Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Realism: Breaking Clichés

Chapter 1: Animangus

by Shadow_Rebirth 8 reviews

Harry'd hoped to have some sort of an awesome animangus form, like a phoenix or a massive dragon. Even something more mundane would have been fine. But this? Seriously?

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor,Parody - Characters: Harry - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2008-06-23 - Updated: 2008-06-24 - 518 words

5Funny
A/N: Warning: this is completely and utterly random. But it could happen. Which is what makes it hilarious (grins) I really just couldn't help writing it once I'd gotten the idea into my head, and indeed it's what sparked the idea for this entire story/collection. Please read, review, and enjoy!

Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction. This work has not been endorsed by J.K. Rowling, Bloomsbury Publishing, Scholastic Publishing, Warner Bros., or any of the others holding copyright or license to the Harry Potter books, movies, and products. No connection is implied or should be inferred. Other names, characters, places, and incidents either are products of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously. The author receives no financial gain from its production or distribution.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Realism: Breaking Clichés

Chapter 1
Animangus

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Harry was excited. No, not even excited--he was /ecstatic/.

Finally, after so long, he was going to get his animangus form. He'd done so much research and preparation solely for this moment. He'd purchased numerous books on the subject and had carefully planned out what he'd need to do.

He'd had to brew the potion to get himself ready fort he transformation all by himself. He'd secretly bought the ingredients and then spent months carefully and secretly brewing it. He'd put every ounce of his being into this project.

Harry's hands shook as raised a small vial of liquid up to his eyelevel. This was it. This /was it/. Once he had his animangus form he'd be able to take down Voldemort and all his Death Eaters. All he had to do was down this small dose of potion and he'd be able to transform.

Harry spent a moment dreaming about what type of creature he'd become. Maybe a phoenix, or a massive dragon, or even a basilisk. Or, if not a magical creature, perhaps a wolf or some sort of a bird of prey. Oh the things he'd be able to do...

Harry's eyes dropped down to the vial once more. Well, there was only one way to find out what he'd become.

In one smooth motion Harry brought the glass vial to his lips and gulped down the thick potion.

For a moment nothing happened. Then, abruptly, the world around him seemed to shift. Harry felt no pain but the sound of bones grinding filled the air. Harry clenched his eyes closed tightly to ward of the strange sensation that he was filled with and waited. Finally, all motion seemed to stop. Harry waited for another moment then, twitching slightly at the feeling of being in a body other than his own.

Eventually Harry got the nerve to open his eyes. He blinked a few times, slightly bewildered by how different the things around him looked. Finally Harry turned his head to look into the large standing mirror that he'd placed in the room just for this occurrence.

And promptly froze.

Harry'd hoped to have some sort of an awesome, kickass animangus form. Even something more mundane than a magical animal would have done. But this? Seriously?

"I'M A FLAMINGO?!"
Sign up to rate and review this story