No, not a good time.” He said.
Kara lowered her lips to his. Her tongue darted out to run along his bottom lip. She used it to flick his lip ring.
“God, I’ve missed you.” Bob whispered. He suddenly rolled them both over so the Kara laid beneath him. As he lowered his lips to her breast his cell phone rang.
“Shit.” He muttered.
Kara looked over at his clothes that were a wadded mess on the floor. “Think you should get that?”
Bob closed his eyes, “No.”
Still the phone continued to ring. “You might as well cause uh, it’s affecting your concentration,” Kara said smiling softly.
“Fuck” Bob rolled off her and the bed. He reached down and grabbed his phone from his pants pocket. “It’s Gerard.”
Kara rolled her eyes, “Why am I not surprised?”
“Yeah?’ Bob said into the phone.
“Hey,” Gerard said. “I uh, just wanted to make sure you made it back okay.”
Bob moved over to the bed and sat down, “Yeah, I’m here with Kara.”
“That’s good.” He lapsed into silence.
“Did you want something?” Bob asked.
Gerard lit a cigarette, “So you’re with Kara right now?”
“Yeah,”
“Uh, how is she?”
Bob looked over at his wife, “She’s fine.”
Once again Gerard grew silent.
“Gee.” Bob started to tell him that he would call him back when Gerard broke in.
“Can I talk to her a minute?”
“He wants to talk to you.” Bob said watching her reaction closely.
Kara looked at the phone in Bob’s hand. She slowly reached for it. “Hello.”
“Hey, Kara.” Gerard cleared this throat, “Uh, I’ve been trying to get a hold of your mom.”
“She’s moved out of the house.” Kara said without emotion.
Gerard closed his eyes, “Yeah, I know, mom told me. I need to talk to her.”
Kara tried to gather her thoughts, “I can tell her that.” She finally answered.
“Thanks.” Gerard said softly. He disconnected without a goodbye.
“Tell her what?” Bob asked as Kara set the phone down on the nightstand.
“He wants to talk to her.”
Bob was unaware of the situation until now, “So she’s moved out?”
Kara nodded.
“Why didn’t you tell me? When did she move?”
Laying back down Kara closed her eyes, “She moved out on Sunday. She didn’t want me to tell anyone.”
Bob was still trying to make sense of everything, “I don’t get it. Why doesn’t she just call him?”
“She left the cell phones with Donna. Mom doesn’t want anything of his.”
“Oh” Bob said as he laid back down next to her. “I see.” He looked over at his wife, “Are you gonna tell her?”
Kara sighed but didn’t answer.

Mikey has stood at the entrance of the coffee shop watching his brother on the phone. Now he quickly made his way to the table. “So have a nice talk?”
Gerard looked up at him, “What?”
“You and Eliza. Did you have a nice talk?” Mikey spat.
“Mikey, sit down.” Gerard said seeing the anger in his brother’s eyes,
“No, I don’t wanna sit down. Damn it, Gee. What the fuck are you doing? Why would you call her? You are gonna fuck up any chance you have to fix things with Monica.”
“Mikey, please sit down.” Gerard said again.
“No, I don’t want to. I got nothing to say to you.” He turned but Gerard’s words stopped him.
“I didn’t call Eliza. I was talking to Bob.”
“Bob? Why?”
Gerard looked away, “Cause I’m fucking pathetic. I wanted to see if I could find out anything about Monica.”
Mikey sat down across from him, “You mean how’s she doing?”
“No, I was trying to find out where she is.” He took a deep breath, “She fucking moved out of our house. She left her cell phone with Mom. I can’t get a hold of her.” He looked down, “She’s done with me, Mikey. She’s fucking done with me and I don’t blame her.”
Sign up to rate and review this story