Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > My Simple Chemical Life

Goodbye, Hello

by Moonshyne 3 reviews

Bob decides that the girls should go home but poor planning gets in the way.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-06-18 - Updated: 2008-06-18 - 3274 words - Complete

0Unrated
Bob lied in his bunk taking a drag from his cigarette, they really weren’t supposed to smoke in their bunks, but right now he didn’t give a fuck.

They had been on the road two hours of their fourteen hour journey, two hours since Adam called and said Madison was staying on their bus. What the hell was he thinking that a girl like her would ever want someone like him? She just kissed him because he saved her, nothing more.

He knew she was going to be trouble for him the second he laid eyes on her. But he should have known better then. The way she looked at him with disgust when they met, should have been an indicator. ‘She likes the pretty boys like Gerard and Adam,’ the thought, ‘she could never like someone like me.’ He started hanging out with Elisabeth because he saw she needed someone to pay some attention to her. But later it was because he was starting to feel an attraction to Madison, even though she did things to purposely make him mad. Maybe that’s what the kiss was all about she was trying to make him mad again. He knew one thing was for sure by tomorrow night they hopefully will both be on their way home and he would never have to worry about Madison Trenton again.

It was morning on the TBS bus Madison felt an arm around her waist. The bunk didn’t look familiar so she smiled at the thought that Bob took her to his bunk and held her all night. “Good morning babe,” said the voice next to her. She turned slowly to face who she had been holding her and her heart sank it was Adam.

“I thought you were going to take me back to the MCR bus?” Madison asked.

“I tried hon, honestly I did. But you zonked as soon as you laid your pretty little head down.”

“You did call over the MCR bus?”

“Yeah Bob answered.”

“Was he mad?”

“No, he said fine as long as you were okay.”

Her mind was reeling. ‘He just said fine. The kiss obviously meant nothing to him.’

“We’re stopping for brunch around eleven you can switch buses then, if you want.”

Madison laid back down next to Adam, she just wanted it to be eleven so bad so she could see Bob again, hopefully find out how he really feels.

At ten forty-five the buses pulled into Papa’s Pantry in Van Horn. The buses parked and Madison flew off the bus only to be greeted by a very pissed off Elisabeth.

“I HATE YOU!!!” screamed the younger sister.

“Good morning to you too.”

“Because of you we’re leaving today.”

“What?”

“Bob feels like he can’t protect us because you decided to go for a walk and got pushed around a little.”

“Yeah that’s what happened.”

“What are you saying?”

“Nothing you’re too young.”

“I’m seventeen.”

“You really want to know what happened last night?”

“Yeah.”

“I was almost raped.”

Elisabeth’s whole demeanor changed, “What? Are you okay?”

“Bob got to them before they did anything.”

“I’m sorry I didn’t know.”

“There’s a lot you don’t know.”

“Like what?”

“Nothing just drop it,” Madison said with a sigh.

Elisabeth looked down and slowly started speaking.

“The night I came home when I was suspended, I heard you screaming in your sleep.”

“What? Did I say anything?”

“You were crying ‘No. Stop. Please not again.’”

“Did you wake me?”

“Yeah, you clocked me and told me never to come in your room again.”

“I’m sorry.”

“Can I ask you something?”

“Sure.”

“The night that Dad was supposed to visit, what happened?”

“I was beaten.”

“So you didn’t fall down the stairs.”

“No, actually I was pushed.”

“Why does Dad believe that you fell down the stairs?”

“That’s what he told him.”

“Didn’t you tell him differently?” asked a confused Elisabeth.

“Of course I did, he just didn’t believe me, about anything.”

Elisabeth looked at her sister almost ready to cry. “I’m sorry he didn’t believe you. If it’s worth anything I do.”

Madison gave her sister a hug, “Thank you, it’s worth a bunch.”

