Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Love Knows No Age - Continued

Remember To Tell Her - JUNE 25

by AlexSanDee 5 reviews

Mikey spots Gerard with Eliza. Gerard talks to Elle and leaves an important message.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-06-25 - Updated: 2008-06-25 - 1666 words

5Moving
Mikey stopped dead in his tracks when we saw Gerard sitting at the coffee shop table. He couldn’t believe his eyes. Eliza looked over and smiled when she spotted him. He made himself slowly walk over to the table. When Gerard pulled his hand away from Eliza, as Mikey got nearer, it did not go unnoticed.
“Hey Mikey, good to see you.” Eliza gushed.
Mikey ignored her, “Gee, I need to talk to you.”
“Sure.” Gerard said. He looked across the table at Eliza. She smiled brightly.
“No problem. I’ll catch up with you later, Gee.” She stood, “Maybe after the concert we can talk.” Before he could answer she turned and walked away from the table.
Mikey slipped into the chair she’d just vacated, “What the fuck is going on? I thought you told me you didn’t call her.”
“I didn’t.” Gerard answered looking down at the table.
“So she just flew to Europe to see you?” Mikey asked.
Gerard shrugged.
“And if this gets back to Monica?” Mikey said angrily, “How the fuck are you gonna explain this?”
Gerard’s temper snapped, “Why the fuck would she care?”
The look Mikey gave his brother clearly said he thought he’s lost his mind. “Yeah, Gee. That’s right just fuck up any chance you might have to fix things with her. You really do like to wallow in self-pity don’t you? Fuck everything up yourself and then expect everyone to feel sorry for you.”
“I never asked anyone to feel sorry for me.” Gerard ground out, “I don’t fucking care anymore, don’t you get that?”
Mikey stood up so quickly that his chair fell back with a crash, “I just don’t know you anymore.” He started to leave then turned, “I came to find you to tell you that Jamia’s gone into labor.”
Gerard felt his anger evaporate, “Is she okay?”
“Don’t know yet. I do know that she had Frank call Mom. Jamia wants Monica with her at the hospital. See, lots of us still love her.” He turned and walked out without righting his chair.
Gerard looked around and noticed they’d drawn quite a crowd with their argument. He noticed the man taking pictures was just leaving. With a sinking feeling he acknowledged that Mikey was right. Monica would be even more hurt when she saw pictures of him with Eliza. He threw down some money on the table and left the shop.

Monica dropped off Elle then hurried to the hospital. She met Frank in the waiting room. Other family members had already arrived and poor Frank was looking a bit green.
“They are getting her settled in a birthing room and then I can go in.” He told Monica after she gave him a quick hug.
“That’s great.” Monica smiled, “Now calm down. Everything is gonna be okay.”
“Oh man, she’s in so much pain.” Frank whispered.
Monica touched his arm, “It’s gonna get worse.” She told him softly. “Oh and when you hold her hand make sure she doesn’t try to bite you.”
Frank gave her an incredulous look, “You’re kidding right?”
“No, actually I’m not. The pain can make you say and do some pretty wild things.”
“Oh fuck. I didn’t realize all this shit.” His eyes caught sight of Alicia who had just stepped off the elevator.
“Hey, you guys.” She said hugging first Frank then Monica, “So what’s happening so far?’
Frank filled her in then went to check with the nurse. He wanted to get to Jamia as soon as possible. Monica and Alicia talked with the others already seated in the waiting room for a few minutes then found some seats.
“This is so exciting. I called Christa and she’s gonna be here soon.” Alicia said.
“Did you tell Mikey?”
Alicia nodded, “Yeah and he’s telling the rest of the guys.” She looked giddy, “This is so exciting.”
Monica agreed, “Babies are so wonderful.” She made sure her smile didn’t slip but inside her heart was breaking. She remembered that she was supposed to be a new mom; that she and Gerard were supposed to have a baby. She looked away quickly to hide the pain.

