Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Love Knows No Age - Continued

Grab On To Hope - JUNE 18

by AlexSanDee 7 reviews

Graduation Day

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-06-18 - Updated: 2008-06-18 - 2272 words

5Moving
Tuesday passed quietly. Monica found a smaller used car, purchasing it with her own money. She was thankful to Bob and Kara for driving Gerard's car back to his house and leaving it in the driveway. Bob and Kara both tried to convince Monica to call Gerard. They explained to her how he had left messages on her phone not knowing she had left it at Donna's. Monica had smiled sadly and told them there was nothing left to say. In her heart she feared he wanted to discuss Elle and she couldn't do that over the phone. If he had decided never to tell anyone about Mikey and Liv then that must mean he would claim Elle as his own. That would mean she would have to turn the little girl over to him when he returned and that thought broke her heart.
Wednesday morning Monica and Elle headed to the mall to buy a graduation gift for Kara. As Monica wandered up and down the mall her mind refused to concentrate on the task at hand. She was leaving a specialty store when Bob called.
"Hey Monica. How's it going?"
Monica walked holding Elle's hand over to a bench and sat. "Actually I'm trying to find a graduation gift for Kara but I'm not having much luck." She sighed, "I never imagined she'd be married when she graduated from high school and have a home of her own."
Bob cringed, "Hey, I know…"
Monica cut him off, "You don't understand. I didn't mean that as a bad thing. I'm happy Kara has you, Bob. I'm glad about the way things turned out for both of you."
"Thanks" He said softly. "Uh, there's something I wanted to talk to you about."
Monica smiled while she fished a few coins out of her pocket for Elle to throw in the fountain located next to where they were sitting. She kept a close watch on Elle as she listened to Bob explain his plans. "That sounds great." She said as he finished.
"You sure?" He wanted to make sure she was truly okay with his plan.
"I'm sure."
"Well okay then. I guess we'll see you at the graduation. Uh, you are gonna go to Donna's too, right?" Donna had insisted on having a small get-together for Kara after the ceremony.
"Yeah." Monica said softy, "I know how important it is to Donna that Elle and Kelly be there."
"Monica, it's important to her that you are there. She loves you like a daughter." He said honestly.
"And I love her." Monica felt tears spring to her eyes. She smiled at Elle who was fresh out of coins, "Talk to you later." She disconnected and took Elle's hand, "Come on kiddo, we gotta find a gift."
"Kawa gift." Elle smiled.
"Yeah, a Kara gift." They continued down the mall.

"Gerard what the fuck is going on?" Brian asked with an exasperated sigh.
"What do you mean?" Gerard wasn't sure how to answer the question.
"Monica called me earlier and talked to me about the adoption. She said you two broke up. When the fuck did that happen?"
Gerard sat down by the desk in his room and looked out the window. His eyes were vacant. He ignored the question. "What did she say about the adoption?"
"Well if you’re not getting married, you're not adopting a baby. She wanted me to make sure that the birth mother’s bills were still paid. She wanted me to contact the right people to let the girl know what's happened."
"Fuck." Gerard said softly, "I forgot."
"Forgot? You forgot you were adopting a baby?" Brian had a sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach, "What's going on with you?"
Gerard knew what he was thinking. "No, I'm not drinking again, not taking drugs." He'd almost said 'yet' but stopped himself. He couldn't deny the thought played heavily on his mind. He'd lost everything what difference would it make anymore?
"Tell me what happened? I can't believe Monica would break up with you for no reason." Brian said sensing Gerard was on the edge, he could hear it in his voice.
"She didn't break up with me." Gerard grew angry at himself, "Can't believe no one told you about the interview I did. I fucking told the world I wasn't engaged anymore." He lit a cigarette and blew out a stream of smoke, "Of course I didn't tell Monica."
"Fuck." Brian uttered, "Why? Why would you do that?"
Gerard shook his head and closed his eyes, "Cause I was destined to fuck things up."
Brain didn't know what to say.
"So did she say anything else?" Gerard finally broke the silence. He felt pathetic but he couldn't help himself he wanted to hear anything she'd said.
"She also wanted me to make sure her name is taken off the house title." he sighed, "And she said your car is parked in the driveway."
Gerard felt every word he said hit him like bricks. "She's really making sure to wrap this up, isn't she?'
"Isn't there something you can do?" He paused then asked, "You still lover her, don't you?"
Gerard wiped his eyes, he felt drained, "Yeah, I'll always love her but I don't believe she could ever forgive me for what I've done. She tried so hard to do what was best for me and I shit all over her. I just don't deserve her, I never did."
"You only got a few more shows then you'll be home. I'm not gonna do anything right now. I’m not gonna contact any lawyers, I'm not gonna do shit. Come home and fix this, Gee." Brain hoped with all his heart it could be done.
Gerard was silent a moment, "I don't know, I can't think." He admitted. "Do what you think is right." He hung up then leaned back and closed his eyes.