They both had tears in their eyes as they held each other tight. After they released, Madison shook her head and thought ‘How did he do it? Ten days ago Elisabeth was a spoiled rotten brat, who never cared about anyone but her self, now she’s sweet and kind.’ Madison then realized something her sister was always sweet and kind until her mother died. It was only when their dad couldn’t realize she was starved for attention that she became who she was. Madison had a pang of guilt because it was her fault too. She made sure whether by circumstance or intentionally Elisabeth never got the attention she needed. As they walked Madison smiled at her sister and was thinking, ‘Bob saw what everyone missed and gave it to her.’ She smiled as she thought of him and realized that she was starting to have real feelings for him, feelings that she never felt before in her life.

The rest of them got in the restaurant and Madison noticed that someone was missing. Bob.

“Where’s Bob?” she asked Matt.

“He was still in bed, he’s hurtin’ kinda bad.”

“Really?”

“Yeah. I think he got hurt worse then he’s letting on. He asked us to bring breakfast for him.”

Madison leaned into Adam, “I’m going to see how Bob is.”

“Sure babe, tell him I said hi.”

Everyone had left so Bob got up and stretched. He hated lying to the band but he really didn’t want to face Madison and Adam. His head was killing him though so it wasn’t a total lie.

He heard the bus door open and there she was standing in front of him. She looked beautiful in the just woke up look.

“How are you feeling?”

“Sore.”

“I missed you at breakfast.”

“We’re meeting your father at six at the San Antonio airport.”

“What?”

“I’m done, you win.”

“Bob, after last night…”

“Don’t worry about it, it meant nothing.”

Madison’s heart sank the way he kissed her last night she thought for sure he felt the same way she did.

“Elisabeth has packed all her stuff and you’ll need to pack all yours.”

“Fine.”

Madison walked off the bus, as soon as she got a hundred yards from it she broke down and cried. She shortly composed herself and went back to the restaurant. She pulled Elisabeth aside, “I can’t go back there can you pack my things for me?”

“I really wanted to spend these last few hours with Derek.”

“Please Elisabeth I can’t go back to that bus. I can’t go back and face him anymore.”

“You like him don’t you?”

“Like who?” asked Adam. As he and Derek approached the two sisters.

“You of course,” said Madison. Elisabeth rolled her eyes. Her sister can be so infuriating at times.

Madison turned to her sister, “Will you do it for me?”

“I already did”

“Thank you!!”

The boys got back with breakfast for Bob and the best apple pie they ever tasted. Lyn-Z was joining them for the rest of the six hour trek to Selma.

Bob didn’t want to eat and was disappointed that neither of the girls wanted to spend any time with him before they left. At least he and Lizzie got to spend some time together this morning. Less than six hours from now they would both be gone and be someone else’s problem.

Bob picked up his sidekick and left another message with William Trenton reminding him that he was going to be at the private jet area with the girls at six o’clock.


William Trenton sat in the board room of Charles Russell LLP in London. He had spent the whole day in conferences regarding an acquisition he was trying to make. All day they were trying to crunch numbers to make it work. After ten long hours they came to an agreement. He looked at his cell and noticed there were three calls from Bob. They were hours apart so it just must have been the girls checking in. He felt bad that he hadn’t contacted them since they left but he would after this meeting. His next destination would be Japan and with the time differences he wasn’t sure if he would be able to talk to them after he left. To celebrate the acquisition everyone was going to Bertorelli’s, which was a pleasant enough walk from the office.

As he ran across the street to catch up with everyone else he never noticed that his cell phone had dropped on the street. Minutes later it was smashed into a thousand pieces with whatever messages there was gone with it.


The buses arrived at the venue in Selma Texas where everyone got out and stretched their legs. Waiting for them was a van to take Bob, Worm, Madison and Elisabeth to the airport. Bob and Worm loaded the van while Madison and Elisabeth were saying good-bye to Taking Back Sunday. She knew she would be seeing Derek in less than a month but it still killed her to leave him just as they were getting close. Madison gave Adam their first kiss and gave Matt R., Eddie, Fred and Mark each a kiss on the cheek. She had fun with them, Derek and Elisabeth on their bus and for a while there she forgot all about Bob.

