Categories > Cartoons > Avatar: The Last Airbender > The Story Of The Avatar And The Waterbender

The Story Of The Avatar And The Waterbender

by micman 1 review

A collection of oneshots that might be turned into full series based on reviews. R&R

Category: Avatar: The Last Airbender - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Aang,Katara - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2008-06-22 - Updated: 2008-06-22 - 645 words

-1OOC
He fell. He just fell and fell and fell. This was not the strong, mighty Avatar. No, it was the heartbroken man named Aang.

87 years ago, at the end of the war, Aang had killed Firlord Ozai with his bare hands. As he left, a large bolt of lightning hit the ground behind him. He had forgot to kill Azula, and she wanted a piece of him.

The blast knocked him many miles, right into the swamp where the swampbenders lived. It took Aang 20 long, agonizing years to recover. Through that time, he decided to travel the world, looking for Katara all the way. It took 35 years just to see her face again.

By then, society had bloomed. Newsrocks were in stands everywhere. They were chunks of rock with stuff earthbent into them. Anyway, he saw a slightly aged Katara picture. Underneath it was the headline Waterbender Bares All In Public Interview. According to the story, she had stated "The Avatar is dead. Not only to me, But to the living."

This hurt Aang alot. He was dead to her? How? He saved the world, for Avatar's sake! He did'nt give up though. He travelled like a shadow, there one day, gone the next. Travelling by word of mouth, He travelled for a further 20 year until finally he made his way to 14 Kyoshi street.

He rung the doorbell. It was actually a mouse that you tapped on the head. it would run to a small gong and hit it with its tail, which had a rock attached to it. A woman looking like Gran Gran opened the door and looked at the tall, bald, old man who stood before her.


"Aang? Is that you?" she asked. "Yeah, It's me." he replied. As he waited for the "Moment Of True Reconciliation" (the bit where the girl rushes into the guy's arms and tells him to never go away again), he thinks about all he has gone through just to see her face again, and that he truly loved her.

Moments later, a wall of ice collided with him. A furious Katara stood before him. "HOW DARE YOU!!! I WASTED 87 YEARS WALLOWING HERE IN HEARTBREAK AND YOU TURN UP ON MY DOOR STEP TO SPEND THE REST OF YOUR WORTHLESS LIFE WITH ME???

"No, i... i..."

"WHAT??? WANT TO MAKE FUN OF ME??? WANT TO TRY AND PICK UP WHERE WE LEFT OFF??? WELL SOOOOORY, MR AVATAR, BUT YOU ARE DEAD TO ME!!! YOU HEAR ME??? DEAD TO ME!!!"

There was a silence. People were coming out of there homes to see the big fight. Aang was getting up, a hurt expression on his face. "As a matter of fact, no. i just wanted to see your beautiful face again. I loved you, Katara! I travelled for 87 years just to see your face again! My entire life was based on that one task, to see you one more time! But now my life is complete."

"Oh, Aang, i'm so...

"Forget it! I saw you and i did! Goodbye, Katara."

And as he walked away, he added "Oh, and sorry for being dead to you." Katara shed a single tear. it fell onto a small chunk of ice in the shape of a heart. it split into 2.

And thats why he was falling. As he neared the ground, he saw Katara. "Aang, I love you too! I'm sorry!" She screamed. But she knew it was too late. She lifted up a pile of snow.

His heart restored, he tried to airbend himself to a stop, but he was old and weak. Katara added more and more snow to her ball. She turned it to ice. And she put it over her head.

As Aang was about to hit the ground, they both said "Goodbye, my love"

And as he hit the ground, She let go of her iceball
Sign up to rate and review this story