Monica was grabbed from behind and enclosed into a tight hug, "Damn it don't think you're gonna get away from me." Alicia said with a laugh.
"Hey." Monica couldn't hide how happy she was to see her. "I didn't know you were gonna be here."
Alicia's eyes scanned the crowd, "Well I ain't the only one. Christa is coming too. Don't think we're not mad at you for moving without telling us." She said looking Monica directly in the eye, "You are our friend."
Monica tried to smile. "It's just so hard, you know." her voice broke.
Alicia put her arm around her. "Come on, let’s go find some seats and we'll save Christa one." She reached out and took Elle's hand and nodded to Kelly. The four of them found seats and settled in waiting for the graduation ceremony to begin. Christa found them right before it started.
"Where's Bob?" Kelly asked looking around.
"Bob's here?" Alicia said, "When did he get here and how come Mikey didn't tell me?'
Monica shrugged, "He got here yesterday."
Alicia sat back and looked over at Christa, "You knew he was coming?"
"Ray didn't tell me." She was just as surprised.
"Is he going back after this?" Alicia asked Monica.
Monica shook her head, "No, he's not going back."
Alicia and Christa exchanged a surprised look. Finally Christa spoke, "He's probably pretty tired of the drama." She said softly.
Monica nodded but said nothing. She sat back and tried to gather her inner strength. Her emotions were stretched and when it came time for Kara to walk across the stage to receive her diploma she couldn't hold back the tears.
"Mommyca's cwying." Elle said crawling up in her lap.
Monica hugged her tightly, "I'm just happy." She whispered to the little girl. Beside her Alicia took her hand in hers. As Kara’s name was called Bob slipped into the seat Elle had vacated.
“Damn I almost missed it.” He whispered. Monica assumed he’d been talking care of last minute preparations for the surprise he had planned for Kara.
They all watched as Kara started across the stage and the applause began. She slowly stepped up to the principal, whom she’d had numerous run-ins with, and smiled. Once she was handed the diploma she turned, faced the audience and yelled “Husband I did it.” The audience broke into laughter. As Monica and crew turned toward him laughing, Bob slowly sank into his seat, wishing for instant invisibility. He wish was almost granted as he turned bright red, his face matching the velvet seat. He managed to look enormously pleased just the same.

Gerard looked at the clock on the nightstand. It was just after 2 am and he couldn’t sleep. Back home he knew that tonight was Kara’s graduation. He’d talked to his Mom earlier and she had told him about the little party she was having for Kara. He sat up in the dark then made his decision.

Bob was talking to Don when he got the call. “Hey Gee. Up kinda late, aren’t you?”
Gerard ignored the comment. “Can I talk to Kara a minute?”
Bob’s eyes searched around the room until he saw his wife talking to Alicia. “Sure, hold on.” He walked over to her. “Gee wants to talk to you.”
Kara gave Alicia a surprised look then took the phone, “Hello.”
“Kara, I just wanted to say congratulations”
“Oh, thanks.” She had expected him to ask about her mom.
“Bet you’re glad it’s over.” He guessed.
Kara laughed, “You have no idea.”
“Yeah, actually I do.” He said softly. “Take care.”
Suddenly she felt saddened by his call. “Uh, Mom already left.” She said assuming that was something he would want to know. “Elle wasn’t feeling well so she took her home.”
“Elle’s sick?”
“She ate too much cake.” Kara explained with a slight laugh.
“Oh.” He sounded relived. “Well enjoy your party.”
“I told her you called.” Kara said softly.
He held his breath, “And?”
Kara turned away from Bob and Alicia who were talking. “She said she just can’t talk to you right now.” She added softly, “Maybe when you get back.”
Gerard stared into the darkness. He tried but just couldn’t grab on to any hope, “Take care, Kara.” He said before disconnecting.
Kara turned back to Bob, slipping her hand in his. She closed her eyes and leaned against him.
“Ready to go?” Bob’s question startled her back to awareness and away from her ever-darkening thoughts.
“We’re leaving already? Won’t Donna be upset? It’s bad enough Mom, Kelly and Bug already left.”
“Hush now. Donna’s tired of all of us taking over her house. She can’t wait for us to leave and since it’s your party, you have to leave first.” Kara’s brow furrowed as she turned looking for Donna. She spotted Donna coming toward her with a large shopping bag.
“Here’s your stuff, Hon. As she handed Kara the package of graduation gifts, Donna kissed her on the cheek. Straightening up, she added, “Now you two drive safe on the way home.” Before Kara could answer, Donna disappeared as quickly as she had appeared.
A hurt Kara looked back at Bob and was surprised by the grin on his face. It almost immediately changed to concerned innocence. Bob grabbed her by the arm and guided her toward the front door. Maybe she had just imagined the smile.
Bob let Kara stew in her own juices until they arrived at the apartment. A sullen Kara entered and immediately headed for the bedroom. Bob followed, depositing the bag of gifts on the chair by the bed. Kara plopped onto the bed.
“Hey, you wanna go catch a movie?”
“No.” Kara’s voice was muffled by a pillow
“Wanna eat dinner?”
“Not hungry.”
“How come you never asked what I got you for your graduation?”
Kara shifted just enough to allow one eye to blink at Bob.
“You got me something?” she asked hopefully.
“Didn’t say that. I just asked why you never asked.” He easily caught the pillow hurled at his head and laughed. He threw on the other side of Kara before flinging himself down next to her.
“Wanna see what I got you? Bob asked, nuzzling Kara’s neck.
“No, I’ve seen it before, thanks.”
“You’ve seen Niagara Falls? Well, damn. Guess we’ll just have to stay here and find something else to do.” He locked Kara in a bear hug and nibbled her ear.
She wiggled free and sat up. “What do you mean Niagara Falls? Are we going there?” Bob ignored her and turned his attention to unbuttoning her blouse. She slapped his hand away. “Answer me. Bob, what were you talking about?”
Not looking up, he said, “Well, we were going to go to Niagara Falls, Canada for a few days, but since you’ve already seen it….” His voice trailed off as his finger traced the outline of her bra.
“Bob, stop it. Are you kidding? When do we leave?” She jumped out of the bed. “When do we leave?”
“In a couple of hours. Don’t you think we have time to….” He arched his eyebrows.
“Are you kidding? I have a hundred things to do before we leave. I’ll barely have time as it is. You could have given me a little head’s up…” Her voice muffled as she disappeared into the bathroom. Bob smiled laying back in the bed and letting Hurricane Kara swirl around him.
Sign up to rate and review this story