Now it was time to say good-bye to My Chemical Romance. Madison looked at Gerard and Lyn-Z, as they held hands and looked so in love. She was really happy for them.

“Bye you two take care of each other.”

“Madison, I’m sorry…,” Gerard started saying.

“It’s okay Gerard it’s so obvious how you two feel about each other.”

She then turned to Frank, who gave her a big hug as did Matt.

“I really wish I got to know you better,” said Ray quietly.

“Me too, at least we’ll always have Guitar Hero.”

Ray rolled his eyes, “Let’s forget about that.”

“Never.”

She then turned to James and gave him a peck on the cheek and thanked him for keeping her laughing. He gave her a hug and a kiss on the cheek. Madison made her way to the van where Worm and Bob had already claimed the front seats.

Next it was Elisabeth’s turn to say good-bye. She was closer to most of them than Madison was.

First she gave James a kiss and a hug, and told him to keep smiling it really was his best quality. Next she gave Matt a hug and told him she loved watching him play.

Then she hugged Ray and told him how much she would miss their chats and messing with his hair.

Then she gave a hug and kiss to Gerard and a hug to Lyn-Z.

Lastly she came upon Frank.

“Here this is yours,” said Frank as he handed her the tiara back.

“Keep it and always remember me.”

“I don’t need the tiara to remember you, you’re my Lizzie.”

“Keep it anyway, it looks way cuter on you.”

She turned to Derek and started crying as they held each other.

“You won’t forget about me will you?” asked Derek.

“Never. Besides we’ll be in school together soon.”

“You’ll have your friends and I’ll have mine,” said Derek softly.

“I told you before they really aren’t my friends so I hope yours will like me.”

“After the shock wears off I’m sure they’ll be fine.”


After one last hug and a light kiss Elisabeth joined Madison, Worm and Bob in the van.

During the bus ride the band just about begged Bob to keep the girls on but in the end understood his position about protecting them.

They made it to San Antonio airport in less than a half hour and made their way to the waiting area. They took their seats and waited, and waited and waited.

After about an hour and a half, the man at the counter asked who they might be waiting for.

“William Trenton,” said Bob.

After typing something the man shook his head, “We have nothing for Mr. Trenton’s jets coming to this airport.” He typed some more, “As a matter of fact one plane is in London with a flight plan for tomorrow going to Japan. The other is in Chicago with no scheduled flight plan. I’m sorry maybe there was someone else you were supposed to meet?”

Bob took out his cell phone and dialed the number he had for Trenton, but like all the others it went to voice mail. Bob made his way back to the group who were sitting on the edges of their seats.

“C’mon let’s go.”

“What happened?” asked Elisabeth.

“You’re father’s not coming.”

“What did he say when you talked earlier?” asked a bewildered Madison.

“I never talked to him.”

“What?”

“I left him messages to meet us here.”

“You’re such an idiot Bob,” Madison said coldly. “My father can go hours if not days not returning calls. Really Bob, they trust you to handle the day to day operation of this band? When Bob talks everyone listens you never have to confirm things?”

Elisabeth looked at Bob with a sparkle in her eye. “So we’re back on tour.”

“Until I can get a hold of your father.”

“Let’s head back,” smiled Worm.

As they made their way through the airport a couple of girls younger than Elisabeth walked up to the group.

Worm looked at Bob, who nodded his head yes, and allowed the girls to get an autograph and pictures.

“Oh! My! God! We can’t believe it’s you. We’re going to the concert tomorrow but we could only get lawn seats. So it’s so great we get to see you now!!!” screamed the girls excitedly.

“What are your names?”

“I’m Janice and this is my sister Cassidy.”

“What’s your last name?”

“Barnes.”

“Worm take these girls names.” Then he turned his attention back to the girls, "Go to the ticket office when you get there and tell them who you are. You girls just got an upgrade.”

