Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Harry Potter and the Malfoy Werewolf

Chapters 3-4

by Axel-Ingleson 1 review

Narcissa learns that her son cannot be tamed.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Draco,Narcissa,Snape - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2008-06-25 - Updated: 2008-06-25 - 1019 words - Complete

-1TrainWreck
Harry Potter and the Malfoy Werewolf
By Axel Ingleson and Darcy Black-Valentine


-Chapter Three-

Lucius Malfoy stared at his wife.

“You are insane, Narcissa,” he told her. “He is going to be here any minute, and you have a family of werewolves living in our basement!”

“He,” Narcissa said, in no uncertain terms, “is not welcome in my house. If you must entertain your so-called friends, I suggest you use the guest house.”

“You would choose a monster over your master?”

“Your Master. Not mine,” Narcissa reminded her husband. “And yes, I would choose my son over a monster.”

“You should have killed him rather than knock him out,” Lucius told her. “What were you thinking?”

“I was thinking that Draco is my son,” Narcissa said, pointedly.

“He’s also mine, Narcissa. And unlike you, I would never let him live with such a terrible affliction.”

“He’s not yours, Lucius,” Narcissa scoffed. “I was pregnant already when we married.”

“You… Draco’s not…” Lucius blurted out, his voice a mixture of rage and relief. “Well, at least I’m not the father of a pack of wolves. So, tell me, just who did you spawn the little brat for?”

“Draco is mine, and mine alone.” Narcissa told him. “I cast a fertility charm on myself so that my family line wouldn’t be tainted by yours.”

“In that case,” Lucius said, “you, your little beast, and your grandpuppies can get out of my house.”

“I think we will,” Narcissa decided. She went downstairs and was about to retrieve her grandsons when she heard the lock on the cellar door click into place.

Realizing it would take more than the alohamora spell to unlock it, she gathered Draco and her grandsons into a group and held them close while she carefully apparated to Snape’s house.




-Chapter Four-

“I am not thrilled,” Snape told Narcissa. “I can’t even believe you brought them here! You know how I feel about… them.”

“I know,” Narcissa admitted. “But he’s your godson, Severus! Surely you can make an exception in this case!”

“You know how dangerous he is!” Snape argued. “A regular werewolf is dangerous enough. But one whose wizard form is feral! Narcissa, I really suggest you rethink this.”

“If you don’t want to help your godson…”

“I didn’t say I don’t want to,” Snape told her. “I just don’t think this is a good idea.”

“You can make wolfsbane potion, can’t you?”

“Yes,” Snape agreed. “But I don’t know what kind of dosage to give a werewolf pup.”

“So, you’re saying there’s nothing you can do for them?”

“For Draco? I can try to give him the wolfsbane potion. But he needs to be conscious to drink it, and as you know, I can’t get close enough to give it to him. He tries to bite anyone who approaches him.”

Narcissa started to reach down to stroke the long hair of the oldest of the three children. But before she could touch him, Draco woke and began growling at her, placing himself between her and her grandchildren.

“Draco! It’s me! Your mother! Their grandmother!”

Draco continued to growl.

Finally, Snape spoke up. “Take them back to the Forbidden Forest,” he told her. “That’s where they belong. Draco’s too wild to be among us any longer. I doubt he even knows how to cast a single spell. He can’t even speak anymore.”

“You’re wrong,” Narcissa said. “He knows how to speak. And how to cast a spell. He’s just… he’s under some kind of enchantment!”

“He is not under a spell,” Snape said, firmly. “He’s feral. And no spell or conditioning of any kind will change that. We lost him on the night he was bitten. Now bring him back to the Forbidden Forest or you’ll regret it.”

Narcissa looked down at the boy who had once been her son and his three children. Tears formed in her eyes as she came to the realization that she would have to bring all four of them back. She looked at them all one more time and nodded.

“All right. I’ll take them back.”

Snape saw the pain in her eyes and realized that he himself was going to miss his godson. Even still, the wild was where Draco and the puppies belonged now. He looked at Narcissa and said,

“Wait until they’re all asleep, then I’ll help you transport them back to the Forbidden Forest.”

She nodded and sat down on the threadbare sofa. Snape waved his wand and a tray with two dusty glasses and a bottle of elf made wine appeared on the rickety old table.

“Have a drink while I fetch the Sleeping Potion.”

Snape left the room to get the potion while Narcissa poured a generous amount of wine into one of the glasses. She watched as Draco watched her warily and she moved to the other end of the couch, so as not to scare him. She sipped the blood-red wine and watched the puppies play wrestling with each other.

Snape re-entered the room with a bottle of almost transparent potion. He poured a generous amount into a bowl and placed it on the floor where the puppies and Draco could reach it, then moved back onto the couch near Narcissa. He poured himself a glass of wine and said to her,

“Nothing left to do now except wait.”

She nodded and said,

“Indeed.”

Her voice seemed frail as if she hadn’t used it in a while and she seemed to be on the verge of tears. Mere hours ago, she had thought that she had her family back with her, but now, as she watched the puppies drinking from the bowl, she realized that her family would never be.

Draco soon began to join his offspring, lapping up the water as though he were an animal himself. And this, above all other things, told Narcissa that her son was truly lost to her.
Sign up to rate and review this story