Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > This Is how We'll Be, Oh Glory.

Strong enough to leave all doubt

by xcandix 1 review

Last chapter.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2008-06-28 - Updated: 2008-06-29 - 2419 words

0Unrated



"You know Brendon told me everything. After you two broke up, I mean. He told me that he cheated on you and that he hurt you so badly. I knew for sure that you would never be back, and that scared me because Brendon has never had somebody in his life like you. You're his best friend and the love of his life. I feel terrible for making you feel like I was attacking you're mother. I give her credit for what she has gone through and I hope I get to meet her soon," she walked over and gave me a hug. I was confused but I hugged her back," I also give you credit for taking him back into you're life again. You are a strong woman and I hope he keeps you forever. It takes a lot to trust someone who you love so dearly and who has hurt you so bad. You're an angel and I'm proud to know that he is dating you."


Her response caught me off guard and I wasn't too sure of what to say. As I broke from the hug I saw her a bit teary eyed.


"Are you okay?" I asked concerned.


"Yea, it's just all this mushy crap," she laughed," now lets go back outside."


I grabbed a couple of cups and followed her back outside. Everyone was seated around a big wooden table.


"Where were you?" Brendon asked as I came to sit next to him.


"Just talking to you mom," I replied as I flashed a smile her way.


"Oh, what were you talking about?"


"Nothing dear, don't worry about it," his mother smiled.


"Okay," he replied suspiciously," anyway Maddy and I came here to tell you all something."


"It's not anything bad is it?" His father asked concerned.


"No actually it's something wonderful."


Everybody was looking hungrily at Brendon for an answer. They eagerly waited to hear the news.


"Last night it was Maddy's twentieth birthday and I decided to ask her to marry me, and she said yes. We're going to get married."


"Brendon that's wonderful," his mom smiled.


"Good job, son," his dad laughed.


They continued to give us hugs and congratulate us. I was thrilled that they were okay with it. I don't know what would happen if they didn't want Brendon to marry me. I held on to his hand a little tighter as the thought entered my mind, but his smile and quick glance put me at ease.


Brendon's POV.


Maddy, my mom, and my sister started talking about wedding details, which was a bit weird, so I followed my dad into the house.


"We certainly can't make any contribution to that conversation," my dad laughed as he sat down in the chair in his office.


"You not lying."


"My youngest is getting married. Does that make me old?" My dad asked me.


"Just a bit," I laughed.


"Funny," he remarked, " So, how'd you pop the question."


"I took her to the rooftop of a building and I made it seem like it was just her birthday dinner, but afterwards I asked her."


"Was she shocked?"


"Yea, but in a good way."


"You don't think you two are a bit young?"


"Well that crossed my mind, but those couple of months that I was with Maddy were the worst of my life."


"I know you stayed here the entire time not coming out of your old room."


"I just don't ever want to be without her again."


"Well I think Maddy is an amazing girl, but don't get it in your head that once you get married you can make mistakes and she won't leave you. Just make sure you are doing this for the right reasons. You have to look at this from Maddy's standpoint, too."


"That's not the reason I asked her to marry me. I'll never make that mistake ever again. I love her way too much. I just want to take the next step in our future together."


Maddy's POV.


All the wedding talk was a bit exhausting. I loved his mom's and his sister's enthusiasm, but there were just too many questions to be asked. Truth is, I haven't even thought about the details for the wedding. I'm just assuming that it's gonna be a little while down the road. Brendon walked back outside with his dad right behind him.


"You ready to get going?" he asked me.


"Uh, sure," I replied.


"Why are you two leaving so soon?" his mom asked.


"We have to get to LA to tell Maddy's family."


"Oh you kids have a bit of a drive then."


Kids. It hit me. We weren't. Kids don't get married. Kids play in sand boxes together, and share freeze pops. I'm twenty and I'm getting married, the though hit me like a steam engine. I felt my breath shorten and my chest tighten.


"Maddy, Maddy," Brendon shouted as he jumped across the table to catch me. I blacked out.


I felt like I was falling down a well or a hole. I was freezing and could see my breath. Something caught me. I couldn't see who it was. I started to see light again. I felt something cold and wet on my face.


"Here put this on her forehead," I heard his sister's voice.


"Maddy, are you alright?" his voice soothed me as I reached reality again. I was a bit confused, but I knew where I was at.


"Uh-uh yea. Wow that was weird. I'm sorry."


"Don't apologize. Are you okay?" His dad asked.


"Yeah, yea, I'm fine now." I sat up and everybody watched me with careful eyes.


"Maybe it's the heat Brendon, you sure she is going to be able to make the trip." His mom asked worriedly.


"No, no I'll be fine. I think I'm just adjusting to the new heat. I'm used to it being a bit brisk in New York still," I looked at everyone, they all seemed a bit unconvinced," really, I'm fine."


"Alright let's get going then," Brendon said as he helped me up.


"You didn't hit your head did you?" His mom asked me.


"Nah, I think Brendon caught me in time."


"Alright well give us a call when you get to LA just so we know you are both safe," his mom insisted with concern.


"No problem," I replied as Brendon helped me off the ground. We said our goodbyes and made our way to the car. He started the car and pulled out of his parent's driveway. We sat in silence until we hit the highway.


"You alright," he asked between glances at me and at the road.


"Yeah, I'm fine why?"


"Maddy, the heat has never bothered you before."


"So?"


"So, why did you faint back there?"


"I don't know Brendon I just fainted."


"Are you feeling overwhelmed or something?"


It was scary that he was so close to knowing what was actually wrong. I didn't want to tell him because I didn't want him to take it the wrong way. And I knew he would. If i told him he would think that I didn't trust him, or that I didn't love him. That wasn't the case, I just- I didn't even know myself.