“Thank you Bob we appreciate it, but we can’t just leave our friend,” said the older girl.

“Worm, get their friend’s name too.”

“Really??" said the younger one, "you’re the best!!”

Bob smiled at the girls.

After getting Worm’s autograph and giving their friends name the four made it to the door.

Madison turned to Bob, “What are you going to do?”

“Being nice and cool earned them seats reserved for the band, sticking by their friend got them backstage passes.”

She looked at him and wondered what made him tick. What he did was just the sweetest thing in the world, a random act of kindness.

Worm started to get on his cell to let everyone know they were on their way home but Elisabeth stopped him.

”Don’t tell them about us I want it to be a surprise.”

“Sure thing Lizzie.”

Worm got on the phone and told them that they would be there after getting a bite to eat.”

“I never said anything about a bite to eat,” said Bob.

“I’m hungry, the girls are hungry and I’m sure you are too,” said Worm.

“Fine.”

By the time they got back to the bus it was almost eleven and the bus was empty.

There was a note that said, ‘Adam’s having a party so we’re there. If you show up we’ll see you there, if not see you in the a.m. Gee.’

“If you girls want to head over that’s okay. I’m kinda tired and my head is throbbing.”

“I’m kinda tired too. What’s the point of surprising Derek if I’m gonna fall asleep on him,” yawned Elisabeth.

“Me three it’s been a long emotional day.” Madison said as she stared at Bob for a moment.

The three made it to their bunks while Madison and Elisabeth fell asleep as soon as their heads hit the pillow. Bob’s mind was up and couldn’t get certain thoughts of a certain someone out of his head. He just needed to hate her and hopefully Daddy dearest will be calling soon.

He heard some whimpering and someone softly say, “No. Stop. Please not again.” Bob got up and noticed that it was Madison. He shook her softly and she woke.

“What’s the matter?”

“You were having a bad dream.”

“Did I say anything?”

“Nah. Are you okay?”

“Yeah. Thanks for waking me.”

“Try and go back to sleep.”

Madison rolled over and had tears in her eyes. She never wanted Bob to know what happened to her.

Bob laid in his bunk realizing she confirmed what he already knew in his heart was true, she was raped before.

The next morning Bob got up and decided to make everyone breakfast. Frank was the first one up smelling the sweet smell of pancakes.

“Mornin’ Bob, Maddie, Lizzie.” Then he did a double take. “What are you guys doing here?”

“Mr. Idiot here,” Madison said while pointing to Bob, “didn’t confirm plans with my father. And he's supposed to be the organized one?”

“That’s not like you Bob. These past few days you’ve been off too. What’s the matter?”

“I just got a lot on my mind.”

“Well I’m here if you need me,” said Frank as he patted him on the back.

“Thanks.”

“By the way I’m not giving up the tiara,” smiled Frank. “You gave it to me.”

The table started laughing.

Ray came in next, “Will you guys keep it down?” Then he saw the girls, “Oh my god you’re here!!” He then proceeded to wake up Gerard, James and Matt.

Everyone was excited that the girls were back but at the same time sad because it wouldn’t be for long. After breakfast Elisabeth wanted to hurry to the merch tent and see Derek. She got off the bus and there he was walking his head bent down, like he just lost his best friend.

“Why so sad?” she asked.

“The girl…” it dawned on him he knew that voice. He looked up and there she was staring him in the face. “Lizzie!!” He picked her up and swung her around.

Madison had gotten off the bus and noticed Adam with a stunning raven haired woman and her heart sank as he kissed her. She didn’t even know why she was reacting this way. She really only liked him as a friend.

“I’m sorry,” said a voice that made her spine shiver. Then she felt two strong arms engulf her as her heart started to race. She never wanted Bob to hold her out of pity she wanted him to hold her out of love. But for now she took what she could get.

Bob kissed the top of her head and said, “This is why I hate surprises.”

Sign up to rate and review this story