“Ma, did you get a hold of Monica? Did you tell her Jamia’s in labor?”
Donna handed Elle a cookie, “Yes, Honey, I did. She just dropped Elle a bit ago and headed over to the hospital.”
“Elle’s with you?” Gerard’s grip on the phone tightened.
“She’s here eating a cookie.”
He sat down on the outdoor bench by the vans. “Can I talk to her?”
“Of course you can.” He heard his mom explain to Elle who was on the phone.
“Dadgee.” She said happily after throwing down her cookie on the kitchen table. “Mes misses yous.”
Gerard’s heart caught, “I miss you too, Bug. Are you being a good girl?”
“Mes dood but messes mes house. Fwank can’t go out. Fwanks sad.”
“Oh,” Gerard closed his eyes, “I’m sorry about that.” He said softly.
“Whens youse come ome?”
Gerard felt tears spring to his eyes., “Soon, Bug. I’ll be home soon.”
“Then wes goes ome?”
He realized she thought that when he got back they would all return to the house together. “When I get home we’ll take Frank to the park. Think he’ll like that?”
“Mes will ike tat.” Elle said happily.
“I will too.” He said meaning every word.
Ray walked out and headed for the van. He knew he had to go. “Bug, can you remember to tell Kelly something for me?” He asked suddenly.
“Yep.” Elle nodded.
“It’s very important. Are you sure you can remember to tell her?”
Elle sounded put out by the question, “Mes members dood.”
Gerard laughed, “Okay, sorry. Tell Kell that I miss her.” He paused then added, “Tell her that I love her.” A part of him knew it was wrong to use Elle to get a message to Kelly but he wanted her to know.
“Otay.” Elle agreed. “Daddygee wuv Bug?” She sweet voice tore at his heart.
“I love Bug very much.” He whispered.
“Mes wuvs youse.”
He wiped is eyes. “Let me talk to grandma Donna, okay?” He waited until his mom was back on the phone. “Ma, how’s Monica doing?” He hadn’t planned on asking but he couldn’t help himself.
Donna sighed and moved into the living room so that Elle couldn’t hear. “She’s trying to appear like she’s okay. But her eyes look haunted.”
“Hey, Gee. We gotta take off.” Ray yelled.
“Ma, I gotta go. I’ll call you later.”
“Okay, son. Take care of yourself.” Donna tried not to let her overwhelming worry about him be heard in her voice.
“Yeah.” He said goodbye then added quickly, “Give Elle a kiss for me.”

An hour into her labor Jamia asked Frank to get Monica. He quickly went to the waiting room. “Monica, Jamia wants to talk to you.” He said breaking into the conversation between Monica, Alicia and Christa who had arrived a few minutes earlier.
“Sure.” Monica got up and followed him into the birthing room. She smiled to Jamia, “How are we doing?”
“We, are not doing well at all” She stopped as another contraction wracked her body.
Monica took a seat by the bed.
“Frank, go get something to eat.” Jamia said looking over at him.
“But I don’t want to leave.” He answered looking hurt.
“How far are you dilated?” Monica asked.
“Seven.” Jamia answered unhappily.
Monica looked over at Frank, “Go get something to eat. You’ve got time. I’ll stay here with her.”
He didn’t look happy but he did want to take a cigarette break. Once he was out of the room Jamia turned to Monica. “Why the hell didn’t you warn me how bad this was gonna be?’
Monica tried not to laugh, “Why would I have done that? Did you really want to know ahead of time?”
Jamia sighed, “No, I don’t suppose I did. I feel bad I’m being to mean to Frank but I can’t help it.”
“I already warned him.” Monica said. She saw Jamia’s face and knew another contraction was starting. Taking her hand she let her squeeze until it passed.
“One of the babies hasn’t turned.” She said softly. “The doctor mentioned a C-Section.” It was apparent the idea was frightening her.
“Don’t worry. If you have to have a C-Section that’s what you’ll do.”
“I just want this to be over. I want to hold my babies.” Jamia had tears in her eyes
“You will and they will be so wonderful. You’ll hold them in your arms and wonder how you ever lived without them.”
Jamia saw the sadness in her eyes, “What are you going to do about the baby you and Gee were gonna adopt?”
Monica looked away, “I talked to Brian about it. I wanted to make sure that Sarah’s medical bills are still gonna be taken care of.”
“Monica don’t completely give up on Gee. I know this is none of my business but I love both of you and I just want you two to be happy. I know you still love him.”
“I didn’t give up on him. He gave up on me.” Monica whispered.
Jamia’s doctor walked back into the room. “Okay, time to see how we’re doing.”
Monica stood, “I’ll be out in the waiting room. Hang tough.” She leaned down and gave Jamia a hug.

A half hour later Frank walked into the waiting room. The look on his face silenced them.
“They are taking her up to surgery. One of the babies is in distress.”
Sign up to rate and review this story