Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Love Knows No Age - Continued

Turned Away - JUNE 26

by AlexSanDee 8 reviews

Gerard works on damage control. Bob has a unique event planned.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-06-25 - Updated: 2008-06-26 - 2086 words

5Insightful
Monica saw that Brian had arrived when she’d slipped away to make a call. She had informed the doctor’s office where she was supposed to have a job interview that she wouldn’t be able to make it. There was no way she was leaving the hospital.
Alicia saw her, “What did they say?”
“They didn’t sound too happy but agreed to let me interview on Monday.” Monica explained as she jointed them.
Brian spoke, “You can always come back and work of me.”
Monica smiled, “Thanks but you know that’s not a good idea.”
He wondered again what had happened between her and Gerard. “Look, I know lots of people who would love to hire you. Just let me make a few calls.”
Monica smiled at him, “Thanks but I want to do this on my own.”
Christa joined them. She had gone down to the cafeteria to grab a cold drink, “So any word yet?”
“Nope.” Alicia said sadly, “I have to say I’m kinda getting worried.”

Mikey found Gerard backstage talking to one of the techs. He waited until he was done speaking to him then walked over. “They have taken Jamia up to surgery. One of the babies is in distress.”
“What the fuck does that mean?” Gerard asked.
Mikey shook his head, “Something is wrong with one of them. Alicia said that Monica told her one of the babies wasn’t in the right position. Jamia’s gonna have to have a C-Section.”
“Shit.” Gerard lit a cigarette, “God, I hope everything’s gonna be okay. Frank must be out of his mind worrying.”
“Alicia said he looked bad.” Mikey turned not wanting to talk to his brother anymore. He still has angry about seeing him with Eliza earlier.
“Mikey.”
“Yeah.” He answered turning around, “What?”
“Look I know you’re pissed about Eliza but I really didn’t call her.”
Mikey shook his head, “And you really weren’t holding hands with her?” He asked sarcastically.
“It wasn’t what it looked like.” Gerard tired to explain.
“Whatever, Gee. I guess you’re right. What difference does it make? You and Monica are through.”
Hearing his brother say that hurt. “She doesn’t want anything else to do with me.”
“Why would she? Think about it. You broke up with her. She fucking found out about it on YouTube.”
“I was angry.” Gerard tired to explain but Mikey didn’t want to hear it.
“Ever notice how it’s all about you? You were angry. You broke up with her. Shit, I never thought you would act like this.”
Gerard’s anger flared, “I had my reasons.”
“I hope those reasons were good enough for all the damage they’ve done.”
Gerard’s shoulders slumped, “No, Mikey. They weren’t.”
“Then fucking fix this.” Mikey’s voice rose, “Don’t fuck up anymore. Tell Eliza to get the fuck out of your life.”
“I’m going to.” Gerard said looking down at the ground.
Mikey looked at him wondering if he was telling the truth.

It was almost an hour later that Frank finally appeared in the waiting room. All conversation stopped and everyone looked up at him.
“They are both perfect.” He smiled. “So fucking perfect.”
Suddenly the sound of happiness filled the room. Frank was bombarded with questions. Of course the main one was addressed first.
“I have a daughter and a son.” Frank said proudly.

When the band came off the stage Gerard immediately called his mom. “Any news about Jamia?’
Donna laughed, “I was just getting all the details from Monica.”
“She’s there?” Gerard felt his heart stop.
“Yeah, she’s just leaving.”
“Can I talk to her?” He knew it sounded like he was begging but he didn’t care. He heard his Mom muffled voice talking to someone. After a moment Donna’s voice came back on. “Hun, your dad tried to catch her but she’d already driven off.”
He felt his heart sink, “Oh” He tried to focus, “So tell me about Jamia and the babies. Did everything go okay?’
“Frank is now the proud papa of a boy and a girl.” Donna laughed, “According to Frank they are perfect.”
Gerard was relived, “That’s great. I was so worried when Mikey told me there was trouble.”
“She had to have a C-Section because the little boy seemed to have a mind of his own and didn’t turn in the right position.”
Gerard laughed, “Kid takes after Frank already.”
They talked several more minutes about the babies and Jamia then the conversation turned back to Monica.
“Mom, have I lost her forever?” Gerard suddenly asked.
Donna sighed, “Honey, I don’t know. She’s so hurt.”
“She was still there when I asked to talk to her, wasn’t she?” He knew in his heart what the answer would be.
“I’m sorry, son. I told her you wanted to talk to her but she turned away." Donna hated to tell him the truth.
“Yeah, I thought so.” Gerard whispered.

Frank sat in the chair by Jamia’s bed holding his daughter. The love he felt for this baby overwhelmed him. He smiled at Jamia who was holding his son. “God, they are so beautiful.” He whispered.
Jamia nodded, “I didn’t think this day would ever come.”
Frank nodded, “I didn’t either.” He touched the baby’s cheek. “She’s so soft.’ He marveled.
“Frank?”
He looked up, “Yeah?”
“Can we get married now?” She asked
Frank was shocked, “Of course. I’ve been trying to get you to marry me for months and months.”
“I know.” Jamia said softly, “And now it’s time.”