"I guess overwhelmed is a way to put it, but it's a bit strong." I replied cautiously.


"What do you mean?"


"This morning I was ecstatic about us, but then something your mom said made me realize how young we really are. She called us kids, Brendon. We aren't even legal to drink yet-"


"I will be in about six months."


"That's not the point. I don't want us to rush into something we can't handle."


"I don't think that there is anything harder to handle than what we already have. I wouldn't have asked you if I didn't think we were ready. I been mulling this over for three weeks."


"Wait, was that the surprise you thought of in the hotel room?"


"Yea."


"And you kept it a secret for that long?"


"Yes, well I had a lot of planning to do too."


"You did a beautiful job."


"Listen Maddy, we love each other. We're happy. That's all we need." He grabbed on to my hand and looked me deeply in the eyes, "Now am I driving on or turning around?"


He was right, we had all that we needed.


"We're still going to LA." I smiled at him and kissed him on the cheek.


The drive was long and full of conversation. We talked about how he was going to be recording the next album at the Palms and how I was going to be producing the Cab in the studio the floor above theirs.We also talked about when we wanted to have a wedding, and we decided sometime next spring. About four hours later we were pulling into my brother, Vince's, driveway.


We got out of the car and made our way to the front door. I knocked and eagerly waited for someone to answer the door.


"You think they'll be excited?" Brendon asked.


"I'm sure," I replied.


Brendon's POV.


I was really nervous. I wasn't sure if Maddy had told her family about what happened and I didn't want them to think less of me.


"Maddym do they know?"


"Know what?" she asked.


"About why we broke up."


"No." she quickly answered as her younger sister answered the door.


"Maddy!" he younger sister smiled. I think Maddy is four years younger than her," Brendon!" She gave us both hugs and lead us happily into the house.


"Madeline," her mother smiled as she walked up and gave her a hug. She came over and gave me one also. We sat on the couches in the sunroom behind the house.


"Where's Vince?" Maddy asked her mom, Michelle.


"Some production tour. You know he is always away working. So what brings the sudden visit? Normally you call."


"Yea, sorry about that." I added sheepishly.


"No worries, I'm just wondering what brought you two here."


"Should I tell her?" Maddy smiled at me.


"Tell me what, Madeline?"


"Tell her," I urged Maddy.


"Alright, alright. Last night Brendon asked me to marry him," it was funny watching their expressions," and I said yes."


"Oh my god, this is crazy," her sister replied with a smile and gave us a hug.


"Oh I'm so happy for you two," her mom followed her sister's suit, "have you set a date?"


"No, were in no rush," I smiled.


"Who else knows?" he sister asked.


"Not many people. Just Brendon's family, Jade doesn't even know. That means no telling anybody. Not even your best friends."


"Don't worry, don't worry I won't."


"You either mom. No calling up forty relatives," Maddy laughed.


"I won't, I won't. No worries."


"We want to keep this very private. I don't want this to get on gossip blogs, or websites, or even tabloids."


"We swear, we'll keep it a secret."


We spent about another hour or two catching up with her mom and sister. It was about six when we began driving back home.


"I'm glad both of our parents took it so well." I told Maddy.


"Me too, I was worried your family wouldn't take it so well."


"No shit, me too."


"Why were you scared, my family loves you."


"I thought you may have told them about why we broke up. Why didn't you?"


"I didn't want them to hate you."


"Why? I was such an asshole," I laughed.


"I guess a part of me hoped that it didn't really happen. I wanted to believe that we'd be together again."


"Then why did you date Ryan?" It felt weird to say that. We never really talked about it specifically.


"Ryan was there for me and we were going through a hard time together, but that probably wasn't the best thing for us to do after we both went through a break-up."


"Do you still love him?" It wasn't right to ask her that, but I felt I needed to know.


"No, not like I thought I did. I still love him, but as brother. I never loved him like I loved you." She smiled and gave me a big kiss. It felt good to hear her say that. Ryan and I were best friend, but Maddy belonged to me and I belonged to her. Simple as that. It was about eleven o'clock when we pulled into the parking garage of our condo. I looked over at Maddy, I was exhausted and she had fallen asleep.


"Maddy," I whispered.


"Hmmm?" she moaned as she tossed and turned in the seat. She looked very uncomfortable. I slipped out of the car and quietly shut the door. I walked over to her side and open the door. I slipped my arms underneath her back and her knees and started to lift her up.


"Come on," I whispered quietly as I tried to maneuver her out of the car without hurting her. I carried her up the short flight of stairs. I managed to unlock the door and open it without dropping her or waking her up. I quietly closed the door behind her. Ella came to the front door wagging her tail and barking.


"Shhh," I whispered and I carried Maddy to the bed. I gently laid her down and kissed her forehead. I began to walk out of the room.


"Brendon?" she whispered.


"Yea babe?"


"Are we gonna be okay?" She asked looking up at me as I stood beside the bed. I sat down next to her and held her hand.


"Of course we are. Why would you think differently?"


"It just seems like when we are doing well something gets in the way."


"It's okay to be happy, Maddy. I love you and that's all I need to know that I'll fight for you, no matter what."


"I love you," she smiled.


"I love you, too."


"Just think in a short time I'm gonna be Mrs. Maddy Urie. That sounds a bit funny doesn't it?" she laughed.


"Nah, I think I could get used to it."






** So this is officially the last chapter. I wasn't quite sure how to end it, but this is what came out. I'll try to put up some type of epilogue/prologue by tomorrow. Please review beacuse I really want to know what you guys all think of it. What do you think will happen in the sequel?
Sign up to rate and review this story