Alicia kicked off her shoes and fell down on the sofa. She was exhausted. Spending hours at the hospital worrying about the babies had drained her. She leaned back and closed her eyes. Sleep had almost claimed her when her cell phone rang. She was surprised to see it was Gerard calling.
“Hey, what’s up?” She answered. Her first thought was that something was wrong with Mikey.
“Hey, how are you?” He asked.
“I’m good. Mikey told you about the babies, didn’t he?”
“Actually I talked to Ma.” Gerard explained.
Alicia wondered why he was calling. “So what’s up?” She asked again.
“Look something happened and I need you to tell Monica about it.”
Alicia interrupted him, “Look, I don’t have her number. To tell you the truth I was gonna ask her for it today but forgot. Hell, I’m still not sure if she’ll give it to me. She’s trying to break off all ties with all of us because of you.” Alicia said letting her anger get the best of her.
Gerard didn’t respond at first and she wondered if he’d disconnected. “I know Mom has her number but I don’t want to talk about this with her.”
“So you did something and you don’t want to tell your Mom?” Alicia tone was icy.
“Mikey hasn’t told you about Eliza showing up?” Gerard asked. He had assumed his brother would have already told her.
“Showing up? Shit, Mikey thought you were gonna call her was the last thing I heard. She fucking showed up over there?”
“Yeah, today.” Gerard said rubbing his eyes. The concert had left him drained and this conversation wasn’t going well.
“How nice.” Alicia said sarcastically, “Let me guess the world is gonna be treated to pictures of the two of you together, right? Just like last time?”
“Not like last time.” Gerard said quickly, “I was a dumb fuck last time. Not this time. I told her after the concert that I never want to see her again.”
“Thought that’s what you told her last time?” Alicia said angrily. “Didn’t you?”
“Yeah, but she showed up because she’d heard that Monica and I had broke up.”
Alicia was tired and her mood was getting worse by the minute, “You and Monica broke up? That sounds like a joint effort. No, you fucking broke up with Monica.”
Gerard leaned back on the headboard, “Look, I really need you to figure out a way to talk to Monica about this.”
“Figure it out yourself.” Alicia shot back.
“Please.” He whispered. “I don’t want her to be hurt anymore. I’d done enough fucking damage. I just want her to know that I didn’t call Eliza and I’m not ever gonna be with her.”
Alicia took a deep breath, “Gee, I don’t know what to tell you. I can’t call her.”
“But you can ask Mom for her number.” He said softly.
“Don’t you think I already tried that? I miss her, Gerard. I love Monica and it kills me that she doesn’t think she should be a part of my life anymore.”
“Can you just please try?” He was on the verge of begging but he didn’t care.
Alicia heard the pain in his voice, “Gee, do you still love her? I wanna know cause if not then I don’t want to do anything that will hurt her.”
Gerard took a deep breath, “I love her but I’m afraid I’ve killed the love she had for me.”
Neither spoke for several moments Finally Alicia relented, “I’ll see what I can do. Tell me, do you really think that it’s possible there are pictures of you and Eliza?”
He remembered the man taking photos in the coffee shop. “I know there are.”
Once more Alicia sighed, “Shit, Gerard. What the hell were you thinking even speaking to that woman?”
“I wasn’t thinking.” He admitted, “I was hurting.”
“And she was gonna make it all better for you, right?” Alicia leaned back and closed her eyes, “What a fucking mess.”
“I know.” He agreed sadly, “I’ve fucking messed up everything. But I just know that if she sees photos of me and Eliza there will never be any chance for us.”
Alicia agreed, “That shit you pulled with Eliza last time broke her heart.”
“I know. That’s why you have to find a way to explain this to her.”
“I’m not sure she’d believe it even if I get a chance to tell her.” Alicia told him honestly.
“Just try.” Gerard begged, “Please.”

The day had been perfect for Bob and Kara. They had rented a car and spent the day sightseeing. The massive beauty of Niagara Falls had taken Kara’s breath away. She and Bob had returned to the inn and were now preparing to go out again for what Bob called “Something Special.” Mrs. Lancaster caught them as they were heading out the front door of the Inn.
“So off again, aye?” She stood smiling at the couple.
“Yeah.” Kara said happily. “We spent most of the day at the Falls. Now Bob has a surprise for me.”
Mrs. Lancaster looked over at Bob, “A surprise, is it?”
Bob coughed, “Well not really a big surprise or anything. A friend of mine told me about The Nightmare Fears Factory.”
Kara tried not to laugh when Mrs. Lancaster dramatically clutched her chest. “Oh, my. That place will cause a fright, dontcha know. My nephew Tommy went there. He had quite a scare. Never been right since.”
“Kid was never right to begin with.” Herbert’s muffled voice called out from the parlor.
Mrs. Lancaster ignored him. “You better take care. Hold on tight to that big strapping husband of yours.” She advised Kara.
Kara was still digesting the information on their destination. She bet she knew which friend had told Bob about the place. “Oh, I will.” She said suddenly rejoining the conversation.
“And don’t forget. There’s no shame in that Chicken List, dontcha know.”
“Chicken List?” Kara asked.
Mrs. Lancaster nodded, “If it gets to scary for ya they’ll have someone take ya outta the place. Then they put your name on the Chicken List.”
Bob snorted, “How scary can it be?”



AUTHORS NOTE: FORGIVE ME GUYS BUT I NEED TO TAKE A BIT OF TIME OFF. SO MANY THINGS ARE GOING ON IN MY LIFE RIGHT NOW THAT I NEED TO DEAL WITH. NEW CHAPTER ON MONDAY. THANKS FOR THE GREAT SUPPORT YOU ALL HAVE GIVEN ME. LOVE YOU ALL -- SanDee XOXO



Sign up to rate and review this story